The Airbus Project

• Aerosoft

As always we try to be as open as commercially possible and this is a fine example.

A few days ago we started a new Airbus project that will cover the 320 and 330 models (possibly more). The intention is to offer a superb visual experience with a system depth that allows the user to get a good idea of what the aircraft is aimed to be without getting into massive details. For example you will be able to load a standard FSX flight plan instead of having to do it all the way Airbus wants it. So somewhere between PMDG and default aircraft but with a much better visual impact then either of those. We want the VC to be totally state of the art. Very detailed yet very fast and if you seen the Catalina you know we can do that. Compared to the Catalina the Airbus cockpits are easy.

Now before anybody asks for a FS2004 version, let me say that this just is not possible with what we got in mind, and we got several Airbus products that are pretty good already. To illustrate this I attach this render from the state we reached this evening. It contains about 25.000 polygons so it should be clear that we could never export this to a FS2004 model. We'll most likely end up with a VC that has 250.000 polygons (about 4 times as much as FS2004 could show).

We checked out every Airbus project in development at this moment but we could not find any project simular to this one. As we got deals with companies like Air Berlin for marketing and more than one professional spin-off from this project signed up we got a lot of time and money to make this project look totally stunning, have enough system depth and a flight model that will knock your socks off. You will NOT fly this aircraft, you will kindly ask the computers to do what you request.

post-43-1243449441_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs, i think there a very major airbus project that is soon to be release. the web site is airsimmer.com take a look at it when u get the chance. this airbus will be like the real thing.

You will NOT fly this aircraft, you will kindly ask the computers to do what you request.

:lol: That is EXACTLY how I feel whenever I fly a new jetliner- perfect :P

Good luck on the project!

That is EXACTLY how I feel whenever I fly a new jetliner

It surely is a question of the point of view.

As wingless animals we always have to 'ask' an aircraft to fly us, no matter if it is a C172 or an A340. ;)

The difference is the level of technology used to fulfill this request.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Aerosoft

May 28th, evening update... still not fully textured and the rendering of 3d studio does not do it justice but at least you see what has been done today. Now we compare this every day with all existing Airbusseseses (never know how to call two airbus aircraft) and I can say with the hand on my heart that this is just far more detailed.

post-43-1243531359_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I believe this will be the most detailed airbus for years to come. That single center panel must have more polygons that any complete airbus model out there for fsx.

I guess this quality will be usual in the next flight sim you will develop.

• Aerosoft
I believe this will be the most detailed airbus for years to come. That single center panel must have more polygons that any complete airbus model out there for fsx.

I guess this quality will be usual in the next flight sim you will develop.

Hoooo, we are only considering building a new sim at this moment. It's one of those multi-million euro project that could kill even a strong company as Aerosoft. When we start you will know about it, right now we are just asking for comments to make a decision.

• Upvote 1

Hoooo, we are only considering building a new sim at this moment. It's one of those multi-million euro project that could kill even a strong company as Aerosoft. When we start you will know about it, right now we are just asking for comments to make a decision.

I know ;). I just wanna dream on

last one for this week...

Next week we'll start work on the displays and on the advanced flightmodels.

Hello Mathijs,

thanks for the screenshots - iĀ“m really looking forward to this baby....

But, as i can see in your last screenshot with the rounded corners of

the displays and the ECAM-design, why do you "mount" the older CRTĀ“s

instead of the recent LCD-displays?

I suggest this modern airbus-software should have modern and meanwhile common

panels...(default A321, PSS and Wilco are already "old-generation")

Just a thought...

Regards,

Timo

AirSimmer is working so hard on their A320 series, I dont think it makes sence for you guys to do an A320. A330/A340 would be excellent, but i'm sure if you focused your efforts on an A330 you would make an excellent simulation.

