f-16 GPS How to POST. Where is it?

JIMJAM

2nd Hard drive lost in 2 months. Total reinstall AGAIN :angry:

There was a post with instructions on how to add a gps to the jet which showed up on the right mfd. I cannot find it.

Can someone lead me to it or post the panel.cfg or lines so I can add it to my planes.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you Sir.

Had a 2 month old Raptor HD fly apart leading to a total reinstall 2 months ago.

Just bought a Gateway i7 based machine against my better judgement from BestBuy to hold me over till my next build. The price was cheaper than I could ever imagine building any system much less a i7. Now I know why. Not only was it bloated with every crapware program there is but I hate Vista. Overall it just feels cheap. 3 weeks old and last night the HD failed as in doa. Not under warranty cause I changed out the power supply and ram. Ive been reinstalling FSX addons since 4 pm yesterday. 2 total Vista 64 and FSX reinstalls in 2 months.

Ok Im done griping. Thanks.

2nd Hard drive lost in 2 months. Total reinstall AGAIN :angry:

There was a post with instructions on how to add a gps to the jet which showed up on the right mfd. I cannot find it.

Can someone lead me to it or post the panel.cfg or lines so I can add it to my planes.

Thanks for any help.

Hi JIMJAM;

To add in the GPS feature I worked out a long time ago

go into the "SimObjects" folder, from there "Airplanes" then "Aerosoft F-16AM Display"

most, if not all of the Aerosoft F-16's panel CFG's refer, by default to this version.

Open the "Panel" folder then open the "panel.cfg CFG File 2KB"

Add both the lines

gauge11=fs9gps!gps_500, 164,288,192,205

draw_order00=gauge11, gauge06, gauge07,

then save the file and restart the sim (when the sim asks do you want to overwrite, click YES)

When you start up and run the Jet ,, switch off the MFD on/off switch thats on the

AVIONICS POWER panel by your right elbow in the cockpit

One word of caution though ,,please please back up your original and save it so if you

have to revert back to the original you will have it available

Good Luck with the change..I hope it all works the same way for you with your new set up

(I am jealous by the way :blush: ) as it does for me on my old system :rolleyes:

keep us informed

Randy

• 10 months later...

QUOTE (JIMJAM @ Jun 20 2009, 15:34 ) 2nd Hard drive lost in 2 months. Total reinstall AGAIN angry.gif

Thanks for any help.

Hi JIMJAM;

To add in the GPS feature I worked out a long time ago

go into the "SimObjects" folder, from there "Airplanes" then "Aerosoft F-16AM Display"

most, if not all of the Aerosoft F-16's panel CFG's refer, by default to this version.

Open the "Panel" folder then open the "panel.cfg CFG File 2KB"

Add both the lines

gauge11=fs9gps!gps_500, 164,288,192,205

draw_order00=gauge11, gauge06, gauge07,

then save the file and restart the sim (when the sim asks do you want to overwrite, click YES)

When you start up and run the Jet ,, switch off the MFD on/off switch thats on the

AVIONICS POWER panel by your right elbow in the cockpit

One word of caution though ,,please please back up your original and save it so if you

have to revert back to the original you will have it available

Good Luck with the change..I hope it all works the same way for you with your new set up

(I am jealous by the way blush.gif ) as it does for me on my old system rolleyes.gif

keep us informed

Randy

Really a nice job!! I use it very often. It would be great if there was also a HSI in the left MDF when the right MDF is the Garmin 500 is this Possible??

Really a nice job!! I use it very often. It would be great if there was also a HSI in the left MDF when the right MDF is the Garmin 500 is this Possible??

crazyhorseabg;

Glad you and others like my addition :)

I will work on it and if possable ,,will post a solution here

Randy

crazyhorseabg;

Glad you and others like my addition :)

I will work on it and if possable ,,will post a solution here

Randy

crazyhorseabg;

In the panle cfg refered to above noted ,add to it the line that I have highlighted below

gauge08=VIPER!ex_light_control, 0,0,1,1

gauge09=VIPER!AS_Mastercaution, 0,0,1,1

//gauge10=VIPER!Eng_smoke, 0,0,1,1

gauge11=fs9gps!gps_500, 164,288,192,205 //always on

gauge12=KingAir!Hsi, 6,310,165,170

draw_order00=gauge11, gauge06, gauge07, /////////

Might not be the HSI you prefer but I did pull it from a default aircraft that I new you would have

let me know if this is what you were looking for

Randy

Guten Tag intrepit Randy

Using your GPS solution since you published it here.

Like it. Thanks again.

Having the GPS in Aerosoft f-16 left MFD would be also fine.

Go ahead.

Günter

Guten Tag intrepit Randy

Using your GPS solution since you published it here.

Like it. Thanks again.

Having the GPS in Aerosoft f-16 left MFD would be also fine.

Go ahead.

Günter

Günter; glad to know you are using my changes,,

The numbers "164,288" on the "gauge11" line refer to the location of the MFD.. and numbers "192,205" refer to the size of the gauge ,,therfore if you were to change the "164,288" to "6,310" on the "gauge11" line, you will get the GPS in the left MFD space

Keep in mind tho , if you want the King air HSI to display ,you will have to change its location as well or just deleate the gauge 12 line from the list I posted on May 11

Enjoy

Randy :D

Günter; glad to know you are using my changes,,

The numbers "164,288" on the "gauge11" line refer to the location of the MFD.. and numbers "192,205" refer to the size of the gauge ,,therfore if you were to change the "164,288" to "6,310" on the "gauge11" line, you will get the GPS in the left MFD space

Keep in mind tho , if you want the King air HSI to display ,you will have to change its location as well or just deleate the gauge 12 line from the list I posted on May 11

Enjoy

Randy biggrin.gif

Guten Tag Randy,

many thanks for the solution F-16 GPS in LeftMFD.

Sorry to say I got a problem.

GPS is situated in LMFD.

However it is placed not far enough to the left. So right part of GPS stretches into RightMFD

Even parameter 0,310 on the gauge11 line instead 6,310 solved the problem.

No idea what to do.

King air solution is of no help since I do not use King air.

Günter

Guten Tag Randy,

many thanks for the solution F-16 GPS in LeftMFD.

Sorry to say I got a problem.

GPS is situated in LMFD.

However it is placed not far enough to the left. So right part of GPS stretches into RightMFD

Even parameter 0,310 on the gauge11 line instead 6,310 solved the problem.

No idea what to do.

King air solution is of no help since I do not use King air.

Günter

Sorry about that ...I forgot to change the size of the gauge to fit the MFD...oops :blush:

Try this line

gauge11=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,297,180,205

Sorry about that ...I forgot to change the size of the gauge to fit the MFD...oops blush.gif

Try this line

gauge11=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,297,180,205

Danke Randy

GPS is fitting well now in LMFD and working properly.

Fine.

Günter

• 4 weeks later...