New ILS freq. in EDDF

IngoKe

Hi,

since a couple of days the ILS freq. for RW25R has changed to 111.55. When flying online with IVAO using the newest AIRAC cycle by Navigraph (0609) leads to problems, because the ILS freq. of the EDDF scenery is still the old one (109.5). Can we change the ILS freq for the EDDF runways ourselves or must we wait for an update?

Thx.

Ingo

Hi Shaun,

I tried to work with that program. I'm afraid that you can only change settings of the default airports. Or am I doing something wrong?

Ingo

Hi Shaun,

changing ILS frequencies isn´t as easy as I thought it would be. I bought AFX from Flight1, because I figured it would come in handy to own a program such as this one.

I spent all day trying to change the ILS frequency of RW25R of EDDF, but it didn´t work. The strange thing is, that I can change the AFCAD files, so that the ILS frequency 111.55 is displayed in the active and stock AFCAD file, but when I load FSX and try to tune in the ILS signal, it will only accept the old frequency. I even created a new AFCAD file and placed it in the FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder without success.

I read in different forums that you also need the SDK of FSX to change frequencies. I have never worked with the SDK and I don´t really intend to either.

It would be great if the folks over at Aerosoft would program a short patch for non-techies like me with an easy-to-use installer. I was willing to fix the problem on my own, but after four hours of fiddling around with various files, I want to fly again. For an expert at this it will probably not even take him or her more than five minutes to build the files we need. I´d really appreciate an update.

Thx.

Ingo

Hello Ingo,

Open the airport AFACD in AFX.

Then go to the top toolbar and select, Lists/Navaids, then close it.

You should now see all the navaids on the screen.

Go to the correct ILS arrow and select it so it turns orange and then right click and select Properties, you can then change the ILS frequency there.

Hello Shaun,

believe or not, that´s exactly what I did. Four AFCAD files show up for EDDF. The one with the highest priority is the Aerosoft scenery. I changed the ILS freq. the way you described without success. Like I mentioned previously, in FSX the old frequency remains to be active. I don´t get it.....

Ingo

Hi, it´s me again.

I made it!! Here´s what I had to do:

-created new AFCAD file with modified ILS frequency

-renamed it to BR2_EDDF.bgl

-renamed original BR2_EDDF.bgl in the FSX/Aerosoft/Afd/Scenery folder

-copied new AFCAD file into the mentioned folder

Now it works!

Man, that took me quite some time to figure that out....

Ingo

Hello,

There's something very strange about this new frequency because at the latest update of the Jeppesen EDDF charts the freq. of ILS rwy25R is still 109.50

Perhaps there has been made an error in the Airac cycle of Navigraph!

Otherwise i don't understand that real world charts are incorrect.

Ad

Hello,

I've done a little research about it.

According the charts of Jeppesen the new ILS freq. 111.55 of rwy25R at EDDF will become effective at 19 Jun.

Just my 2cents.

Ad

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this, but I have a related question:

I have successfully updated the 25R ILS frequency to that in the new AIRACs, using AFX for both Mega Airport EDDF in FS9 and X. I have a new issue, namely no DME...

Anyone know of a way to update the DME so I can receive DME when I tune the new correct ILS frequency?

Andrew

EDIT: Sorry, just seen that FRD is the DME for 25R... stupid me for not reading the chart before posting...

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity.....

Why would an airport change an ILS frequency?

If it would interfere with another (ILS) freq it would have done already a long time,

so I guess that can't be the reason.

maybe to force pilots to buy latest charts.... :P

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig this one up but it's the only thread I found close enough to the information I am looking for.

Can anyone confirm that the actual 1.04 version of MA Frankfurt has the correct ILS frequenties for rwy 25R according to the latest AIRAC cycle ?

thanks a lot for any information about this.

Sorry to dig this one up but it's the only thread I found close enough to the information I am looking for.

Can anyone confirm that the actual 1.04 version of MA Frankfurt has the correct ILS frequenties for rwy 25R according to the latest AIRAC cycle ?

thanks a lot for any information about this.

I have 111.55 on mine but if you really need to keep up to date with AIRAC cycles etc might be best to invest in an AFCAD Utility like ADE or AFX as you can change them as and when you need to revise them.

All the ILSs at EDDF version 1.04 are correct in the current cycle.