Idea For Aes

Hi all,

This is my first post on these forums and i hope its not my last.

I would like to say firstoff, that I think AES is the best product for FS2004 since FsPassengers and hope to see more airports added to the compatibility list in the future.

I work on the ramp at Manchester Airport (EGCC/MAN) and when an aircraft comes onto stand we have to wait until the Anti-Collision (Beacon) lights go off until we are aloud to chock and bring equipment onto the aircraft, also, the Dispatchers are not allowed to bring the Airbridges on until the Anti-Collision (Beacon) lights are off and we have chocked the aircraft and wondered if this could be implimented into a future version of AES.

Anyways, I hope I can contribute something to these forums.

Happy Postings,

Steve

• Developer

Hi,

the problem is, that the status of the beacon is not available for AES at the moment, so I can't controll the process on that base.

AES will wait until the engines are off and the parking Brakes are set, so this are "normally" the steps done before the beacon is switched off.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

the problem is, that the status of the beacon is not available for AES at the moment, so I can't controll the process on that base.

AES will wait until the engines are off and the parking Brakes are set, so this are "normally" the steps done before the beacon is switched off.

I know that the rule is that you are not supposed to approach the aircraft until the beacon is off, however there are (as always) exceptions. Especially since some crews forget to turn off the beacon or need to leave it on for a post flight inspection of the lighting equipment due to a crew change (usually they will turn on the strobes and landing lights too when this is the case). The ICAO regulation is pretty clear on the matter in that no one may approach the aircraft unless directed to by the person guiding the aircraft in to park. This person (usually the marshaller), may have someone approach the aircraft to place chocks under the nose wheel and attach the ground power plug (required on some aircraft before engine shutdown). Once the engines are shutdown and the brakes set, the mashaller will make a gesture of moving his left hand from outstretched to his side and sweep it into his chest to indicate it is okay for support personnel to approach the aircraft. This gesture overrides the status of the beacon light.

I am not disputing that fact at all, whenever Im on a flight we never wait for the beacon light to go off before we chock it etc, but the Jetbridge always does, but if there is no way to link the Jetbridge to the Beacon light (as Oliver stated) then I will just have to turn the Beacon light off quicker ;) .

Looking forward to Trying 2.0 Oliver.

I am not disputing that fact at all, whenever Im on a flight we never wait for the beacon light to go off before we chock it etc, but the Jetbridge always does, but if there is no way to link the Jetbridge to the Beacon light (as Oliver stated) then I will just have to turn the Beacon light off quicker ;) .

Looking forward to Trying 2.0 Oliver.

I set my parking brake first then shut down the engines. The moment I hit the switch to shut them down I go for the beacon. Nromally, I am done long before I hear the beep of the jetbridge. It's the bag loaders that tend to come quicker.