--> Update For Catalina Now Available

• Aerosoft

The 100 to 110 update is now available in the FAQ/Support section of the shop for all users. Please note you got to login to see it and that the product is called PBY-Catalina X so you need to look under [P] and not [C]. The full version is now also updated to the 1.10 version so if you buy it now you will not need to update.

Aerosoft PBY Catalina ReadMe 1.10

20 May 2009

This text holds the information we gathered after the manual was created.

---------------------------------------

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

- For all support, come to our forum: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/

HISTORY

1.00 online release

1.10 First update / boxed files (SP1)

Added Norwegian PBY-5 RNoAF K-AK (Dag)

Added Brazilian PBY-5A FAB 6516 (Dag)

Added Norwegian PBY-5A RNoAF 333 skv (Dag)

Added U.S. NAVY PBY-5A MIDWAY VERSION with torpedo (Stefan)

Updated PBY-5 "Vingtor" (Textures updated)

Updated PBY-5 "Dabster" (Textures updated)

Updated PBY-5 "JI-P-30" (Textures updated)

Updated PBY-5A Civil "Dutch" (fixed mirrored emblems pitot tube)

Updated PBY-5A Mil "B64" (New turret and Textures updated)

Updated PBY-6A Civil "Calypso" (fixed window wiper texture)

Updated PBY-6A "Danish" (Added pitot tube texture fix and antenna added)

Updated PBY-6A Mil "Pensacola" (various texture fixes)

Fixed Modern radios for PBY-6A Civil

Fixed Sound module CTD's

Fixed Touchdown and water splash sounds

Fixed Engine temps still calculated when slewing

Fixed Excessive pitch up moment when airspeed increases

Fixed Fix for Comox mission not loading

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

- TO ALLOW THE ENGINES TO START IT IS REQUIRED TO DISABLE AUTO-MIXTURE IN THE AIRCRAFT REALISM MENU!

TIPS:

- Use the mouse wheel to control the switches and knobs!

Hi,

Texture update to B64 has mainly to do with the proper long type exhaust shrouds/heat exchangers.

Thanks

I bought this at Simmarket -- how would I get access to this update since I do not have an account with the Aerosoft online shop?

Thanks.

Never mind. I just got an Email link to the update from Simmarket. Thanks. :)

• Aerosoft
Never mind. I just got an Email link to the update from Simmarket. Thanks. :)

But in case you did not have that...

1) just register yourself at http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en

2) register the product you own

3) get the update from the FAQ/Support section

But in case you did not have that...

1) just register yourself at http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en

2) register the product you own

3) get the update from the FAQ/Support section

Thanks for the info Mathijs. How is the Mission Pack coming along? I already did the Comox mission that came with the Beaver, so a new set of missions would be excellent! Perhaps a torpedo run?

• Aerosoft
Thanks for the info Mathijs. How is the Mission Pack coming along? I already did the Comox mission that came with the Beaver, so a new set of missions would be excellent! Perhaps a torpedo run?

Should be around two weeks away. The model with the torpedo in the 1.10 is intended for just that.

Another question. Where is those spots mapped?

Question.jpg

Look at the below screenie for the parts covering the outlets over the wings.

There are new paintkits on Aerosofts "internal" FTP server with the new stuff (long exhausts etc) and I tried to get through to Mathijs yesterday to get him to update with the new files. No such luck, must be MSN.... Anyway, if they don't become available I have an alternative plan to host these files myself.

The exhaust parts are on nacelles/rearsection and wings. Rearsection holds the parts themselves and there are 3D shading on wings/nacelles I believe.

Thanks

post-36-1242751989_thumb.jpg

Look at the below screenie for the parts covering the outlets over the wings.

There are new paintkits on Aerosofts "internal" FTP server with the new stuff (long exhausts etc) and I tried to get through to Mathijs yesterday to get him to update with the new files. No such luck, must be MSN.... Anyway, if they don't become available I have an alternative plan to host these files myself.

The exhaust parts are on nacelles/rearsection and wings. Rearsection holds the parts themselves and there are 3D shading on wings/nacelles I believe.

Thanks

Much thanks! :)

BTW, i'm most impressed how you got around the stripes on the Bottom map for the Brazilian PBY, very skillfully done!

This download worked perfectly! I now can hear what all the fuss is about - I love the sounds of pumps, generator and switches (and music @ 1300 ADF2). Awesome extra repaints too!

This plane is awesome, and it's putting it's hand up for more and more flights for me! ;)

This download worked perfectly! I now can hear what all the fuss is about - I love the sounds of pumps, generator and switches (and music @ 1300 ADF2). Awesome extra repaints too!

This plane is awesome, and it's putting it's hand up for more and more flights for me! ;)

Ditto, d/l'd this on release but only this evening have I had the time to really get into this.

Erm, Mathijs do you think it might be an idea to put a `health warning` on the boxed version? ;)

Those engine sounds are (sniff) addictive, maan. I've been doing go-arounds all evening including fly-bys on the tower, and now I think the real SWMBO wants to ram my speakers where the sun don't shine, and the virtual controller is calling for me to pay a visit to the office on landing...

You sods! :lol:

This may come under the heading of ... but I cannot see any change in the ADF. "Fixed Modern radios for PBY-6A Civil"

I'm assuming that was with the ADF? Probably wrong that assumption?

The fix for the modern radios was regarding the inability to set the Standby frequencies on the COM/NAV radios.

Regarding the ADF, I aid that if enough customers asked for it, we would look into the "missing" tenth.

It´s not a bug, cause the real unit doesn have the tenth either, but I see that sometimes ADF frequencies can be with tenth values.

Finn