Us Cities X - San Francisco Released

Just a few weeks ago we were showing you Indianapolis and how much detail you can get in one

scenery on a shoestring. Today we extend our series with one of the world's most fascinating cities:

San Francisco! Take the Beaver for a tourist's favourite: A sightseeing flight from Sausalito's seaplane

base over the Bay area, Golden Gate, Alcatraz, Twin Peaks, Frisco Downtown and more! Not enough?

Take off from one of the two helipads within the city, feel and hear its vibration, see well-known

locations from innumerable movie shots here and end your day with a touchdown on a ship's helipad.

Product Page

sanfrancisco_23.jpg

sanfrancisco_3.jpg

sanfrancisco_18.jpg

sanfrancisco_13.jpg

sanfrancisco_22.jpg

sanfrancisco_7.jpg

I guess `this nice scenery doesn't contain SFO airport, right? Bad is the missing night textures. Any plan to come later on with an update?

I guess `this nice scenery doesn't contain SFO airport, right? Bad is the missing night textures. Any plan to come later on with an update?

No SFO International, right (except for the seaplane base in Sausalito). Just have a look at the Google Earth map you find on the product page.

Nicht textures are currently not planned because adding them to the existing database would take longer than the actual development process.

Bests,

Sascha

No SFO International, right (except for the seaplane base in Sausalito). Just have a look at the Google Earth map you find on the product page.

Nicht textures are currently not planned because adding them to the existing database would take longer than the actual development process.

Thx for the prompt reply.

Is SFO International planed for FSX and do you know the availibility of the add-on?

Is SFO International planed for FSX and do you know the availibility of the add-on?

Not that I know.

Sascha

A big city like San Francisco without night texture??? I got Manhattan from you guys and I love it, very detailed + night texture.

Please consider doing an update for the night texture and you have a winner, I have my plastic in hand.

• Aerosoft
A big city like San Francisco without night texture??? I got Manhattan from you guys and I love it, very detailed + night texture.

Please consider doing an update for the night texture and you have a winner, I have my plastic in hand.

It would nearly double the download size and raise the price with 50%, for this product line we focus totally on the day time vfr experience. Manhattan is just from a different and more expensive product range. We decided this mainly on customer interviews. When we asked people how often the fly VFR at night there is very little response. For bit iron landing at the nearby airports this probably is too much of a framerate eater with very little benifits.

It would nearly double the download size and raise the price with 50%, for this product line we focus totally on the day time vfr experience. Manhattan is just from a different and more expensive product range. We decided this mainly on customer interviews. When we asked people how often the fly VFR at night there is very little response. For bit iron landing at the nearby airports this probably is too much of a framerate eater with very little benifits.

Now Megascenery Earth just came out very recently with a San Francisco photo scenery. I wonder if the Aerosoft San Francisco Buildings and Megascenery Ground textures would play nice with one another.......

Now Megascenery Earth just came out very recently with a San Francisco photo scenery. I wonder if the Aerosoft San Francisco Buildings and Megascenery Ground textures would play nice with one another.......

Actually there are already two products with aerial imagery covering the bay area: Taburet's and Newport's. The colors of those two and the default scenery merge very well with our SFO scenery while the colors of Megascenery seem to be quite bland. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that because we can't touch the sources of another scenery. Another customer just posted a screenshot showing the color differences:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?s=...st&p=160929

Bests,

Sascha

A scenery like San Francisco without night texture is not worth the money.

A scenery like San Francisco without night texture is not worth the money.

Looks like you didn't actually read what Mathijs was writing. Did you notice that SFO is, missing night textures being the main reason, just costs half as much as Manhattan? I'm sure that there are plenty of people who share our opinion that a city in this detail for just about 15 EUR does easily worth this low amount of money.

Bests,

Sascha

Did you notice that SFO is, missing night textures being the main reason, just costs half as much as Manhattan? I'm sure that there are plenty of people who share our opinion that a city in this detail for just about 15 EUR does easily worth this low amount of money.

What I meant is, that I would pay the doubled amount in order getting a quality product like Manhattan X instead of a product which is not "fish or meat" even 50% off.

• Aerosoft
Don't mean to start the specification issue again, but what can of hardware is needed to use San Francisco to its fullest capability.

We are well known for giving honest requirements...

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Acceleration or SP2)

Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7 (fully updated)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU (Core 2 Quad advised)

2 GB RAM

Direct X 9 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB

Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 minimal to read and print the manual (1)

Download-Size: 265 MB

Installation-Size: 390 MB

• 1 year later...

Bonjour à tous,

Reading the Manual.pdf for San Francisco city,i've saw that i was recommanded to disable the Pier39 scenery from Aerosoft.

Time goes so fast ...and Pier39 seems to be forgotten !

Is there a little chance for this scenery to be resuscitated ???

Many thanks in advance

Chris