The Airbus Project

Airbus you say. I think a little bit of a different direction for Aerosoft (though you do have that BAE-146 for FS2004); but excited to see what happens! I definitely think there is a market; but then again, I doubt the people at Aerosoft would pursue it if they weren't sure of that. Keep us updated!

• Aerosoft
Airbus you say. I think a little bit of a different direction for Aerosoft (though you do have that BAE-146 for FS2004); but excited to see what happens! I definitely think there is a market; but then again, I doubt the people at Aerosoft would pursue it if they weren't sure of that. Keep us updated!

But as I have written before, the FSX version is only a spin-off from the work we got to do anyway. It would be silly not to do an FSX version when we are sure we will have the best looking VC ever done for an airliner, right?

• Upvote 1

it looks like the Airsimmer airbus

No, it doesn´t!

Airsimmer is developing the recent, modern generation of airbus with LCD-panels

and aerosoft is working on an old generation airbus with CRT-panels...

I can´t understand this unfortunately, because there are many old-generation airbusses

on the market (default A321, Wilco, PSS etc.) but no new-generation airbus yet.

Maybe we can persuade Mathijs to build a next-gen airbus.... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Timo

I don't really see on the Picture auf Mathijs if this will be CRT or LED - can you please tell me where to look or how to look at these pics to be able to recognize the difference please? :)

You can tell that when noticing that the screens have rounded corners as the old CRTs

Exactly!

Furthermore the segmentation of infos on the upper ECAM and the standby-instruments are different...

for example:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa-I...0b4dfae0833d8a8

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jetstar-Air...a60405cc7fce38c

Regards,

Timo

Considering that there are already on the market a low and high end airbus (Wilco - AirSimmer), I guess you can say that there is room for a mid airbus.... however, there is no good B777 on the market (the wilco one is just a toy) and I wonder why no editor are planning for such release of this amazing bird..... ? Would have been more appropriate I believe...

Long Live Aerosoft !!!

No offense meant, but there is an abundance of Airbus sims with "Things To Come" and Airsimmers and there is another developer making a very complex A380.

I would love to see a good, complex Boeing 777. Since there is none, it would sell like hotcakes.

Bob

Again: you can't compare this one with the Airsimmer A320, because Airsimmer is having another focus. They want their plane as real as possible, simulating every system as it works in reality. This means that you will really have to read the manual before flying. The Aerosoft-Bus on the other hand won't be that complex. It'll be for simmers (like me) who appreciate things like an FMS system but don't want to read some 300 pages before being able to fly that plane...

May I ask how it is anything like a FMS system if you have to use the FSX planner...?

I guess I'm going to have to let this one pass and wait another 4 years for Airsimmer to release a FSX version.

Wait, 4? I meant 14!

May I ask how it is anything like a FMS system if you have to use the FSX planner...?

Who said you had to ? Mathijs just said that you would be able to use it if you prefer. But as he also said there will be a FMGC, I think you could do it the real way without any problems... :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I understood

Deniz

But as I have written before, the FSX version is only a spin-off from the work we got to do anyway. It would be silly not to do an FSX version when we are sure we will have the best looking VC ever done for an airliner, right?

Hmmm...makes me think potential default A/C for the new sim. :rolleyes:

Thaellar

After some discussion (the project is done in together with Air Berlin) we decided to change to the more modern LCD version. Took a day to rework but here is what it looks like now.

laudable decision!

(I thought it would be harder to persuade you to do the LCD version... :) )

Thank you,

Timo

• Aerosoft

When we say that this will not be a high complex project in systems but most certainly in looks we mean what we say. Look at this PFD and I think you will agree it's pretty solid. All of this works fine at the moment.

This afternoon I also tested the first ABN Control Law systems and though it is not 100% done the systems will prevent the aircraft almost perfectly from exceeding the set parameters.

post-43-1244213542_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs

I'm very interested in the new project. Do you have a prospective realease date for the new Airbus ? Satisfied customer......

After some discussion (the project is done in together with Air Berlin) we decided to change to the more modern LCD version. Took a day to rework but here is what it looks like now.

The text in the LCD version(EIS-2 I think) is grey, not orange. Just pointing it out for you.

And if I may add a little wishlist:

visual model:

Some developers create addon-aircrafts "fresh out of the factory building" -absolutely flawless.

And on the other hand you know the worn out CaptainSim-cockpits.

I think something in between would be nice, because even a modern

airbus has several scratches on the panel after several hundred hours in the air.

systems depth:

One of the typical airbus features (besides the FBW, off course) is the autothrottle management.

Without the need of getting to complex, it would be nice to have a (simplified) "approach phase-logic"

with a managed airspeed depending on the flaps setting. (I don´t know if this is possible in combination

with the default FSX-autopilot).

hardware:

it was great to have keystrokes for the most common functions. For example to controll the ND range

and ND mode via GOFLIGHT-rotary knobs and FSUIPC.

Regards,

Timo

It's brilliant. I was disappointed by many things about the Wilco FT Airbus series (and contrary to here, by the absence of support), Airsimmer has chosen to focus on FS9 as a base, so I am really delighted to hear that Aerosoft is jumping in, I fully trust you guys to do a masterwork with this plane. Count my credit card in!

When we say that this will not be a high complex project in systems but most certainly in looks we mean what we say. Look at this PFD and I think you will agree it's pretty solid. All of this works fine at the moment.

This afternoon I also tested the first ABN Control Law systems and though it is not 100% done the systems will prevent the aircraft almost perfectly from exceeding the set parameters.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

OK! I'll bite ... I've been following along with this topic and am interested in what you mean by "high complex project in systems"?

I know that its a WIP but I just wanted to point out a couple of minor issues I see "right-off-the-bat" (so to speak). Does the AIRBUS have Flight Path Markers on their ADI's? And, just FYI, QNH is in Millibars and NOT inches of Mercury. I say this not to poke fun but, because I would very much like to buy a pseude-professional made FSX model of an Airbus (that is not only modelled to look like the real Airbus but also functions (within FSX Limitations) to the real thing or actual system (avionics) packages). I don't want to bash any other developers efforts; however I find the majority of FS Airline aircraft (in the cockpit) to be rather lacking in actual function capability or the VC visually looks like it was made for FS2002 and ported to FS9/X. Since your doing this for something/one seriously intended on using it for training, would you consider breaking the FPS boundaries with this model and make it one that I would be proud to own - with highly sophisticated Avionics/System and "Real-world" visual VC? (I mean, If you would consider my opinion and request in this matter). Thank you for your attention.

:)

A320_PFD_sample.jpg

• Upvote 2

But you know, that AirSimmers is also doing an FSX version, and sorry to say, it'll be far better than this.

Anyway, good luck with the project anyway