Aes 2.0 Pre-release

• Developer

Ok, lets start with AES 2.0.

We made the decision to do a „Pre-Release" here in the forum, before we bring out the „official Release" into the shops.

Why? AES is now well known in the FS2004 environment and so we can be safe, that there are no problems to be expected on that platform. But AES 2.0 is now also compatible with FSX and this environment is new, many different installations are outside in the community, so we can't say if all this combination could be checked in our Beta tests. So everybody, who is aware about this small risks and is willing to help us fix the last open issues (if there are one) is invited to start with AES 2.0 now. All others may wait for the official release, which we expect for the next week, as long as we don't get in trouble here this weekend.

Some info about the new features:

The configuration for Aircraft, Sounds and Timer is now split from AESHelp into a new tool calls AESConfig. AESHelp will call this tool automatically, when the buttons for the configuration are pressed. Only if you use Vista with UAC and the FS is in the default directory, you get the message to start AESConfig manually, so that it can run in the normal node and can communicate with the FS.

AESHelp does not make any connection to the FS, so if AEShelp is started to enter Credits are manage the Airports, the FS should not run. Only for AESConfig, you need to run the FS and place the aircraft on an active AES Airport.

In the FS, the most features are the same as in AES 1.99. Now the ground crew will knock at the door, when the jetways or stairs are in place and the doors can be opened. Also now is the feature, that you can not only open the AES Window with the key combination (default Ctrl-Shift-W), you also can close the window by pressing this combination. This is maybe helpful for users, how assign this combination to any hardware device.

New Airports in AES 2.0

Here you find a link to a List of all now supported Airports for both versions: List of all Airports for FS 2004 and FSX

In FSX some airports are not yet implemented (marked by "P"), they will follow soon, some maybe already in the official Release version.

The Installation:

Just download the installer here: AES 2.0 Pre-Release Installer

When you start the installer, first select the FS version for which you want to install AES. If you want to install AES for both FS Version, just finish the installation for the first FS, exit AEShelp and then start the installer again and choice the other FS Version.

Important: If you have an older Version of AES installed, please DO NOT uninstall it, that is not needed and will not be helpful.

For both FS Version you get a different icon for AESHelp on the Desktop. It is important that you start the correct version for that FS, if you want to make changes. The FS Version of AESHelp is shown in the upper right corner of the AESHelp Window.

Update: After the installation, please check HERE for Updates!

Some word about the Credits:

When you install AES 2.0 for FS9 and you had an older version installed before, you will see, that all your serial numbers and Airportassignments are already entered in AESHelp. If you install AES for FSX on the same PC, you will see, that all serial numbers already entered and you also see, that the airports, which are compatible to both Version and activated to FULL Mode in FS9, are also in FULL Mode in FSX.

Important: AES will use the same credit base for both versions. If you enter a serial number in AESHelp for FS9, this will automatically transferred into the AESHelp for FSX.

Also all credit assignments to Airport will have effect to both Versions. If you for example activate MAF Frankfurt 2008 in AESHelp for FS9, 5 credits are used and the Airport is in FULL, when you then start AESHelp for FSX you will see, that there this airport is also already in FULL and can be used without assigning Credits again.

Keep in mind, that in "Used Credits" in both version count all Airports, you have assigned Credits, also if this airport is not listed, because it is not available for this FS.

If you install AES for FSX on a new PC, where no AES was installed before, you can add your existing Serials and make a new assignment.

Manual:

You can find the manual here: Manual.pdf

Please read the manual before you start, there you should find all info you need. At the moment, only the German and English Version is available, other languages will follow soon. Before you ask here, try to find the answer in the manual.

So, now enough talk, start and have fun.

System requirements:

• Pentium 1.5 GHz
  • 512 Mb RAM
  • 20 Mb of free available SPACE on the hard disk
  • Sound card
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 or FSX (SP2 or Acceleration)
  • Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (all fully updated)
  • Adobe Acrobat® Reader 58minimal to read and print the manual (1)

(1) Available for free, download at: http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html

A native FSX or FSX with SP1 is not supported!

Please note that the DX10 preview mode is not fully supported; night textures e.g. are partly missing.

Oliver, thanks a lot for your work! :)

As I don't use FSX at all, I would especially like to thank you for adding some great new FS9 airports.

A nice surprise to see the fourth Russian airport in the list. I hope you will expand you AES more to the East.

Hope to see other Russian airports as they are greatly modelled, e.g.Yekaterinburg Koltsovo which I already recommended.

And more Asians for the sceneries already existing and for those to come (thanks for Seoul!).

Also looking forward to seeing more ground handling functions and users' texture support.

In return I, like many many others, will pay you back with deep respect, appreciation and, of course, more credit packs.

Keep up the good work, Oli!

Best regards,

Rafal

Hello,

I installed and tried this trial, in LSGG from FsDreamteam.

But when the demo is over, all the gangways disapear, how cab I changed that?

an other question: how can I uninstall this program?

thanks for your help.

Looks good but I see that small aircraft cargo loading(left side rear) is not an option.Thats a disapointment. you can select not to have a door why not be able to take that rear door and have an option to make it a baggage loader instead? or be allowed to rotate the current baggage car to the other side..a check mark for left side or right side?...I guess the small planes do not get a clean restroom eather.I love the product but wish their were more support for smaller planes,ERJ,CRJ,ATR....ect all use left rear for cargo,and no rear door for serviceing.

• Developer
Hello,

I installed and tried this trial, in LSGG from FsDreamteam.

But when the demo is over, all the gangways disapear, how cab I changed that?

an other question: how can I uninstall this program?

thanks for your help.

When the DEMO is active, you have only the 5 Minutes to test the compatibility.

Start AEShelp, and doubleclick the LSGG Airport to set it to OFF, then you can restart the FS and the scenery will be shown as before without AES.

Mr. Oliver Pabst,

Thank you for releasing this as a trial; I just downloaded it and will test things out shortly. Also, since it is a pre-release trial version should I buy credits with it or wait for the complete package to be released with my DVD bulk order purchase and get Ms. Nicole S. to add them to the Aerosoft servers then?

Thanks again! :)

When the DEMO is active, you have only the 5 Minutes to test the compatibility.

Start AEShelp, and doubleclick the LSGG Airport to set it to OFF, then you can restart the FS and the scenery will be shown as before without AES.

thank you very much.

An other question: Can we buy credits for the FS9 version and use it for FSX?

Just installed AES 2.0 and tested. Got some strange problems. I am running FSX SP2 and acceleration under Vista 64 bit.

When pressing ctrl shift w the aes menu appears for 1 second, and than i only get the message to pressF10 to close menu.

So i can not see the F1, F2 etc functions . When i press F1 indeed the deboarding starts. When i press F6 nothing happens.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Hotas

• Upvote 1

Just installed AES 2.0 and tested. Got some strange problems. I am running FSX SP2 and acceleration under Vista 64 bit.

When pressing ctrl shift w the aes menu appears for 1 second, and than i only get the message to pressF10 to close menu.

So i can not see the F1, F2 etc functions . When i press F1 indeed the deboarding starts. When i press F6 nothing happens.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Hotas

Hello!

try to resize your windows, with your mouse, you will see all the options!

I had the same "problem" with Windows 7 64