Early Rcaf Post-war Repaint

Guest Dag

Hi,

Preview of Canso A from 103 Rescue Sqn, Greenwood N. S. Red/blue type 1 roundels applied in 1948. Aircraft carries the VC-era markings, approx 1955.

CHM01.jpg

CHM02.jpg

Thanks

Great paint, but didn't all the post-war Canso's have the front turret removed? Wouldn't one of the civilian examples be a better base model?

Great paint, but didn't all the post-war Canso's have the front turret removed? Wouldn't one of the civilian examples be a better base model?

Yes they did but they flew as Canso As for quite some years, retaining turrets and blisters. After having removed the turrets and getting the astrodome on top of the nose, they were known as Canso 2SRs and the cargo versions became Canso 2Fs. These latter ones had cargo doors instead of blisters.

I have two shots of the aircraft in the repaint as a Canso A and these can be found on page 113 in Patrick Martin's book "Royal Canadian Air Force, Aircraft Finish and Markings, 1947-1968". Only thing missing on it is the fishtail exhausts.

Thanks for the interest

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! I'm looking for this paint: is it uploaded anywhere?

Regards,

Luca

Hello super repaint I would love to have the same effect on my metal repaint there a trick ?

Regards

Marty

scree127.jpg

Hello super repaint I would love to have the same effect on my metal repaint there a trick ?

Regards

Marty

scree127.jpg

as pointed out

the alpha needs to be darker for the bare metal look, but don't forget to leave the painted parts lighter, so that they do not get that shiny look.

If you open the textures for the Brazilian version in the update, or my own Adastra aircraft, in DXTBmp, you'll see which parts are dark and which ones are lighter

jk693.jpg

as pointed out

the alpha needs to be darker for the bare metal look, but don't forget to leave the painted parts lighter, so that they do not get that shiny look.

If you open the textures for the Brazilian version in the update, or my own Adastra aircraft, in DXTBmp, you'll see which parts are dark and which ones are lighter

jk693.jpg

Thank you Jankee

I'll try it

• 2 weeks later...

are these paintjobs (Canadian & French) available anywhere?

RCAF early in the "Downloads" NOW !!!!!!! :D

Back to finishing our cottage.