Patrouille Suisse Aircraft

Hi all,

I seem to have a "small issue" with the Patrouille Suisse missions: the AI aircraft either don't show up (in the takeoff mission) or are literally tens of miles away from me. Is that supposed to happen?

Hello SmokingCookie,

Any specific mission.

Does it say on the mission briefing if your meant to rendezvous with them.

The delta formation-training mission is the one they are far away in; the takeoff mission (starting on the tarmac at Emmen) is the one they don't even appear in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have an error message at the end of the installation : "error with edit dll.xml, the PSPLAYER is not available".

I close this warning and can end the install process normally !!!

When i run the game and chose the first mission (the air show), i can just listen the comments but never can see any plane, just a beautifull empty sky !

My System is Vista 32 (on core 2 quad with 4 Gb ram and Geforce 8800Gt 512mb) and i know there could be a lot of install issue with this OS.

Of course i have tried uninstall and reinstall with same issue.

I can fly the planes in free flight, that is better than nothing...

Best Regards,

Philburt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue.

When watching the Airshow in Wangen, i only see the lights of the aircrafts and the smoke.

A pitty.

WindowsXP + FSX + Acceleration Pack

Nvidia GF8800 GTS 512

Not using DX10 mode

Any idea?

Cheers

Martin

Hello Martin,

Strange this, can you see in the display menu under the Aircraft tab and see if "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground" is checked, if so uncheck it.

Do the aircraft then show.

Then the A/C show up. Thanks for the hint.

Cheers

Martin

btw, whenever you got a beta, i'll be willing to help you again ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I purchased Patrouille Suisse X at FSweekend2009. Installation went seamlessly but at the end I got the message

"error with edit dll.xml, the PSPLAYER is not available".

I could succesfully finish the installation and Fly with the newly installed Tiger-II.

Nevertheless during PS missions PS-team aircraft don't show up. E.g. in mission "Takeoff from homebase at Emmen" the hangars opened but did show empty. No PS aircraft!

Unchecking "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground" ( FSX-display settings, Aircraft tab) makes no difference.

Please help!

Regards,

Sjaak

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Last week I purchased Patrouille Suisse X at TopD.ch. At the end of the Installation I also got the message

I could succesfully finish the installation and Fly with the newly installed Tiger-II.

Same as in previous posts, PS-team aircraft don't show up during PS missions. E.g. in mission "Takeoff from homebase at Emmen" the hangars opened but did show empty. No PS aircraft!

Unchecking "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground" ( FSX-display settings, Aircraft tab) made no difference.

How to check that PSPlayer is loadedand running ?

Any update since the last post in 2009 ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Windows 7

FSX

REX2

Hello,

Last week I purchased Patrouille Suisse X at TopD.ch. At the end of the Installation I also got the message

Same as in previous posts, PS-team aircraft don't show up during PS missions. E.g. in mission "Takeoff from homebase at Emmen" the hangars opened but did show empty. No PS aircraft!

Unchecking "Aircraft casts shadows on the ground" ( FSX-display settings, Aircraft tab) made no difference.

How to check that PSPlayer is loadedand running ?

Any update since the last post in 2009 ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Windows 7

FSX

REX2

Did you run the installer as Administrator by right clicking on it and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Did you run the installer as Administrator by right clicking on it and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Thanks for the answer :)

I uninstalled it now and installed it again with Run as Administrator selection. Still no aircrafts around.

And at the end of install I still got the error message "error in edit dll.xml cannot find PSPlayer.dll" (but I know this dll is in the right place).

I use 5 monitors, 3 on triplehead2go on 1 ATI Radeon 5870 graphic card for the main view and 2 others for instruments on another ATI Radeon graphic card.

I also tried to display the main view on the 2 others monitors but without improvement.

Is there a way to verify that PSPlayer is running ?

best regards

Michel

Hello Michel,

Can you open the dll.xml and see if you have the following entry.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Patrouille Suisse Player</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Missions\Flylogic_Patrouille_Suisse\PS_Replay\PSPlayer.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>