FS Commander Weather Upload to FSX

KLM57

Hallo fellow simmers,

Now, that I am eventually able to download real weather into FSC (see the thread further below), it seems that weather issues continue to confuse me :unsure: .

I just cannot find out, how I get the downloaded weather into my FSX. Because I am using FSC together with Radar Contact 4.3 I always have conflicting weather data and subsequently strange situations.

What I know is, that Radar Contact uses the weather from FSX. But FSX gets its data for real weather from a different source, as FSC does. So the "default" FSX real weather is of no use. Therefore the solution should be, to save a flight plan, created in FSC together with its own weather data and use it in FSX. Then, Radar Contact should know, whether the sun shines, or snow is falling :lol: .

But I just cannot find out, how I get FSC weather data into my FSX, because it obviously does not use it despite having the flight-plan. Maybe I am making a stupid mistake, but I could not find an answer in the FSC manual or tutorial. Please, can somebody help me?

Many thanks, mikfun

Thank you Shawn,

That´s actually what I am doing, but I am not satisfied with this. I like the moving GPS-map of FSC and also its "weather-arrows" etc. But they are wrong, when I use real weather from FSX. At least Radar Contact gets the right data.

Anyway, I can live with it :D . Particularly because I already see the next serios "weather-issues" appearing on the horizon, because in the very near future I´ll purchase Real Environment Extreme 2 or Active Sky Advanced, both having a "weather-machine" :lol: .

Another solution would be, that I always fly in the sunshine :lol: .

Thanks again, mikfun

Hello Mikfun,

What weather does FSC use is it NOAA.

There are programs like FSMeteo that place real Wx into FS instead of the default FS real weather..

FSmeteo can use Its own servers with Wx updates and both Vatsim/IVAO wx too

Hello Mikfun,

What weather does FSC use is it NOAA.

There are programs like FSMeteo that place real Wx into FS instead of the default FS real weather..

FSmeteo can use Its own servers with Wx updates and both Vatsim/IVAO wx too

Uses NOAA.

Mikfun,

What happens when you just download and use the weather for FSX and "do not download FSC's"?

Thanks James,

The problem, is solved, if you want to call this a solution. In another forum (simFlight Networks Forum) I got a precise answer from Volker Heine (I believe, one of the developers of FSC):

"Hi mikfun,

FSCommander do NOT transfer any weather data into a flightplan or inti your flightsimulator.

Please study also the current manual.

Regards,

Volker"

Obviously real weather downloads in FSC are useless!!! I did not get an answer, claiming this fact in my response. I call it strange, when there is a feature, also used for marketing purposes, that has no function apart from drawing nice arrows on a map and providing useless data.

Cheers, mikfun

Thanks James,

The problem, is solved, if you want to call this a solution. In another forum (simFlight Networks Forum) I got a precise answer from Volker Heine (I believe, one of the developers of FSC):

"Hi mikfun,

FSCommander do NOT transfer any weather data into a flightplan or inti your flightsimulator.

Please study also the current manual.

Regards,

Volker"

Obviously real weather downloads in FSC are useless!!! I did not get an answer, claiming this fact in my response. I call it strange, when there is a feature, also used for marketing purposes, that has no function apart from drawing nice arrows on a map and providing useless data.

Cheers, mikfun

Hi mikfun,

Yep, the usual sort of response from them :) I've never been overly impressed by their support or responses to users, may well be a language barrier sort of thing :)

I tend to download the weather into FSC then log into VATSIM and it automatically inserts the weather into FSX. You can then compare the weather, which, most of the time is fairly accurate.