Pby Mission Troubles

Yoda

Immediately after picking up the crew and taking off the second time, I lose power and get the Flying Tip that the engine mixture is not set correctly. Nothing seems to correct the condition.

The mixture is set to AUTO RICH. AUTO LEAN does not correct the problem.

Power is set correctly, i.e. 35" MP and 2300 RPM. Airspeed 95 KIAS. Cowl gills are open.

I have tried with and without carburetor anti-ice set to hot. Other anti-ice features have no effect.

I also considered the possibility that I'd fouled the plugs while waiting for the crew to load at the dock, and kept the RPMs above 1000 when flying the mission again. Still lost power shortly after takeoff.

Any thoughts?

Immediately after picking up the crew and taking off the second time, I lose power and get the Flying Tip that the engine mixture is not set correctly. Nothing seems to correct the condition.

The mixture is set to AUTO RICH. AUTO LEAN does not correct the problem.

Power is set correctly, i.e. 35" MP and 2300 RPM. Airspeed 95 KIAS. Cowl gills are open.

I have tried with and without carburetor anti-ice set to hot. Other anti-ice features have no effect.

I also considered the possibility that I'd fouled the plugs while waiting for the crew to load at the dock, and kept the RPMs above 1000 when flying the mission again. Still lost power shortly after takeoff.

Any thoughts?

Please ensure that in the FSX "Realism" menu that "Automixture" is UN-Checked.

Finn