Mega Airport Heathrow Questions

Number Six

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, a newbie here and I am going to tell you I love AES stuff including this Heathrow airport. But I got a problem. If I load an aircraft from a Cessna to anything and hit fly now I am fine. Puts me right on the runway, AI traffic starts up and all and the graphics are incredible.

Here's the problem. Not sure if I need to update anything and that is why I'm writing this first because I'm not sure what to do.

But if I try to go to flight planner and set up a trip out of Heathrow my game freezes up, matter of fact the AFCAD doesn't even show up. I checked it thru AFCAD it looks right.

As I said I can load up any plane and go fly now and I got an awesome looking airport. But trying to thru flight planner and it freezes up.

I run FS9 patched with no CD. Mytraffic for FS9 and when trying the fly now mode saw planes taxiing towards me on the runway. So that looks like it's working ok. I dont see any extra AFCAD's for EGLL. The AFCAD I use is AF2_EGLL_Simwings_static.bgl. I am wondering if I have the wrong AFCAD? If I do can someone recommend where to get the right one.

My typical start up for a flight is AISmooth, then AESHELP 2.01 and have it setup to support Heathrow. Then ActiveSky vers 6.5 weather engine and active sky graphics. One I setup the flight there Ground Environment Pro starts up, then once done starts flight sim for me.

ANY help to go over this glitch with the flight planner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Knarfy ( K-Narf-E )

Hi Shaun:

I tried EGBB ( Birmingham ) without active sky and did a quick fly it now with a Cessna and was able to take off right away. Got out of that and then tried one with the flight planner and soon as I got into the flight planner the game froze up.

Being a novice to this game makes it tough for me to sometimes explain what's going on so I hope I've been able to relay what I have happening to you and understand it. Could it be an AFCAD issue? Possibly the game itself. I am going to try a flight in the US and set it up with flight planner and see if I get this freeze problem and get back to you shortly.

Also, the only other info I have on EGLL is from AES Help, there are some EGLL things in there. But I don't see any duplicate AFCAD's for Heathrow

Frank

Shaun:

I went to EHAM Schipol and set up a flight from there to EGLL and once I started gettings ATC calls for the runway setup I went into my GPS to get the ILS runway set and the screen went blank and the game froze up.

So I tried again this time I went back to a US airport just to see if it's possible that it could be the game or something. I set up a flight from KLAX to KSFO ( L.A. to San Fran ) and it's good right now.

So I'll stand by to see what you might think what is going on. BTW, as I mentioned, outside of this problem, this is an awesome airport, love the graphics.

Thanks

Frank

Being a novice/newbie I did read the directions for the airport etc. but I did have one question about AFCAD's. In the Heathrow file the AFCAD is in the scenery file. Should it be moved and put into the add on scenery/scenery file? Or is it ok where it's at?

Sorry for all these questions :blush:

Frank

Good morning Shaun:

I have PDMG 737's but did not use them on the one flight where my GPS froze up on my way to Heathrow. I get get Heathrow to come up and can even use the fly now function, you understand that right? Sorry, I don't mean to be smart a**.

Whether it's payware or freeware I cant get to the flight planner. But to use flight planner to try to set up a trip and once it gets to that screen the game freezes? Do you think it could be AFCAD related? Just for giggles can you send me the most recent AFCAD you have for there. I'll give anything a try.

Frank

Shaun, you are the man ! Works perfectly. Thank you for the time and effort into researching this with me. Heathrow is running like a swiss watch now. It's tough sometimes finding a company that will help out it's customers when a problem arises. Aerosoft and yourself helped me big time.

Thanks

Good Morning Shaun:

I did like you mentioned, undid Heathrow in the scenic library, went to the stock one, checked it and the flight planner worked ok. Then shut PC down. Started it back up, went into flight sim, checked back on the Mega Heathrow and then shut down flight sim. Restarted it up, went and tried to setup a flight and flight planner came right up and since works perfect. Some glitch somewhere got fixed.

You know and you've probably heard it over and over that people have so many add ons something conflicts somewhere. But with your help it's fixed. Should it crop up again I'll try what you said to do and if that doesn't work will get in touch.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Frank