The Airbus Project

But you know, that AirSimmers is also doing an FSX version, and sorry to say, it'll be far better than this.

Anyway, good luck with the project anyway

It would be unprofessional to compare apples and pears.

The airbusses of aerosoft and Airsimmer are for very different

target groups.

The aerosoft airbus will satisfy the average after-work-trafficpattern-simmer

who wants more than the default aircraft and the Airsimmer airbus

will probably even challenge real airbus pilots.

I´m looking forward for both aircrafts...

Regards,

Timo

But you know, that AirSimmers is also doing an FSX version, and sorry to say, it'll be far better than this.

Anyway, good luck with the project anyway

Yes they might be, but as I said in my previous post, we won't have to worry about it anytime soon. I'd be surprised to see the airsimmer bird released for FSX by 2015 at the rate they've been progressing.

Until then, the Aerosoft offering will most likely be the best thing out there.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

OK! I'll bite ... I've been following along with this topic and am interested in what you mean by "high complex project in systems"?

I know that its a WIP but I just wanted to point out a couple of minor issues I see "right-off-the-bat" (so to speak). Does the AIRBUS have Flight Path Markers on their ADI's? And, just FYI, QNH is in Millibars and NOT inches of Mercury. I say this not to poke fun but, because I would very much like to buy a pseude-professional made FSX model of an Airbus (that is not only modelled to look like the real Airbus but also functions (within FSX Limitations) to the real thing or actual system (avionics) packages). I don't want to bash any other developers efforts; however I find the majority of FS Airline aircraft (in the cockpit) to be rather lacking in actual function capability or the VC visually looks like it was made for FS2002 and ported to FS9/X. Since your doing this for something/one seriously intended on using it for training, would you consider breaking the FPS boundaries with this model and make it one that I would be proud to own - with highly sophisticated Avionics/System and "Real-world" visual VC? (I mean, If you would consider my opinion and request in this matter). Thank you for your attention.

:)

A320_PFD_sample.jpg

Hi,

sorry but I don't really like this Bus. The PFD looks like a comic.

dreamflyer

• Upvote 1

It looks okey, but not real like this one, take a look..

PFD.jpg

Look at the font, colours, and width of the attitude indicator.

Partially disagree, you think what they make is okay? Stop kidding me man, they've got work to do on the displays!!!

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

OK! I'll bite ... I've been following along with this topic and am interested in what you mean by "high complex project in systems"?

I know that its a WIP but I just wanted to point out a couple of minor issues I see "right-off-the-bat" (so to speak). Does the AIRBUS have Flight Path Markers on their ADI's? And, just FYI, QNH is in Millibars and NOT inches of Mercury. I say this not to poke fun....

James:

You have a knack for creating "issues" where there are none, just as in the F-16 forum. ;-)

1) Yes, the PFD does in fact have a mode (selectable) where a flight path marker is displayed.

2) QNH format is also selectable, inches of mercury being one of the options. I'm not sure where you get your info, but I've got the manuals right here in front of me.

Someone somewhere else in the thread mentioned the PFD's colors. I agree that is looks bland and cartoonish and washed out in the screenshot. Perhaps something got softened in the conversion process... not sure. But, a couple of things.... First, the colors presently in the PFD are taken directly from very good bitmap images of the real displays. Second, what we have now as far as colors, as displayed in the sim, definitely does not look as in the screenshot; the current gauge is darker with better contrast and depth, more like what was posted elsewhere in the thread. But it must be said also that the actual A320 PFD *IS* a little cartoonish IRL - lots of pastel text and symbols and (what I think are) awkward colors. Airliners dot net will give an idea of this.

Thanks,

Scott

• Aerosoft

I know that throwing together a mockup of the PFD would create problems. My bad, lol. Our biggest problem for the PFD's at this moment is that we got to first make the font to make it look correct.

Just to show how a project like this is done let me show you some of the 700+ (!) images that were done this weekend when Stefan flew to the Canary Isles and back in the jumpseat.

post-43-1245142223_thumb.jpg

post-43-1245142239_thumb.jpg

post-43-1245142252_thumb.jpg

post-43-1245142268_thumb.jpg

post-43-1245142278_thumb.jpg

post-43-1245142290_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Please do not make a 737 in as much detail as this or you will force me to make the switch to FSX, I am resisting at the momment but I feel a good 737 like this would be too much!!!!

Thanks in advance for NOT making it.

Geoff :blush:

Hi,

Just to clear up QNH; in Europe our ATC people gives pressure in Hecto Pascals, and has done that for about 10 years or more.

Hi,

Just to clear up QNH; in Europe our ATC people gives pressure in Hecto Pascals, and has done that for about 10 years or more.

