Taxi out of water?

vgbaron

I know the Goose, IRL, can taxi on to the beach with no problems. Ditto in FSX. Can the Cat do the same IRL? I've tried in FSX but 4 out of 5 times she will bounce high enough into the air to cause a crash coming down. Last time was successful but she tipped nose down into the beach. And I'm talking about relatively smooth beaches that the Goose has no problem with.

Love the a/c though!!!

Vic

I haven't tried it yet, but for a huge bird like that you probably need a ramp to get out of the water properly. Some so called Slip Dock sceneries can be found at the usual sites (flightsim.com etc.)

The Cat has it´s CG point balanced close to the main wheels, so there is a high chance that it will sit on it´s tail when trying to beach it.

You can try to add more weight to the front load stations and make the pilots "fatter".

Otherwise it should work.

Finn

I have found that if I let it beach on its belly and come to a complete stop, then I can lower the gear to raise it up and taxi on the beach with no bounce. It is interesting how far up the beach it will travel with no power.