AES, FSX and Windows7RC

Hello to everyone,

I run FSX under Windows7RC.

Yesterday, I installed AES for FSX (AES_V2_Beta2.exe), and after unlocking all accesible airports with my credits, started at Dreamteam's Zuerich with the Wilco Airbus2. I got the notice: Your plane is not configured for AES, press F10 to.... So far, so good. AES did indeed recognise that the plane was not configured and Zuerich was activated for use with AES. So I switched FSX in the windowed mode, started AEShelp and clicked the `Set aircraft parameters`button. Then I got the following message: AES Config does not fit to the running FS Version: 0. Anyhow, there seemed to be no connection between AES and FSX

Could anyone please help me with this.

Thanks in advance

Henk Altena

• Developer

Can you please unzip the attached file into the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES Directory and replace the old version.

Then try it again and give me feedback asap.

Thanks for the help Oliver.

I replaced the AESConfig.exe, with the file, you sent to me. However, it does not bring the solution (got a message to trust the config.exe file, which I answered with Yes). While running FSX and starting AESConfig.exe or AEShelp, I still get the message as mentioned in my first topic. Anyway, I stay disconnected. If it has something to do with Win7RC, perhaps Matthijs could give a tip for this (he runs FSX under Win7 too).

Anyway, there is something with the UAC which is different in Win7 and Vista. In Vista, you can switch UAC off, while in Win7, you can change UAC from high protection to low protection. However you can't switch it off complete.

Henk

• Developer
Sorry Oliver. but I still get no connection.

Henk

But the AESConfig say FSX in the upper right corner? And the Version return is still = 0?

Indeed FSX is in the top right corner in both AESConfig and AESHelp. I still get this" Version return:0" error message after which the red Disconnect changes into a yellow coloured Disconnect.

Henk

Indeed FSX is in the top right corner in both AESConfig and AESHelp. I still get this" Version return:0" error message after which the red Disconnect changes into a yellow coloured Disconnect.

Henk

Hi,

I've just tried a similar config but at LFPG with an Airbus A340-300 CFM from the Wilco Airbus 2 with latest patch.

I am under windows 7 ultimate 64 with latest Olivers patch also and I configured this Airbus as I didn't before.

I didn't got the same problems as I could connect to aircraft parameters and configure it correctly.

I use a triplehead2go analog edition.

Sorry because I think it won't help but AES under this config is clear...

Marc

post-14973-1244129741_thumb.png

Hi Marc,

I'm very happy with your answer, because now I know anyway that's not Win7 that causes my problem.

I also don't think, it's my hardware that causes my problem. I must blame myself for doing something that's not correct.

May I ask you what you mean with Oliver's latest patch?

It was a long time ago, since I used AES for FS9, so maybe that's the problem. Therefore I tell you what exactly I have done trying to set the aircraft's parameters: First I start FSX and go to an airport, which is activated with AES credits. Then I switch FSX into windowed mode (Alt+ Enter keys). Then I open Explorer, go to the FSX\Aerosoft\AES directory and start AESConfig.exe. And then I get this bloody error message and can't proceed. I'm sorry, because I really don't understand.

By the way, I run the programs with administrator-rights.

Oliver, In the manual, I red that there are planes, that are already configured for AES. Can you tell me which airplanes (or a couple of them), so I can try out these planes.

Anyway thans for the feed-back so far and I really hope, there comes a solution.

Henk

• Developer

Can you try to start the AESConfig via AEShelp (second button).

When you say "Admin rights", did you mean your user as Adminrights or did you set the program to admin compatible mode (don't know if that is still in W7)

Can you try to start the AESConfig via AEShelp (second button).

When you say "Admin rights", did you mean your user as Adminrights or did you set the program to admin compatible mode (don't know if that is still in W7)

I do think that the problem is that you have to start AES before FSX.

For my config I put Admin mode in the compatibility mode as it still exist on W7 with few other usefull options.

It does work.

• Developer
I do think that the problem is that you have to start AES before FSX.