Correct Mr. Dag! That is what I was trying to explain earlier... And, it is/was given in 1013 Millibars instead of inches of Mercury (Hg), being the standard here in the U.S.A. (29.92), where it was developed. I was just suprised to see the display indicate QNH as 29.92 as "we" (in the U.S.) understand that to be the standard and only see the QNH term coupled with Millibars. It must be the ADI format of the Airbus, and thus my inquiry. I'm not an Airbus pilot and I've only been trained and have flown U.S. manufactured aircraft. So, we know that Europeans do things differently then us in some areas and, again, thus my inquiry. I have an eye for such details, as it is an occupational hazzard but, I don't wish to debate things needlessly or get into "verbal wars"; I hope we can all continue to discuss things, like this, in a civil manner from now on and not let ego's and feelings guide our discussions; but, rather, a quest for the truth and knowledge.

:)

FYI: (for those of you that do not know ... )

"One hectopascal is equivalent to one millibar; one atmosphere is equal to 1013.25 hPa."

• Upvote 1

>I was just suprised to see the display indicate QNH as 29.92 as "we" (in the U.S.) understand that to be the standard and only see the QNH term coupled with Millibars.

>It must be the ADI format of the Airbus, and thus my inquiry.

Well, you screwed up and prooved your non-knowlege (as usual) on the hektopascal thing and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with an ADI let alone an Airbus ADI.

On most planes you can swap the pressure units with the push of a button.

>I have an eye for such details, as it is an occupational hazzard.....

???????????????????????? WHY???

>...a quest for the truth and knowledge.

And that's the reason why you should stay OUT of ANY discussions about REAL aviation.

You are again starting to produce a great mess with your disinformation. PLEASE stop that, your are not helping anyone!!!

Could Air Jamaica be one of you guys livery Air Jamaica A320

Brent Stolle (Aka Capt. B.S.),

Everyone thinks you need to shut up and leave now son. You don't know how to behave yourself. you've been telling us lies about youself since the begining. I've clearly shown you have NO qualifications in the area of aviation or a college degree for that matter in anything related to it. All you have is a few phone numbers as references, which didn't work.

Let me remind you of this.

Interesting how fast people can make a fight out of nopthing. I closed this thread until Mathijs or Shaun decide to open it again to give everyone the chance again to calm down and treat each other in a respectful manner.

Bests,

Sascha

hi,

now that everybody cooled down i would like to ask two questions:

1) will it have a 2D panel?

2) if so, will there be an option for an enlarged panel (widescreen monitor)?

thank you!

Ive just joined the forum and I would just like to say hello to everyone!

Im so glad that aerosoft have decided to make an Airbus model, I for one believe this project is very much needed for people like me who may use the Simulator as a game (if I can say that) more so than a complicated aviation console. Aerosofts Aircraft products are so addictive for me because I can fly and land them and they look great!

I do have one question though regarding the Airbus and 'maybe' the lack of 2D panels as seen in other aircraft (which I dont miss at all by the way) Would it be possible to implement a trick that the Realair Duke holds which is if you mouse click in a certain area or panel in the VC then the zoomed version of that panel is displayed and then a right click in a space of the zoomed view returns you to the original VC view. This saves on cycling through the panel views with the 'A' key and with the Airbus being systems intensive the Cycling through the views until reaching the panel needed could be tiresome? :rolleyes:

Dear Aerosoft Team,

Great Idea to develop this plane! Even if I fly the one of Wilco I will be eager to purchase yours. May I suggest a Pause function 10 or 20 miles before decent point. This is a great help when flying middle and long range flight (Paris CDG to Istanbul, Francfurt to Madeira...) and allows me to still have a family life during the flights! I would really appreciate it.

By the way, any news from Paris Orly?

Grüsse aus dem Elsass!

I have a question too , will it have Air Jamaica as a Livery ?

Air jamaica fleer consist of only A320 and A321

Its a bit early to be considering liveries, and Air Jamaica's fleet consists of A319, A320, and A321. Plus they can always be painted when the actual model is complete.

• Aerosoft

updates.... modeling of the VC is dead on schedule (hey, done by Germans so what do you expect?).

Few things we like to point out on the images attached. First of all, they are all from 3dmax, FSX makes it look better. Second, see how smooth all round shapes are? Compare that to others, ok? Last, not really easy to see on these shots, the view lines from the seats are dead on. That's something we spend a lot of time on, mainly because the busdrivers that help us with this project insist on it. Also note that all displays are faked, not as they will be.

post-43-1246298104_thumb.jpg

post-43-1246298112_thumb.jpg

post-43-1246298120_thumb.jpg

post-43-1246298128_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi,

@Mathijs Kok:

Are you in a position to let us have any information as regards the release date? :)

Thx in advance!

BTW: You said:

the project is done in together with Air Berlin

Is it really done with the real german Air Berlin???