Aerosoft Sound Control For Twin Otter

• Aerosoft

We just uploaded Aerosoft Sound Control (ASC) for the Aerosoft Twin Otter X to the FAQs\updates section of the site.

When you want this free update just log on to the FAQs\Support section and select DHC-6 Twin Otter X as the product you want to see updates for. Please note that if you bought the aircraft at another shop you will need to register yourself and the product first. If you bought it at our shop you need to have the product registered before you see any updates.

ASC (we were planning to call it Aerosoft Sound System for a short while, until somebody used his brains) is a special module that enhances the sounds of FSX. It looks for 'events' in fsx and plays a sound when the event is detected. For example hitting a light switch is normally a silent event in FSX but with ASC you will hear a nice little click. When the wind shield wiper are in operation you will hear those as well. In fact nearly any animation could have a special sound. It will greatly enhance the realism and feedback of the aircraft, sound is one of the most important aspects of any simulation. Below the readme of this small addition.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

AEROSOFT SOUND CONTROLS FOR THE AEROSOFT DHC-6 Twin Otter

COPYRIGHTS

All the files in this package are copyrighted by Aerosoft and will only work with the Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter and not with any other file. Sounds and configuration files are made by Mathijs Kok and Finn Jacobsen.

INSTALLING

Unpack this file to the main FSX directory (the directory where FSX.exe resides). You will be asked if existing files can be overwritten. If you are asked that, do confirm, if you are NOT asked that you probably are not unpacking to the correct directory. You will find this short document in the FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\DHC2 Beaver folder. Please note that the update for the models that come with the Mission pack are also installed. if you do not have this installed, just ignore these folders. they will do nothing in FSX.

FIRST LOADING OF THE AIRCRAFT

After installing the Sound Controls update you might be asked if you want to load the module when you load the aircraft, this only happens the first time when you accept it and click [yes] on the next question about making it ‘Trusted’ software.

USE

There is nothing you need to do different. Just listen to the new sounds that are now attached to almost any switch and for example to the wind shield wipers. You will appreciate the added realism and the audio feedback of operating the aircraft.

There should be no noticeable effects on the framerate in any way and the memory load of the aircraft will only increase with a few hundred Kb.

We just uploaded Aerosoft Sound Control (ASC) for the Aerosoft Twin Otter X to the FAQs\updates section of the site.

When you want this free update just log on to the FAQs\Support section and select DHC-6 Twin Otter X as the product you want to see updates for. Please note that if you bought the aircraft at another shop you will need to register yourself and the product first. If you bought it at our shop you need to have the product registered before you see any updates.

ASC (we were planning to call it Aerosoft Sound System for a short while, until somebody used his brains) is a special module that enhances the sounds of FSX. It looks for 'events' in fsx and plays a sound when the event is detected. For example hitting a light switch is normally a silent event in FSX but with ASC you will hear a nice little click. When the wind shield wiper are in operation you will hear those as well. In fact nearly any animation could have a special sound. It will greatly enhance the realism and feedback of the aircraft, sound is one of the most important aspects of any simulation. Below the readme of this small addition.

COPYRIGHTS

All the files in this package are copyrighted by Aerosoft and will only work with the Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter and not with any other file. Sounds and configuration files are made by Mathijs Kok and Finn Jacobsen.

INSTALLING

Unpack this file to the main FSX directory (the directory where FSX.exe resides). You will be asked if existing files can be overwritten. If you are asked that, do confirm, if you are NOT asked that you probably are not unpacking to the correct directory. You will find this short document in the FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\DHC2 Beaver folder. Please note that the update for the models that come with the Mission pack are also installed. if you do not have this installed, just ignore these folders. they will do nothing in FSX.

After installing the Sound Controls update you might be asked if you want to load the module when you load the aircraft, this only happens the first time when you accept it and click [yes] on the next question about making it ‘Trusted’ software.

USE

There is nothing you need to do different. Just listen to the new sounds that are now attached to almost any switch and for example to the wind shield wipers. You will appreciate the added realism and the audio feedback of operating the aircraft.

There should be no noticeable effects on the framerate in any way and the memory load of the aircraft will only increase with a few hundred Kb.

AESS?aerosoft enhanced sound simulation or sound system or ASC - aerosoft sound concept , but mostly THANKS!!! for the update

Wonderful update, I justed finishing the install, but one thing, now in the -300 modern (have not check the other models) the "caution panel", is missing, there is a black area where is suppose to be...? ideas , it was fine before the installation of the ASC

thank you.

• Aerosoft
Wonderful update, I justed finishing the install, but one thing, now in the -300 modern (have not check the other models) the "caution panel", is missing, there is a black area where is suppose to be...? ideas , it was fine before the installation of the ASC

thank you.

Get the update again, we had an issue but that's solved with the version now online. Sorry for the problem.

Awesome!! now that's high level programming! FSX can be pimped a lot!

