Dino's T-45C Goshawk version 1.85 & Javier Fernandez's Nimitz carrier released

JamesChams

Hi James,

thank you very much for your advice. All works fine :D . But how can I install the tailhook on the F16A? I see nothing and I've tried to land on the carrier several times but nothing happens. Everytime go around. I insert your AI Carrier configuration in the cfg file. Thx in advance for your help.

...But how can I install the tailhook on the F16A? I see nothing and I've tried to land on the carrier several times but nothing happens. Everytime go around. I insert your AI Carrier configuration in the cfg file. Thx in advance for your help.

Mr. Dave,

from the Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.4 by James F. Chams.

*************************************** Aerosoft Aircraft: ***************************************************

F-16 Falcon

-----------

Modify these "Aircraft.Cfg" File(s) with the statements below for each Model folder:

...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16A 9\Aircraft.Cfg

...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16 .... etc. (21 or so folders).

// Modified by James F. Chams @2009.

// =================================

[TAILHOOK]

tailhook_length				= 4

tailhook_position 			= -13.37, 0.00, -2.00  // -15.0, 0.0, -1.0      

cable_force_adjust 			= 1.0

// Added by James F. Chams @2009.

// ==============================

[LAUNCH_ASSISTANCE]

launch_bar_pivot			= 7.30,   0.00, -3.77

launch_bar_lug				= 9.00,   0.00, -4.95

************************************************************************************************************

you will need to install that in each and every F-16 models "aircraft.cfg" file (that you wish to have this feature in) and make sure that there is NO duplicate versions inside those files; in other words you CANNOT have two sections named [TAILHOOK] in The "aircraft.cfg" file. If you do then, that would cause FSX NOT to enable/allow the arresting (trapping) of the aircraft. However, please make sure of these two things are correct and try it again. Then, please report back, if you still have that issue.

Also, I highly recommend that you upgrade to the F-16 Update/Patch v1.20 before making these changes, but they will work in all earlier versions as well.

Good Luck! :)

Hello James,

thx for your long breath ;) . I've inserted your modifacation the first time but i forgot the "[" in the tailhook section. This was the mistake. All running very well. Thumbs up James.

Now, I will have my beauty sleep B) .

best regards

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the carrier, but i don´t know how get Airborne with the catapults!

Can you help me? Thank you! :)

Mr. 112.3 MUN,

Try this...

1. Position your Aircraft on the Catapult Launch.

2. Press [ SHIFT + I ] to arm the Catapult and raise the Blast Shield.

3. Press [ SHIFT + Spacebar ] to launch the aircraft with the Catapult.

4. Now trying Landing and do it all over again.

NOTE: if your Aircraft doesn't seem to want to ARM the catapult or trap/recover it, then please look at my Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.4 by James F. Chams to see if it is on the list; If it isn't then please choose another that is and post your Aircraft that isn't and if I can get a hold of it, I'll add a configuration fix for it to the next update of this file.

Now go and Enjoy yourself! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Guys I have added Javiers incredible looking carriers to my FSX, however I can't get the catapult to work.

Does it not work with any aircraft?

I was trying to use the freeware Sabre.

How do I get it to work?? Many thanks

Rich