FreeFlight with sf4JC fshost

grumpy bone

I'd like to suggest a recreation flight at sf4JC server.

Purpose:

1. Testing the online play and the server

2. Checking online lags in thermalling and occurrence of collisions

3. Checking if CumulsX and sim_probe does the same thing for everybody

4. LOTS OF PHUN! :D

Anybody that's up for this please write your preferences of location, time (please write a gmt also) and plane. If one has a custom paint be reminded that you'll be seen as cessna. It would be nice that location would look nice with fsx scenery.

###############

TIME: Anytime till June 30th. Exceptions are this Friday and afternoon gmt1700 Sunday.

Hours between 700-100 (gmt600-0000)

Plane: Lak Genesis 2/DG 808 SOAR

###############

Don't know about the weather. I guess that it would be best using real weather but what if the weather will be bad? And also will teamspeak be a must have?

I've got some good news, and I've got some bad news. I'll go with the bad news first...

I started working to get my Vista32 machine updated to SP2, and ended up knocking out the OS somehow. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm in the process of installing a new hard drive (less expense than to have it repaired at the local shop) to the computer. After I get Vista up to standards, I'm going to see if I can install the old hard drive (as a secondary hard drive) to get all the info off of it. Hopefully I can still get the info so I can have a somewhat less troublesome reinstall of the FSHost and TeamSpeak servers. It's going to take a little time to get there, not to mention the "hit and miss" of locating files for the reinstall.

To make it even worse for you all, the server may only be open for a few days before I leave for about a week to a week and a half vacation. So, if everything goes well enough tonight and tomarrow, I can have the servers going by Sunday and have it going till Thursday July 2nd. I will be returning maybe by the weekend of July 10th-12th (could be earlier, could be later).

Now for some good news, I've got some weekend FS2004/FSX - FunFly/Competitions (at least 3 by the end of summer) in the works if we get good results from testing. They will be based off of real-world contests and flyins that take place those respective weekends. I have been able to get good weather data from past years to have a good idea of what the original contestants got to fly in. So in that respect, things look really good for simulation. And I can have more than 2 servers going at a time to accommodate freeflight, funfly, and contests servers with there own weather conditions.

So, all in all, I just need to keep my head up for the next few trying days, and the future will come in time.

grumpy, I will be able to set the weather conditions from within FSHost for several of the servers and to keep one server going real-world weather, but something seems to tell me there was a glitch with FSX (FSHostClient). I will look into it once the servers are established.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry too much about what seems to be a lack of interest. I think with more than a few events scheduled and advertized on the main site, it will pick up more maybe. I've got more funfly's that I'm looking into, but I want the first three events totally mapped out first, before I release more info. I'm kinda getting ahead of myself though, I thought I had brought all the info with me on vacation with my laptop to research any problems that may exist, but found out right away that I missed it. I get back late tomarrow, and will definitely have the main server going by the end of the day, and I'll keep it going for a few days without interuption. I will also have another server going in a couple days maybe, when I get a chance to look at info collected from last year and feel confident I'm doing everything to the best of my knowledge.

So again, don't worry. I'm going to run events for the rest of the year and hopefully learn right of way from any mistakes that come up. Also, I'm going to keep the events going no matter how few or many people attend. I'm committed to this for at least a year, so as long as everything works out to the communities benefit.

Scott