Piper Cheyenne V2.0

windycloud

Apparently, the package is to be created at Aerosoft for distribution...

According to Hans in the DA forum, anyway...

"Re: Beta patch for Aerosoft d/l

Postby Hans Hartmann ยป Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Some time next week. I have to send the service pack to Aerosoft to create an installer on Monday. I don't know if the guy doing the installers has time to work in it immediately so I can't tell you when the actual release will happen."

Andrew

I purchesed the Cheyenne on DVD from Aerosoft in December 2008, do I need to download an update now? Many thanks for this excellent aircraft.....

Not worth downloading anything until the V2.0 update comes out. Don't know what's going on, but one company "says" it's forwarded the files, and the other company involved in this aircraft, says they have to check to see what's happening.

I guess we just wait. Three years aint too long really is it? You would think this plane would be perfect by now? Nope, not yet!

Hans Hartmann has left a post over on the forum at digital-aviation.de indicating that the V2.0 updates are with Aerosoft and should be released in the coming week as all issues have been cleared...

We should all be in possession of V2.0 by the end of the coming week...

Hoping... :D

Andrew

This was to be released on the DA hompage today:

"Finally! Aerosoft just released the Cheyenne Update to their customers. Customers at Simmarket will follow shortly. There will be no updates, only full versions, so please uninstall the Cheyenne from your PC, get the new version via your Aerosoft/Simmarket account and do a fresh installation."

Still no update available in the Aerosoft update section yet. Must be a matter of minutes, right??? :unsure:

• Aerosoft

Okay, the idiot manager will do it, lol.... If you check your Order History page at moment you will see new download versions for FSX and FS2004. Remove the previous version before installing this complete new version (so there is no update, only a full new version).

New:

Gauges

- GPS causes a CTD at first section of a DME Arc leg

- GPS causes a CTD when selecting FPL after a "direct to" was selected on WPT page

- GPS causes a CTD when selecting a SID (runway) on the WPT page

- More GPS CTRS

- DME Arc drawing routine fixed

- Wrong drift angle indication on NAV page fixed

- Wrong NM per gallon calculation fixed

- Direct-To functionality fixed

- Hold inbound course selection fixed

- Missing decimal on fuel used display fixed

- Sound volumes save error fixed

- Heading bug can now be controlled by key commands KEY_HEADING_BUG_DEC and KEY_HEADING_BUG_INC (see gauges.h in FS SDK)

- Altitude arm can now be controlled by key command KEY_AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD (see gauges.h in FS SDK)

- Selected altitude can now be controlled by key commands KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_INC and KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_DEC (see gauges.h in FS SDK)

- Turning heading bug on co-pilot HSI does no longer change GPS course

- GPS CDI switching to Approach Mode before passing initial waypoint

- Joining of legs in procedures fixed

- One additional issue with intercepting a direct to course fixed

- KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_DEC and KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_INC events for the autopilot pitch control (see gauges.h in FS SDK)

- Fixed a bug which could cause the Trimble to CTD when a SID/STAR/Approach with only one waypoint was selected

- Removed daylight check for night lighting (night lighting can be used at all times now)

- Fixed a problem with multiple identical waypoints in the flight plan (like EDDF - GED - GED - GED - EDDE)

- Added "UseTrimble" configuration switch. See below for details.

- Magnetic variation data is now read directly from Flight Simulator's magdec.bgl file

- Fixed CDI indication on direct-to legs

- Fixed dome and cabin lighting

Model

- IIXL: AP Warning and Free Gyro annunciators order corrected

- Taxi/Landing Lights exchanged on exterior model (FS9 only)

These things will not be fixed. (reasons in brackets)

- GPU visible in multiplayer mode (would require a major rework of the model which is currently not possible)

- Pressing Shift+L turns on the landing light (this happens with a delay and I still don't know why. Please use the light switch instead if you want to avoid the problem)

"UseTrimble" switch

Some users requested this feature in order to put something more modern into the Cheyenne cockpit, so we introduced the UseTrimble switch in PA31.cfg

Here's what it does:

UseTrimble=1: The Cheyenne uses the Trimble and the GPS/NAV switch works as usual

UseTrimble=0: The Cheyenne uses the default GPS, the GPS/NAV switch works as in the FS default aircraft and the Trimble knobs in VC are hidden.

This allows you to replace the Trimble with something else.

Please note that we still don't support any third party solution so please don't ask for our help when modifying panel.cfg.

Hi,

I've purchased The CD version of Cheyenne and I've also registered it into my account but I can't find the way to update to version 4.0.What can I do?

Thanks,

Daniele

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I've purchased The CD version of Cheyenne and I've also registered it into my account but I can't find the way to update to version 4.0.What can I do?

Thanks,

Daniele

Got to check that tomorrow, almost 19:00 here now and it's 31 degrees in my office. But we won't forget.

I'd like to add that I've got a copy of the Cheyenne Boxed, bought from another reseller. Will we be offered the update from Aerosoft or from the reseller we bought the product from?

Mathijs,

just downloading! Thanks a lot from another idiot manager (although I got AC in my office :blush: ) and take your rest to cool down for another fantastic aerosoft day!

:lol:

Christian

Hello!

Of course I have registered my boxed PiperCheyenneX at the Aerosoft support.

The CD says FSX: V101 (SP1), but for me there's also no update available at the Aerosoft-Support...

THX,

Joerg

• Aerosoft

Oops, there was a file missing from this new version (being updated now of course). You will find the missing files here: http://www.digital-aviation.de/files/pa31t/TCAS2v7.zip . Place these files in the main folder of FS2004 / FSX. So that the folder where the main exe is located. Sorry for the problem.