AES 2.02 now available

• Developer

AES 2.02 is now available for Download

You find the link to the Installers as allways on the AES 2.02 Productpage

Primary we have added more Airports for the FSX Version, you find the new list HERE

Small Note for KJFK in FSX: The fixed Jetways (those which don't turn) at the C-Gates, could not be animated in FSX, because they are part of the scenery object and AES could not exclude them yet.

But there are also new Airports for FS2004: If you want to use the new releases (next days) of Palma de Mallorca (LEPA) or Innsbruck (LOWI), you can find the support here in AES 2.02.

We also include all fixes for the known issus of AES 2.01.

But we also have something new for all Sims: There are two new Busses servicing the De-/Boarding. One special for spanisch Airports (LExx) and one for the rest of world (replace the segment bus, which is now only used in germany).

Here some screens of the new Types (created by Rainer Duda):

post-77-1245172276_thumb.jpg

post-77-1245172298_thumb.jpg

Mr. Oliver Pabst,

This product is amazing! B) And, Thank you for keeping it updated. I have just installed the latest v2.02 with the "NEWER" AESHelp for ImagineSim Airports. I do have a few quick questions/requests that I need your help with.

1. Does the initial purchase come with 10 Credits? As, I will need to buy at least (x3) 15-Credit Packs for my current Airport list. This may go up after my next bulk order to at least (x4) 15 Credit Packs and I want to be sure that I have enough and get the appropriate FREE credits too.

2. Please finish Cloud9's Bergan (ENBR) as soon as you can.

3. I tried using CaptainSim's 727 with AES and am have trouble lining up the Catering trucks; Could you please assist me? (I figured out the Marshaller, Jetways and baggage loaders but, I'm stuck with alinging the Catering Trucks).

Here is what happens... :blush:

post-13668-1245177074_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1245177086_thumb.jpg

Thank you, in advance, for all your help and an outstanding Addon! :DB)

• Developer
1. Does the initial purchase come with 10 Credits? As, I will need to buy at least (x3) 15-Credit Packs for my current Airport list. This may go up after my next bulk order to at least (x4) 15 Credit Packs and I want to be sure that I have enough and get the appropriate FREE credits too.

When you purchase a AES Creditpack (one order) you get allways one Serialnumber represents 10 Credits. Thats the same if you buy one or ten, you get one or ten Serialnumbers. So you have x * 10 Credits as base.

But with the Bonus system, you get additational credits for every Serialnumber, when you get over the next Bonuslimit.

So when you buy 3 SN's, you get 30 credits by the SNs itself, plus 3 credits from the Bonussystem.

More infos you find on the productpage and in the manual.

2. Please finish Cloud9's Bergan (ENBR) as soon as you can.

I do my best, but it's not so easy, because the I need to replace parts of the scenery, because the jetways are not seperated there. I don't know if it works as in the FS9 version. So Bergen is still cirtical.

3. I tried using CaptainSim's 727 with AES and am have trouble lining up the Catering trucks; Could you please assist me? (I figured out the Marshaller, Jetways and baggage loaders but, I'm stuck with alinging the Catering Trucks).

The 727 is not a "standard" aircraft, so not so easy to configure.

But, keep in mind, that the Catering is allways using the active passenger door of the left side, only moving to the opposit side.

I think the best is (as for Fokkers 70/100 or MDs), to activate the front door and position it correct, deactivate door 2 and 3 (before and behind wing) and activate the backdoor, place it samewhere behind the aircraft, but with a grounddelta near to 0 (10 cm for example). This will give you a Bus for the passengers here, the cleaning will use this door, but no stair and no catering will use this backdoor.

• Developer
i wish aes adds gaza int. airport for fs2004

One post more with this request and I will never ever think about it. :mad:

Hello Oliver !

You will forgive me once more for bothiering with this request ...

I can understand that you may be unwilling to take a more perceivable part in your masterpiece, by recording with your personal voice the AES Marshaller for all German airports ... though it would be exciting to hear you with us on the aprons ...

(remember when the old master painters did portrait themselves in some of the minor characters of a painting ... ?)

... but can't you PLEASE ask ANYONE at Aerosoft to PLEASE record their voice for this

W O N D E R F U L

product of yours ?

B)

Thanks in advance,

Eugenio.

Hello Oliver !

If you're looking around for good airport addons, there is one which still deserves your final "piece of candy", I guess with very very little effort on your part: Lago's Reggio Calabria, LICR, the italian Kai Tak.

It has no fingers, only parking positions, and a limited number of them, being a small apron.

Fellow simmers might be interested in knowing that the approach to runway 33, partly instrumental, partly visual, with a final left turn at very low height, requires additional training and specific qualification for airline pilots.

If you haven't flown it yet, give it a try: it provides a good challenge, just like the Kai Tak, or Samos, or Madeira ...

I've seen it only a few weeks ago, visiting a simmer friend.

Happy landings and always three greens !

• Aerosoft
I think Lago went out of business...

In all aspects yes. Unfortunately they have not removed the sale sections of the site and there are still people that buy products that are not updated and not supported. I try to help these people for the products that I was involved with of course. You can always find me on support@aerosoft.com for these things.

Oliver,

Could you explain, why FSX default airports won't get AES support (except for Nuernberg). Is there a tecnical problem, or doesn't Micosoft allow it. Being Dutch, and knowing EHAM is a main airport, I really should be glad if the default EHAM should get AES support.

Henk

Well, luckily enough, there seems to be one other (and it's freeware) excellent alternative to Lago's LICR, and it is presented here:

http://fafylela.altervista.org/index1.html

It is a over 50+ Mb download of scenery, suitable for both IFR and VFR lovers.

I discovered it after reading here about Lago going substantially out of business.

I could try to get in touch with the developers, but it would help me to know that Oliver would consider to provide AES features for this nice airport, given the sufficient quality of the design, and the interest it can raise among simmers ...

The challenging approach to rwy 33 that make LICR called the "italian Kai Tak" could be one good reason, the other being that there's a very little job to do to add AES facilities, here.

Regards,

Eugenio.

• Developer
Have you some notice?

There are 3 busses for Spain, assigned by random. So you will see it sometimes.

Hello Oliver !

What's your judgement about the freeware alternative to LAGO's LICR (see few posts above) ?

If you find it worth AESsing, I'll get in touch with the developers ...

regards,

Eugenio.

• Developer

I never comment Airport request, not here, not in the Airport Request Thread. When I start that, I will have no time to create them.

But I will take care about, when I have the time to check it, I will see, if it is possible or not. As long I don't post that it is not possible, you need to wait until it is on the supported list.