African Airstrip Adventures Questions

Leorstef

As a big fan of missions in FSX, I am really look forward to purchasing this Aerosoft product after work tonight. The career mode sounds very exciting and what I am most interested in about AAA.

I have some questions though, looking through the preview threads, I noticed some folks flying add-on aircraft. Will we be able to select any aircraft from our own FSX hangar, easily for these missions, or will some type of editing be required? Also, these days I am a bonafide rotorhead, I find it very hard to put myself behind the stick of a fixed wing anymore. I would prefer to fly a helicopter for the missions, will this possible to do in AAA, and still make a career of it? Is AAA as "open-ended" a product as I am hoping for? Thanks.

Leor

Hello Leor,

fortunately I can say "Yes" to all your questions - a "yes, but..." though.

There's no mission in which you can easily choose your favourite aircraft without editing something, because fsx is very limited in its options when it comes to missions. We were able to expand some of those limitations though. In the career mode you are able to use 4 different aircraft. By default those are the C208, Maule, King Air and Robinson Helicopter. If you have the Bush Hawk or Twin otter on your system they will be installed to be used instead of the Maule or King Air.

From that point on it is up to your editing which other aircraft you want to use. I will post a tweak-guide within the next days, but I can promise you: you can use whatever aircraft you want to use, including helicopters. ;)

Leor, I'm sure you found this topic and found it useful? ;)

Dave, you can fly the career mode without using helicopters, but you will have to decline certain jobs then. This may not affect your reputation as badly as your flying skills will increase it ;) - but of course you will miss some jobs and will have to concentrate on the others.

In free flight mode you are free to choose your favourite aircraft of course. We just included the R22 as one of the ideal vehicles (together with the Trike) to discover the AAA wildlife.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

sorry for my English...

I had buy AAA in 2009 et I reinstall it on a new PC. I has buy an add-on C 208 of Carenado. Is it possible to fly with it in AAA? I have read your topic for the changement of planes.

I try some changements in aircraft config, but I has not find. I have a dark screen where I can see weakly the cockpit.

Is there a solution?

Best regards

Philippe

You can fly the Carenado C208 with AAA. See this topic for how to edit the config files.

EDIT: Sorry, I overlooked that you already read that topic. Can you describe in more detail what you did with the aircraft configs?

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

I write African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC -UNUSED in the aircraft.cfg of C208 of FSX. I copy one [flightsimX] of aircraft.cfg of Carenado C208 under the others and I give it the following number. I change the Title with African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC.

Must I copy the ASC texture in the folder of Caranado C208 and write ASC in the texture or not?

I think that I have follow the explications of the topic but I have a black screen after. I try with DirectX10 et DirectX9

Thanks to read me

Best regards

I write African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC -UNUSED in the aircraft.cfg of C208 of FSX.

That looks correct.

I copy one [flightsimX] of aircraft.cfg of Carenado C208 under the others and I give it the following number. I change the Title with African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC.

Looks correct too.

Must I copy the ASC texture in the folder of Caranado C208 and write ASC in the texture or not?

No, you cannot use the AAA livery for the default C208 with the Carenado model. They are different addons and I don't think the paint textures would be compatible.

Could you attach the aircraft.cfg files for both the default and the Carenado C208's to your post (press Use Full Editor button, then use the Attach Files function at the bottom of the editor, you may need to zip the files) so I can have a look at them. Maybe there's just a typo somewhere.

Sorry, but the file wasn't attached. After selecting the file on your hard drive for upload, you need to click the 'Attach this file' button before you post the reply. Could you try again please?

I have attached my aircraft.cfg for the Carenado C208. You need to download and install the optional flight dynamics enhancements from the Carenado website (C208 Optional Patch) to make this one to work (highly suggested though).

aircraft_cfg.zip

OK, thank you very much. My favorite plane is in AAA. I don't know if it's an error with my changement of aircraft.cfg (certainly!...) or if it's the patch.

All is right now.

Again thank you very much

Philippe