Definitiv NOT: First start FS, wait until Airport and AES is loaded there complet (AES Window can be opened), then start AESHelp and click the Config/Parameter Button.

Definitiv NOT: First start FS, wait until Airport and AES is loaded there complet (AES Window can be opened), then start AESHelp and click the Config/Parameter Button.

Sorry for that wrong post...

In fact it does work for me the both way but I did it wrong for years !

I know I 'll have to read the doc !

:blush:

Indeed, I changed those Administrator rights in the files. Since I run the German version of Win7RC, I have to say it in German. What I did was: I rightclicked the FSX.exe,AEShelp.exe and AESConfig.exe. In "Kompabilität", I activated the "Als Administrator ausführen".

There is however something more: While installing AES Basepack (latest update), I noticed that a program: VistamareCore was also installed. This was alsready installed, since I installed MA CharlesdeGaulleX (LFPG) from Aerosoft, so it was installed twice. I can see one entry in my dll.xml file where ViMaCoreX.dll is activated. However, in my FSX.cfg there are two entries for the ViMaCore.dll file, as you can see below. Could it be that those 2 entries interfere???

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.wwbhqwwzuhtweqrihwbkrbbbwnzebeqkhehaieww=1P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FlyLogic\SeasonFileSwitcher.exe.kcioehuktohatrzckoebqhqzotllrwibbtccizwe=1

L:\AFX\AFXModuleFSX.dll.erhealonhaabwclkiqnrlhakhzlhocaekrkwuzql=1

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FeelThere\B737\PIC737XH.dll.tltltbceukeqwiutczarwknriclabnllcbaallkq=1

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\FSMapDevice.GAU.aobkiucnwabahahzzhaukebwhcelhaurlhbeeqbk=2

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC A321\panel\A321CFM_feelThere.DLL.qqtqenealloabnwtkbibeeleawciubcwrtnlucac=2

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\A320NightPanel_feelThere.DLL.tiukrzanniutuzbwcblbkcwinulaonnnrwzzcuuu=2

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC A332GE\panel\A332GE_feelThere.DLL.qklekqoanhwwiqotcuaiteuauezrooqbhaeuiiuo=2

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\A330NightPanel_feelThere.DLL.ukloahkzqhhebuikbacolbtewarrbnqqzcwnawlt=2

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll.blhlchntwucwbchetlbnqrwebczzqnctooohturz=1

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Disposition\FollowMe.exe.lzqkuliwalqcirutabqoiicrquoqhebwowcotnhu=1

P:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.echcwtqnqhnwornkacnniutkbewnbniqkheehicz=1

Hi Oliver,

Everything works now, and it's great. There are several things, I did, don't ask me why. However, I beleive it's important to tell you what I did for (maybe) questions in the future. I don't know which of the changes did the job, but perhaps you can filter out the irrelevant things.

The following was carried out:

I started FSX and from the scenery libary, I deleted the entry AES Basepack. Then I closed FSX.

I made a back-up of my dll.xml file and my FSX.cfg file.

I deleted the Vistamare entry in my xml.dll file (perhaps there since installation of AS-MACharlesde Gaulle).

I deleted both entries of Vistamare in my FSX.cfg file (indeed under Trusted Software).

I deleted AES in the FSX\Aerosoft\ directory.

I then did a fresh install of the AES beta version.

From the properties of the FSX.exe, AESHelp.exe and AESConfog.exe, I disabled the "Als Administrator ausführen" feature (in fact I'm the only one running Win7RC and therefore Administrator).

Then I reactivated the Airports in AESHelp.

After a last check of the new dll.xml file, I started FSX, checked the scenery library for AES entry,went to Nurnberg and got the message (in transparent red now) that my aircraft was not configured. So I made a little prayer, started AESHelp, the aircraft parameters menubutton and got tears in my eyes, because I got connected and the parameter menu of the plane configuration showed up.

So everything is great!!! Thanks again very much Oliver and Influx. Oliver, I used AES for FS9 for a long time now and it's a great add-on for FSX.

Regards, Henk