Released Mallorca X

• Aerosoft

Mallorca X is a new scenery created by SimWings for Aerosoft. It covers the island of Mallorca with high detail mesh and textures (in the FSX version down to 50 cm pixels!). Both airports Son Bonet (LESP) and Palma (LEPA) are included in great detail. Both airport have advanced dynamic traffic using AES Lite and of course they are included with the latest version of AES 2.02. This product will later be bundled with scenery covering the other Belearic islands and released in box.

Check out more details on the products page

mallorcaxFSX_12.jpg

mallorcaxFSX_13.jpg

mallorcaxFSX_15.jpg

mallorcaxFSX_10.jpg

mallorcaxFS2004_5.jpg

mallorcaxFSX_5.jpg

Finally :) ... my first impressions: absolutely great addon ... extremely authentic airport, nice surroundings (in detail not comparable to FT`s St. Maarten) and very nice animated car traffic in the approach area ... especially at night - very atmospheric. I`m sure, this one will be a best - seller ... it has to !!

Two little issues to criticise so far: some flickering lights at the apron (might be related to my graphic card) and the strange blue colour of some mountains in the northeast of the island ... but that´s all only minor stuff ...

• Aerosoft
Finally :) ... my first impressions: absolutely great addon ... extremely authentic airport, nice surroundings (in detail not comparable to FT`s St. Maarten) and very nice animated car traffic in the approach area ... especially at night - very atmospheric. I`m sure, this one will be a best - seller ... it has to !!

Two little issues to criticise so far: some flickering lights at the apron (might be related to my graphic card) and the strange blue colour of some mountains in the northeast of the island ... but that´s all only minor stuff ...

Send me a screenshot at support@aerosoft.com, we'll have a look.

Thanks for the kind words, we'll be sure that our friends at SimWings get to hear about it.

Mallorca X is a new scenery created by SimWings for Aerosoft. It covers the island of Mallorca with high detail mesh and textures (in the FSX version down to 50 cm pixels!). Both airports Son Bonet (LESP) and Palma (LEPA) are included in great detail. Both airport have advanced dynamic traffic using AES Lite and of course they are included with the latest version of AES 2.02. This product will later be bundled with scenery covering the other Belearic islands and released in box.

Will the download version also be updated to include the other Beleaic islands also??

Bill M

Hey Bill, I think these will be a separate product. When that is available the two of them will be bundled for the boxed release.

So the other Islands will be sold as a separate download ??

Bill M

Sounds right to me but I will ask.

I will try my best to be patient. :blink::unsure:

I will at least have Lisbon, and Insbruck to keep me entertained along with KFLL.

Aerosoft bandwidth/servers must be tapped out because the bandwidth I'm getting on the download is sad. Not to sure if Aerosoft has the bandwidth to host 1.7 and 1.9GB files to the customer base. I'm on a 22mbps connection and at most getting 140Kb and average of about 80Kb, so 10+ hours for this. Maybe time to step to a better bandwidth package or get a outside host to help when first releasing products so people do not have to leave there computer running for hours and hours just to get 2.6GB. So I guess I bought this today and the download will be done tomorrow, if I don't give up and just try again when bandwidth is available. :(

• Developer

Sorry, but what did you expect. A good product will be downloaded often in the first hours. You can have a TB line, will not fit to the requests.

Sorry, but what did you expect. A good product will be downloaded often in the first hours. You can have a TB line, will not fit to the requests.

Well most Aerosoft products are not 2.6GB. Most are not even 500MB and only few get over that. What did I expect? Faster speed then dial-up And not to let my computer hardware just run for 10+ hours for a add-on (I guess I have no option do to just do that). I just know places like FlightSimStore have upped bandwidth when they knew they were going to be hosting more then they usually do and hosting single files that are huge. Example REX, over 4GB download and the first released far more people purchased that, then this product and after they saw the need for more bandwidth that got while they needed and even with thousands of people downloading a 4GB file were still able to hold a download rate at witch most would call normal after buying something.

Again what do I expect. To have a normal download rate for a customer after investing $30 US for this product and on top of no telling how much other money I have invested with Aerosoft for FS.

Oh and still looks like my download will be until tomorrow and from the African Adventures forum that may be released tomorrow witch will further clog Aerosoft's bandwidth and add more connections to a network already working overtime to host files. Just hope I can get this done download before I have to start that download.

Thanks for the sorry, but to ask what we expected is dumb when the first post stated the problem pretty well witch led to our expiation's that at most for 2.6GB a few hours not 10+ hours. What did Aerosoft expect? For bandwidth to remain healthy and users get a normal download rate.

My comment was more to suggestion that maybe Aerosoft bandwidth does not mean the customer base needs sometime when hosting HUGE/many files.

What if we have the older CD version Baleric Islands installed? Will this new installer find it and remove the old scenery or am I on my own to do this?

Maybe some instructions or advice as I would love to get this newer add on with out losing the other two islands.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I could not find this info.

:blush:

What if we have the older CD version Baleric Islands installed? Will this new installer find it and remove the old scenery or am I on my own to do this?

Maybe some instructions or advice as I would love to get this newer add on with out losing the other two islands.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I could not find this info.

:blush:

Hey Altsiff,

I had the same question and by chance I found the manual pdf on the product page. Anyway, it is supposed to take care of the older scenery during installation and there are instructions in the manual on what to do if it doesn’t. ;)

Hope this helps! :)

Chris I feel like I owe you a beer. Twice now you answered my questions :blush:

Thanks man..

No problem, I was just in the right place at the right time with the right information.

Hope you enjoy Mallorca! I’m going to download it right now and I can’t wait to get it installed!

It is really awesome. And even gave me my two AES credits back to use on the new version (costing me only 1 ).

I love the car traffic (like in the GAP series), it really brings the scenery to life.

I would like to thank Thorsten, Rainer, Oliver and all the responsible people whose names I don't know for bringing Mallorca to FS9.

I made a FRA-PMI flight this morning (see below) and I must say it's one brilliant addon! I like it very much. One of Simwing's best so far.

Not only the airport and the animated traffic, but also the island's mesh and photo ground textures (with autogen) add so much realism.

Not to mention all the city buildings and roads seen on approach. That's how I like it most!

I'll be a frequent flying visitor in Mallorca now, both offline and on VATSIM.

Thanks again,

Rafal

Palma_resize.jpg

I would like to thank Thorsten, Rainer, Oliver and all the responsible people whose names I don't know for bringing Mallorca to FS9.

I made a FRA-PMI flight this morning (see below) and I must say it's one brilliant addon! I like it very much. One of Simwing's best so far.

Not only the airport and the animated traffic, but also the island's mesh and photo ground textures (with autogen) add so much realism.

Not to mention all the city buildings and roads seen on approach. That's how I like it most!

I'll be a frequent flying visitor in Mallorca now, both offline and on VATSIM.

Thanks again,

Rafal

Yep I agree but in FSX it's just stunning :) that's why there is the difference between 250 mb > 4 gb :excl:

I am absolutely convinced it is also stunning in FS9. ;)

I`m absolutely sure, it is ... :) ...

One question to the developers ... the water at the northern coastline is partly running up the cliffs ... is this related to my max_vertex_level =21 ?