Released Mallorca X

• Aerosoft
I would like to thank Thorsten, Rainer, Oliver and all the responsible people whose names I don't know for bringing Mallorca to FS9.

I made a FRA-PMI flight this morning (see below) and I must say it's one brilliant addon! I like it very much. One of Simwing's best so far.

Not only the airport and the animated traffic, but also the island's mesh and photo ground textures (with autogen) add so much realism.

Not to mention all the city buildings and roads seen on approach. That's how I like it most!

I'll be a frequent flying visitor in Mallorca now, both offline and on VATSIM.

Thanks again,

Rafal

Palma_resize.jpg

Looking at your image we are really close to full realism in the objects aren't we? Of course we can make all objects more detailed in years to come but this is one of those images where I can't find anything that's missing.

• Aerosoft
Yep I agree but in FSX it's just stunning :) that's why there is the difference between 250 mb > 4 gb :excl:

In FSX, using the additional 3,75 Gb of ground images, the smoother mesh and the much better water I really got to say that this is a product that can be compared between FS2004 and FSX and where FSX really wins. With a serious margin. And I get actually better FPS in FSX using settings that show the same (so rather low settings in FSX). This is a kick ass scenery for FSX.

Not to say it is shabby in FS2004. But islands just do very well in FSX.

• Aerosoft
I`m absolutely sure, it is ... :) ...

One question to the developers ... the water at the northern coastline is partly running up the cliffs ... is this related to my max_vertex_level =21 ?

Could very well be, this is of course made for default FSX settings. Send us an image at support@aerosoft.com and we'll check it out.

No need for the 'but', Andre.

I am absolutely convinced it is also stunning in FS9. ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

Or maybe a missed too don't be to nervous about another opinion :lol:

It's just stunning stuff :)

I can't find anything that's missing

I'll take my virtual Katana and do a thorough search all around the island.

But that is not going to be an easy action as all the scenery looks breathtaking.

don't be to nervous about another opinion

LOL, nervous people look more like this :angry: than like that ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

I'll take my virtual Katana and do a thorough search all around the island.

But that is not going to be an easy action as all the scenery looks breathtaking.

LOL, nervous people look more like this :angry: than like that ;)

Best regards,

Rafal

Lol but some nervous people have that one eye is closed :blink:

Just kidding enjoy this master piece :)

Installationproblems

i have a problem with the installation. After a little bit more as an half, the installation break off with the following message:

hjdpower2009jun19001t.jpg

help me, pls !!! :o

What kind of file-system do you use? NTFS? FAT32?

Of course (I read it in your Eulen-VA-forum) you tried it more than one times, correct? At different locations on your hard drive?

Ciao,

Rainer.

What kind of file-system do you use? NTFS? FAT32? FAT32

Of course (I read it in your Eulen-VA-forum) you tried it more than one times, correct? At different locations on your hard drive? yes...any times and in the rigth location, of course

Ciao,

Rainer.

Fat32? There are many files in this Texture-folder. Maybe that's the problem. Any chance to install (only as a test) in a NTFS-volume?

BTW: Are there any other customers outside reading this who have already installed MalleX with FAT32 and without any problems?

Ciao,

Rainer.

Yeah.....i have on my second PC NTFS. I try an installation on this PC, tommorow...(ich melde mich dann wieder ;-) )

PS: but VOZ (Australia) is also big and this Scenery was no problem :(

Harddisk from FAT32 to NTFS konvertiert and everything is ok ! :D

Hi,

I want to tell you how much I'm enjoying Mallorca X in FS2004. I hope the sales-figures are good, and motivate and inspirate you guys to continue creating this kind of great sceneries for both FS2004 and FSX!

Kind regards,

Erik Brouwer, the Netherlands

Please split the download for the FSX version to more parts. Its too much for me to download 1.9gigs (1 of 2 parts) at once. I always get a download error.

Same here.. Then i downloaded files with Free download manager, when i start installing and run the setup its working but when installing is at the middle, and i have to open data3.cab file it says: C:\Users\Mikko\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI01.807\data3.cab The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. Im downloaded files twice, but its not working.

I want to get it working, because i pay it..

Please help me :huh: Sorry for my bad english..

• Upvote 1

I will try my best to be patient. :blink::unsure:

I will at least have Lisbon, and Insbruck to keep me entertained along with KFLL.

So much for that. Purchased two nights ago and am enjoying.

Great work, keeps getting better and better.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if im talking about the same thing as the first post, but the traffic light locking things at the entrance to the runway change colour depending on which angle you look at them. Usally red but when you look at a different angle it changes to green. Which leads me to my next point, are they actually suppose to change?

Same here.. Then i downloaded files with Free download manager, when i start installing and run the setup its working but when installing is at the middle, and i have to open data3.cab file it says: C:\Users\Mikko\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI01.807\data3.cab The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. Im downloaded files twice, but its not working.

I am also stumped with this! After the first part of the installer runs,a box appears saying,

"Setup Needs The Next Disk" "Please Insert Disk 2 That Contains The File Data3.Cab." The path then presented is the same as Mikko's.

"C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI01.807\data3.cab The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."

Could someone please explain how to finnish of installing the scenery.

Many Thanks

Paul.

I am also stumped with this! After the first part of the installer runs,a box appears saying,

"Setup Needs The Next Disk" "Please Insert Disk 2 That Contains The File Data3.Cab." The path then presented is the same as Mikko's.

"C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI01.807\data3.cab The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."

Could someone please explain how to finnish of installing the scenery.

Many Thanks

Paul.

Is there anyone who could advise how to complete the installation of this

scenery?

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Ansolutely stunning (though took long enough to download) But none of my WOAI traffic is appearing in FSX.. Any ideas?

Did you switch of the Aircraft shadows? It's a old known issue with old AI Modeles like WOAI.