CAREER MENU PROBLEMS

jbcanada77

No matter how many times I activate the parking brake in the Cessna 208B, the menu does not show up. I've tried to reinstall the whole package but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated..

thanks,

jb

jb, does the mission load correctly? Do you get any error messages on loading the mission? Does the introduction video start on mission load? What screen shows up if you press ESC?

hello. I have also the same problem. the program and correctly installer.I do not have a message error and not of video introduction. if I press esc I have the window original fsx to leave the mission. thank you :)

...I do not have a message error and not of video introduction...

Sorry to ask again, but do you or do you not see the introduction video with the hot air balloon?

Do you have FSX SP2 or Acceleration?

I not to have video a whole. I click on the key to fly and I start with the cessna on air of parking. without window small. I am fsx acceleration. thank you

It looks like the installer had problems installing the addon correctly for both of you. The mission itself is compatible with all FSX versions, RTM, SP1, SP2 and Acceleration, so that cannot cause the malfunction.

Is the scenery installed correctly - can you find it in the scenery library? Do the free flights work? Can you select all ASC aircraft in the aircraft menu?

And finally: Which addon aircraft do you have? The Twin otter or the Bush Hawk?

jb, does the mission load correctly? Do you get any error messages on loading the mission? Does the introduction video start on mission load? What screen shows up if you press ESC?

No, I did not see any video when I started the mission. I just started in the cockpit of the Cessna.

It looks like the installer had problems installing the addon correctly for both of you. The mission itself is compatible with all FSX versions, RTM, SP1, SP2 and Acceleration, so that cannot cause the malfunction.

Is the scenery installed correctly - can you find it in the scenery library? Do the free flights work? Can you select all ASC aircraft in the aircraft menu?

And finally: Which addon aircraft do you have? The Twin otter or the Bush Hawk?

I can see it in the scenery library and I can select all of the ASC aircraft. The Twin Otter is my add-on aircraft.

Ok, I hope you are an advanced user, so could you please do this: Insert the following 2 lines into your fsx.cfg:

[Debug]

ReportLoadErrors=1

You probably get an error message now as soon as you try to start the mission (FSX will crash afterwards, don't be shocked by this). What does the error message say?

Ok, I hope you are an advanced user, so could you please do this: Insert the following 2 lines into your fsx.cfg:

You probably get an error message now as soon as you try to start the mission (FSX will crash afterwards, don't be shocked by this). What does the error message say?

I get the following error when doing it like described:

post-13257-1245755860_thumb.jpg

Well, it looks like you don't have the Trike installed, at least not with the expected title. :unsure:

I didn't want to spoil this (it's kind of an E-Egg), but the Aircreation Trike can also be found and used in the career, so it has to be installed too. Of course it is part of the default aircraft fleet, so I'm surprised that it's not found on your system.

Check this folder: fsx/simobjects/Aircreation_582SL. Does it exist? If yes, open the aircraft.cfg and find this:

[fltsim.2]

title= Aircreation582SL yellow, white and red

sim=Aircreation_582SL

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=3

The bold title is the important part, it has to be named exactly as "Aircreation582SL yellow, white and red". If not, rename and the mission should run fine. ;)

For more about how the career mode handles aircraft, read the tips+tricks thread.

Well, it looks like you don't have the Trike installed, at least not with the expected title. :unsure:

I didn't want to spoil this (it's kind of an E-Egg), but the Aircreation Trike can also be found and used in the career, so it has to be installed too. Of course it is part of the default aircraft fleet, so I'm surprised that it's not found on your system.

Check this folder: fsx/simobjects/Aircreation_582SL. Does it exist? If yes, open the aircraft.cfg and find this:

The bold title is the important part, it has to be named exactly as "Aircreation582SL yellow, white and red". If not, rename and the mission should run fine. ;)

For more about how the career mode handles aircraft, read the tips+tricks thread.

Hi,

no it does not exist..... I really wonder whats goning on....

That error message does not necessarily has to say something. In any case it won't interfere with the mission, it just possibly won'T show up as an Aerosoft mission.

You don't have the Trike? Well, I wonder why. It is part of FSX standard as well as deluxe and not altered by Acceleration, so it sure has to be installed on a normal FSX installation. Search for the folder "Aircreation_582SL". If it doesn't exist you probably have to reinstall FSX or use the repair function.

WARNING: This may lead to new issues, for example having to reinstall addons (possibly).

If you don't want to go through this, simply add a new livery of any other aircraft in your virtual hangar (for example the C172) and assign this title:

[fltsim.?]

title= Aircreation582SL yellow, white and red

The mission will now load fine. ;)

That error message does not necessarily has to say something. In any case it won't interfere with the mission, it just possibly won'T show up as an Aerosoft mission.

You don't have the Trike? Well, I wonder why. It is part of FSX standard as well as deluxe and not altered by Acceleration, so it sure has to be installed on a normal FSX installation. Search for the folder "Aircreation_582SL". If it doesn't exist you probably have to reinstall FSX or use the repair function.

WARNING: This may lead to new issues, for example having to reinstall addons (possibly).

If you don't want to go through this, simply add a new livery of any other aircraft in your virtual hangar (for example the C172) and assign this title:

The mission will now load fine. ;)

That works. Thanks a lot :)

That works. Thanks a lot :)

no, wait. Now another great error appears:

"Luftfahrzeug -Initialisierungsfehler

African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC"

I tried to reinstall it 3 times. now i get duplicate aircraft entries when i start FSX and the error mentioned above.

Guys, this really sucks :mad:

It looks like the installer sort of hiccuped. Maybe it couldn'T cope with several reinstallments, but I'm not the one who code them, so I only can guess.

I think at this moment it is easiest to check all aircraft.cfg files to see if all ASC titles are there.

Here's what you should find:

5Y-ASB in Bush Hawk or Maule CFG (only one of them, depends on if you have the Hawk)

5Y-ASA and 5Y-ASC in C208 CFG

5Y-ASD in Dash8

5Y-ASR in Robinson sim.cfg

5Y-AST in KingAir or Twin Otter CFG (depends on if you have the Twin Otter)

I hope you can sort this out by yourself - and I hope it's not an installer bug but rather a onetime issue.

..during install i got those error message i remember:

post-13257-1245764770_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this could work, but maybe if someone sends us a copy of that missing FSCategories.xml file we could put it in the FSX Categories folder and it might solve the problem.

I don't think this is the main issue at the moment. AfaIk the mission should still run. Did you try what I wrote above, using the debug line in your fsx.cfg?

I can't find where the fsx.cfg is. Could you please tell me?

If you use Vista it should be here: C:\users\(name)\Appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx.

In XP I used to know, but it's not so hard to find if you use the Windows explorer. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you use Vista it should be here: C:\users\(name)\Appdata\roaming\microsoft\fsx.

In XP I used to know, but it's not so hard to find if you use the Windows explorer. wink.gif

I still can't find it.... :-(

Try this one: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

What do you have? Vista? XP?

I'm sure you will have no trouble finding it using the window explorer search if it shouldn't be in the folder I pointed out above. ;)

Try this one: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

What do you have? Vista? XP?

I'm sure you will have no trouble finding it using the window explorer search if it shouldn't be in the folder I pointed out above. ;)

I have XP.

The error message has nothing to do with AAA. It said something like: Load Error Helgoland Sightseeing Tour......Duplicate scenario instanceID detected. (I own Helgoland X)

This error message doesn't matter. It occured after installing Acceleration because of a duplicate GUID. SImply cklick ok and proceed to the mission list. Click on the AAA career and see if you get any error message.