Mathijs, some ideas to name your new sound system :

RISK"Realistic Inmmersive Sound Kit"

ISR "Interactive Sound Responses"

VSFR "Virtual Sound Feedback Response"

or maybe a mixture between them...

Thank you for that great idea!

I made a few recordings of some old-fashion-switches here and like to replace some of the clicksounds, because every switch

sounds like the other. So i got some "switch up" and "switch down" sounds.

So, for example, i want to change the sound of the panel light switch for the beaver:

When i look into the "Aerosoft_Sound_System_BV" folder, i see a "PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE.wav".

I can replace it with my new sound, everything works. But there is also a "PANEL_LIGHTS_ON.wav" and a "PANEL_LIGHTS_OFF.wav"

I think, these files are unused and the same for the other switch sounds: only the *_toggle.waves seems to be used.

Is it possible to assign sounds to each position of a switch and use the _ON and _OFF wav´s?

Thanks in advance

Stephan

P.S.:

I attached a sample switch-sound here. schalter_unten_oben.wav

It is already converted from 24/96 to 16/44 but it is stereo yet.

Hi,

I must be navigating the site wrong or something, but I can't find anything resembling the Twin Otter sound update. Nothing that I see says ASC or Twin Otter on it, though I'm pretty sure I clicked on the FAQ's/Updates link. Was it removed? Thanks.

• Aerosoft
Thank you for that great idea!

I made a few recordings of some old-fashion-switches here and like to replace some of the clicksounds, because every switch

sounds like the other. So i got some "switch up" and "switch down" sounds.

So, for example, i want to change the sound of the panel light switch for the beaver:

When i look into the "Aerosoft_Sound_System_BV" folder, i see a "PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE.wav".

I can replace it with my new sound, everything works. But there is also a "PANEL_LIGHTS_ON.wav" and a "PANEL_LIGHTS_OFF.wav"

I think, these files are unused and the same for the other switch sounds: only the *_toggle.waves seems to be used.

Is it possible to assign sounds to each position of a switch and use the _ON and _OFF wav´s?

Thanks in advance

Stephan

P.S.:

I attached a sample switch-sound here. schalter_unten_oben.wav

It is already converted from 24/96 to 16/44 but it is stereo yet.

Nice sound!

But not all of the sounds can be different from on and off. Everywhere it shows toggle there is only one event. Sorry.

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I must be navigating the site wrong or something, but I can't find anything resembling the Twin Otter sound update. Nothing that I see says ASC or Twin Otter on it, though I'm pretty sure I clicked on the FAQ's/Updates link. Was it removed? Thanks.

Are you sure you got your Twin Otter registered? Only when that's done will you see the update for that product.

Are you sure you got your Twin Otter registered? Only when that's done will you see the update for that product.

That may be the problem. I purchased through PCAviator rather than direct so I don't have a purchase account on Aerosoft. The registration number I have I think activates the product, though it doesn't seem like the right thing for the Aerosoft site. I'm not sure how I get the correct number.

COPYRIGHTS

INSTALLING

USE

Hi, I am very novice and new to the forum, and I don't know much about computers haha. And I downloaded the sound pack, but I am very, very confused on how to install it. . . I feel pretty dumb because everyone else seems to be fine. . . Is there anyway I could get some more instructions on how to install the sound? I don't know what the FSX.exe file is. . . . Sorry for the trouble, and sorry if I'm not like 'commenting' on this correctly. . .

Thanks

I have the same problem as Matt, that is I can't identify the folder to install the sound file.

Could someone help with specific instructions for FSX & Vista 64bit? Many thanks

Hello Folks,

You can unzip the AS_TWINOTTER_ASC_100.zip file to a temporary location.

Then open the folder and copy the following two folders Aerosoft and SimObjects to the root directory of FSX and allow to overwrite when asked.

The root directory being the following folder.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Hello Folks,

You can unzip the AS_TWINOTTER_ASC_100.zip file to a temporary location.

Then open the folder and copy the following two folders Aerosoft and SimObjects to the root directory of FSX and allow to overwrite when asked.

The root directory being the following folder.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Thanks Shaun - works a treat........ :)

• 2 weeks later...

I redownloaded the Twin Otter ASC on Friday, and discovered that the DME unit in the -100 wheels is still missing. Seems to be the only "gripe" remaining with the ASC update.

Any idea how I can correct this?

I redownloaded the Twin Otter ASC on Friday, and discovered that the DME unit in the -100 wheels is still missing. Seems to be the only "gripe" remaining with the ASC update.

Any idea how I can correct this?

The Twin Otter ASC doesn´t fix anything on the Twin Otter -only adds sounds for the various switches and controls.

To fix the mising DME:

-Locate and copy: \FSX mainfolder\Simobjects\Airplanes\Aerososft Twin Otter 300\Panel\ DME.Cab

-Paste into: \FSX mainfolder\Simobjects\Airplanes\Aerososft Twin Otter 10 Wheels\Panel\

Then it should work.

Finn