Preview Mallorca X

Rainer Duda

This addon looks stunning. Cant wait for the FSX release. Its nice to finnaly have some airports to fly too, not just from (I personally like to fly North to South in Europe)

Cheers;

Michael Jessen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Reinier:

First of all I would like to thank you for this nice new Palma scenery. It really looks great, but there are some things missing. As you probably know there are many works going on at Palma for the time been, so I am just wondering what will happen once they are completed, will you make updates on the scenery?

Here I copy some of your screenshots and put on them a red marking telling you wich differencies we find nowdays: I am just realising it is impossible to paste pictures in this topic, but anyway I will tell you were the errors are:

1 - In your daylight picture nº6 we have an image of terminal building C from behind, were we can see all the remote boarding gates, these have been build bigger with a new black glass just like the one you have done behind terminal D (from stands 90 to 98)

2 - In your daylight picture nº16, next to rwy 24R theshold there is an abandoned MD-87 that the firebrigade use to train themselves. At the same time next to the big parking building, on the left side we see the employes parking wich is covered with some "roof" and next to it to the right we just can see some trees, these trees are no longer there, a couple of years ago they expanded the employes parking making it bigger, but this new phase has no "roof" as the old one to protect the cars from the sun.

In your previus Mallorca version Son Bonet airport was also included, will it also be in this verion?

Brgds

Kiko Esteves

Thanks Kiko. I'll forward these info to the designer. Maybe s.th. will be changed.

As far as I know Son Bonet will be included.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Thanks Kiko. I'll forward these info to the designer. Maybe s.th. will be changed.

As far as I know Son Bonet will be included.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Thanks for the information Rainer. I am just looking forward to have this nice scenery! Can you only confirm what will happen with all the works that are taking place at Palma airport once they are finished, will there be an update? As well as do you know if there is any possibility to make a new Barcelona airport scenery too?

Brgds

Kiko ESteves

• Developer

Hi to all.

To answer some of your questions a few words from the developer:

- We know that a heavy reconstruction at the airport is going on. But it will last at minimo 1 year until it is finished.

So we decided to built the airport as it was when we have made our "design closure" related to the aerial pictures. So Terminal B is dismanteld but other minor changes that happened and will happen are ignored unil they are completely finished in real. Than we´l sure make a patch to incorporate all changes. Please understand that we cannot reflect all changes at the airport "in real time"

- Son Bonet will be part of the scenery, but it will not be "at the highest level of detail". We have to keep up the performance of the main airport. And Son Bonet is too close.

MallorcaX is mainly a scenery of the international airport "LEPA" San Juan. Everything else is rebuilt to reflect a superb surrounding when approaching to that airport. It´s not (mainly) our goal to make a Mallorca VFR scenery.

This would lead to an exploding selling price. Remember that you allready get TWO sim versions (FS9 and FSX9) for one price!

Anyway: The aerial pictures will cover THE ENTIRE ISLAND. And vegetation autogen is placed at the entire island. Autogen buildings are placed at about two third of the island around the LEPA airport. The resolution in FS9 will be 4,7m/pixel and in FSX it will be up to 0,6m/pixel ! So for sure you can use it for VFR flights, but don´t expect every church in 3D :-)

All other Balearic Islands, like Ibiza and Menorca will follow. In the same way like MallorcaX with aerial pictures covering all Islands. And YES. We´ll make them for FSX and FS9.

A totally new Barcelona is "work in progress" and can be expected this summer.

Thorsten Loth, sim-wings

Thanks very much for all the information, it absolutely sounds great! I am just looking forward to have all these nice sceneries!

Brgds

Kiko Esteves

All other Balearic Islands, like Ibiza and Menorca will follow. In the same way like MallorcaX with aerial pictures covering all Islands. And YES. We´ll make them for FSX and FS9.

You REALLY made my day! Great to hear this!

Espana por favor. Any plans to do Alicante LEAL and Valencia LEVC?

OH YES!!!! you must do valencia and alicante!!! two airports serving the costa blanca, a major, maybe a product like "Costa Blanca X"?? I would pay mucho dollars for that! lol

BTW, here are some FSX-screens:

"Old" AI-traffic from FS9, so I had to deactivate the shadows of course.

lepafsx01.jpg

lepafsx02.jpg

lepafsx03.jpg

lepafsx04.jpg

lepafsx05.jpg

lepafsx06.jpg

lepafsx07.jpg

lepafsx08.jpg

lepafsx09.jpg

lepafsx10.jpg

lepafsx11.jpg

lepafsx12.jpg

lepafsx13.jpg

lepafsx14.jpg

lepafsx15.jpg

lepafsx16.jpg

I hope, you get some holiday feelings. ;)

And what I have to add:

I'm honestly not a fan of FSX and in the past I never had a scenery where I definitly could really compare the reached frames between FS9 and FSX.

They were absolutely different (and lot worse in FSX...) But that's not true any more.... this addon is the first one for me.

Frames (and I haven't switched off or reduced many options, for example bloom is activated) greater or equal 20, mostly 30.

BTW: Bloom costs me about 10 frames per second.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Rainer, that is some sweet artwork you've made and the team, please spill the release date (If known) can't wait to get my hands on this beauty.

Will both the FSX and FS9 versions be compatible with the Ultimate Terrain Europe series? I see those lights on the highroads, is this Ultimate Terrain? Compatibility with UTE is absolutely a must for me..

Will this cover the island of mallorca too, or just the airport. If it does cover the island, will the island be photo-real.

Both "yes" - the complete island. Please have a look at my FS2004-screenshots before or the last screens where I presented an island-parts during sunset.

But the island itself only has a handful of vfr-elements. So it's definitly not "Mallorca VFR" where you'll find all famous hotels and sightseeing objects.

You'll get the airport added with a photoreal impression and autogen vegetation and buildings of the island. And it looks quite good IMHO. ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

In the german thread for Mallorca the designer - Thorsten - has made a statement:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...st&p=165757

"Also Release-Anfragen bitte ab sofort an Aerosoft richten. Aber Mitte/Ende nächster Woche (17. bis 19.6) sollte es soweit sein."

So it depends on Aerosoft, how long they need to make the installer. If Thorsten is right then it could be between 17th or 19th. For both, FSX and FS9. We'll see.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Excellent news, Rainer!

I'm really very excited about the release even though LEPA was not on my wishlist before.

But after watching your screens and seeing how great it is plus reading about some extra ambience objects.... .

Looks like another winner from the Aerosoft group (I guess I can include SimWings and into such?).

Bring us more excellent sceneries and thank you they are also for FS9.

I hope the new Tegel and Innsbruck are not far away from the release too.

Best regards,

Rafal

This is Wonderful!! :D I have been wanting Mallorca for FSX for a long time, and now I'm going to have it done sooo beautifully!

I even tried to get Dvir from SimGiant to do it quite a while ago and he said he may consider it, but now I think he is focused on making airports for all of Italy.

You folks look like you are doing an awesome job and I will be looking for the minute that you release this. Palma is a great destination to have such a great looking airport.