Mega Airport Heathrow issues

hello,

I'm having problems with parking positions appearing on the taxiways in MA Heathrow, in both FSX and FS9. Here is the thread I started:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=25882

(See post 10 onwards).

I was told to post this here. Reason being, in addition to aircraft parking there, I'm also getting the AES marshallers appearing there too (after AES is installed of course). Without AES, the problem of aircraft parking there is still present however.

• Developer

AES is adapted to the release version of Heathrow and there was this Taxiways closed and used as Parkingpositions.

I will check, if there is an updated Afcad available now, then the Taxiways will be also opend in next AES Version.

• Developer

It is not a AES Problem, it's the question of the AFCAD of the scenery, AES is only fitting to that original version, so AES did the same as the scenery.

hello,

OK, thanks. But how then am I the only one to be experiencing these problems? MA is a commerical product, I'd have thought it'd have been noticed by now?

WRT the AFCAD, have you had any luck finding an updated one?

• Developer

It is no problem, it works as designed and no issue. Only that the real situation has changed since the release, thats it.

hello,

So how exactly can I go about resolving the issue (both with and without AES)?

From what I understand of your explanation, you the AES related material will be removed from those parking positions on the taxiways. However, this still leaves the problem that there is even a parking position there in the first place, as aircraft will park there (with or without AES).

Hello Number Six,

No you dont need to, what Oliver was saying is that in real life they used the closed taxiway as parking and he replicated this in AES.

Oliver will however update this so that he will reflect the real situation as it is now so the taxiway will have no parking positions, so you just need to sit tight and wait for the update when it arrives.

Ahhh, Ok. I understand now.

But to remove the parking positions, wouldn't it be an update to the scenery rather than the AES software? If it was only an AES update, the parking positions will still be there won't they? They just won't be AES enabled.

Ahhh, Ok. I understand now.

But to remove the parking positions, wouldn't it be an update to the scenery rather than the AES software? If it was only an AES update, the parking positions will still be there won't they? They just won't be AES enabled.

You could try using an AFCAD editor such as ADE (Freeware) or AFX (payware) to remove the unwanted parking positions

Jon

Can someone please give me an answer on whether or not the scenery will receive an update to remove the parking positions?

I have no experience whatsoever with AFCAD editors, I have no idea what it entails...

You could try using an AFCAD editor such as ADE (Freeware) or AFX (payware) to remove the unwanted parking positions

Jon

Which i've done and I still get the marshaller on Taxiway B.

Guess we'll just have to wait for an update or just live with it.