Dino's T-45C Goshawk version 1.85 & Javier Fernandez's Nimitz carrier released

JamesChams

They are truly fantastic. For me Dino's T-45C was always the most realistically looking freeware out there and now we have a proper carrier in the same quality. FSX finally becomes unbeatable with all the high quality stuff released recently.

post-12108-1245350923_thumb.jpg

post-12108-1245350976_thumb.jpg

post-12108-1245351034_thumb.jpg

They are truly fantastic. For me Dino's T-45C was always the most realistically looking freeware out there and now we have a proper carrier in the same quality. FSX finally becomes unbeatable with all the high quality stuff released recently.
Yes, I completely agree, FSX is coming into its own this year ... and, nice screenshots! :D

PS: Is that FLIR Visor available for download yet or is it still in BETA testing?

• Upvote 2

Updated 8/7/09

Gents/ Ladies,

I've compiled Launch/Recovery information on several Addons for use on these carriers: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.4 by James F. Chams

Or, you can read the full post here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...p;postcount=354

Enjoy & let do me know if you have any issues... :)

AC2a.jpg

UPDATE 7/01/09:

Gents,

I've made a minor update to the Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.1 to include the T-45C which has a misaligned Tailhook and is now fixed.

DOWNLOAD HERE: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.1 by James F. Chams

BEFORE FIX

T-45C_B4_fix.jpg

AFTER FIX

T-45C_AFTR_fix.jpg

Enjoy! :)

PS:

Mr. frkaipanika,

I'm glad your enjoying the whole Naval experience. ;)

I have changed CFG for my IRIS Tomcat (new edition) as stated above...but i can not hook up the catapult for launch?? :huh:

It works fine with default FSX ACC carrier ... but not for Nimitz

I have changed CFG for my IRIS Tomcat (new edition) as stated above...but i can not hook up the catapult for launch?? :huh:

It works fine with default FSX ACC carrier ... but not for Nimitz

Mr. frkaipanika,

There are two F-14 versions from IRIS. The following update contains both configurations. Please make sure that you've got the correct one installed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE 7/02/09:

Gents,

I've made a major update this time to the Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.2 to include the Dino Cattaneo's T-45C v1.85 from v1.1 as well as AlphaSim's Tornado F.3 & F-105D Thunderchief, Iris F-14A/B (Premium Series/Pro Series), F-4 (RAF & RN), F-15C/E, & EAP (All Varients).

DOWNLOAD HERE: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.2 by James F. Chams

AC5.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Mr. frkaipanika,

It is working great now! As you can see on video

Very nice video! Its good to see people having fun with this. :D

===========================================

Here are some more updates...

2nd UPDATE: 7/2/09

Well, in investigating the tailhook locations issues for the Acceleration F/A-18A, CaptainSim's F/A-18D & F-117A, I found that Microsoft got their Acceleration F/A-18 dead-on accurate in all its settings. However, CaptainSim's F/A-18D's tailhook was misaligned (and I've now fixed it) and both their Launch Bar location are correctly forward but NOT dead-on accurate to their locations; they do, however, work as intended.

So, I posted another new fix here: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.3 by James F. Chams

Acceleration F/A-18A (Correcting settings)

AC7.jpg

CaptainSim F/A-18D (settings off)

AC6.jpg

CaptainSim F/A-18D (settings Tailhook Fixed)

AC6a.jpg

CaptainSim F-117A (settings somewhat correct)

AC8.jpg

Enjoy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another Great Video Mr. frkaipanika! B)

... and, if you would take my advise, watch how Naval Aviators clear the aircraft after landing (raise tailhook, fold wings, etc.) before they begin taxiing. You do that it will add a lot more realism. ;)

Look forward to your next one... ;)

Gents/ Ladies,

I've compiled Launch/Recovery information on several Addons for use on these carriers: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.0 by James F. Chams

Or, you can read the full post here: http://www.sim-outho...p;postcount=354

Enjoy & let do me know if you have any issues... smile.gif

AC2a.jpg

Hey James,

Where can I get the F-16N repaint?? cool.gif

Thanks,

Mark

...Where can I get the F-16N repaint??
Mr. Mark "Shark,"

Its included with the v1.20 update; you can download (and install) it from the FAQ's / Updates section HERE. Then, look in FSX Aircraft Menu (make sure you have the "Show all varients" checkbox checked) for the varient "US Navy, 55, NSAWC, NAS Fallon."

Good Luck! :)

PS: You'll have to install my tailhook updates if you don't have them; they're here: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.3 by James F. Chams

...I need an advice , how to install the cvn_68_69.cfg in which folder?
Mr. Dave,

The file goes into the "...\AICarrier\conf.d" folder. In my system that happens to be "C:\Program Files (x86)\AICarriers\conf.d"

Hello James,

thx for info. It working great. Regarding the updates of the Nimitz, I've to install step by step or install the last one?

regards Dave

...Regarding the updates of the Nimitz, I've to install step by step or install the last one?
Mr. Dave,

Install these in this order:

1. Javier Fernandez's Nimitz and Eisenhower nuclear carriers.

2. Click Here for UPDATE: AI & USS Carrier Missing Sounds Fix.

3. Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.3 by James F. Chams.