Again: you can't compare this one with the Airsimmer A320, because Airsimmer is having another focus. They want their plane as real as possible, simulating every system as it works in reality. This means that you will really have to read the manual before flying. The Aerosoft-Bus on the other hand won't be that complex. It'll be for simmers (like me) who appreciate things like an FMS system but don't want to read some 300 pages before being able to fly that plane...

I'm looking forward for these ones!

But please don't forget the A380 ;)

May 28th, evening update... still not fully textured and the rendering of 3d studio does not do it justice but at least you see what has been done today. Now we compare this every day with all existing Airbusseseses (never know how to call two airbus aircraft) and I can say with the hand on my heart that this is just far more detailed.

Great looking panel there, and Mathijs, please don't ever loose sight of:

DETAILED...yes!

COMPLEX...nooooo!

As you wrote before, I agree 100 % with you, I hate having to go 100+ pages just to fly a model in FSX. Incredible models like PMDG, Level D aircraft have gone by my eyes just because I'm way too lazy to read and do all the stuff that is required to fly them. I love flying diversity in FSX rather than complexity. I know it's a simulator, but it's meant to have fun!

Congrats mate!

Jose.

Considering that there are already on the market a low and high end airbus (Wilco - AirSimmer), I guess you can say that there is room for a mid airbus.... however, there is no good B777 on the market (the wilco one is just a toy) and I wonder why no editor are planning for such release of this amazing bird..... ? Would have been more appropriate I believe...

Long Live Aerosoft !!!

I too am curious as to see what Aerosoft can do with this project. I'm sure it will have a nice level of visual detail, while being a little more complex then the default tubeliners in FSX, witch is good in a marketing stand point. But still I prefer when flying my tubes for them to be as realistic as possible. Understanding the systems is what make flying the plane fun and rewarding. This separates IFR from VFR, GA from Commercial flights. I do not own the PMDG 747, just too big of a plane for me, but I do own the LevelD 767, and I have been flying with that for a little over a year now and I still fly this more then all others. Why, because I can always go into that long manual and learn something new and put to use in the sim.

I too am curious as to see what Aerosoft can do with this project. I'm sure it will have a nice level of visual detail, while being a little more complex then the default tubeliners in FSX, witch is good in a marketing stand point. But still I prefer when flying my tubes for them to be as realistic as possible. Understanding the systems is what make flying the plane fun and rewarding. This separates IFR from VFR, GA from Commercial flights. I do not own the PMDG 747, just too big of a plane for me, but I do own the LevelD 767, and I have been flying with that for a little over a year now and I still fly this more then all others. Why, because I can always go into that long manual and learn something new and put to use in the sim.

I think many, and myself as well, understands that your thoughts about this regards many other customers also. That does not mean that everybody else thinks the same. There are still many people who just bought a copy of FSX, and I assume they would rather fly I medium advanced, good looking airliner than a super advanced one. I've been flying flight sim for 10 years, but I still appreciate the feeling of "being there" rather than knowing I have put all the switches right.

I think it is great that Aerosoft makes this package, because there are quite a few people who just wants that good nostalgic feeling. Those who believe that there is no market for a project like this, surely haven't met all kinds of flightsimmers yet.

Personally I have hoped for a project like this since the very first addon came out! :)

Where did I say there was "no market?" I even said the simplicity and not making complex was a good marketing idea! So get your facts in order with using your Quote button (No offense). Nor did I say everyone wants the same FS experience... I hit on IFR and VFR flying, saying that I do not want my IFR flights to feel like a VFR flight. I'm not dissing the project. But I too have been simming since 1998 and messed with FS 5.1. After 10+ years I have gotten to a level we "Being There" in not enough. And after 10+ years I'm be more interested in real procedures and knowing the switching are n the right place as you put it.

I will have too see more about this project to really say if Aerosoft hit the nail on head as in me buying it, when I prefer full tubeliner realism (We'll just have to see where they go with it).

I see now that my post somehow had some wrong points, as it seems a little too personal aimed. It was really aimed at anyone who would think this is a bad marketing idea. I apologize the offense in the previous post, and it was wrong to quote your post.