Request Catalina French Texture

Marty

Honestly it's quite simple to do your own repaints, and there are many tutorials around the web on such topics. I had no experience what so ever using paint kits or repainting until the Catalina came along. The paint kit aerosoft supplied is superb!! Once you get it figured out it's very easy to work with. I had my livery done in matter of hours, and it came out looking great. There are even some freeware paint programs out there which support layer functions. Not to mention how rewarding it is to create your own personalized liveries :D

Ty89m

Yep,very easy to make using the paint kit..it took me about one hour for this one,inspired by your photos..I have no ideea what those "25" stickers look like or what are the writtings on it . You need better pictures for an accurate livery. Give it a try and if you need help let me know .

france.jpg

Thank you for this marvelous repaint.

I posted the best.

Registrer number is: 1S-5

Here are other

08096211.jpg

08096212.jpg

08135110.jpg

08152510.jpg

08178510.jpg

08285311.jpg

08558211.jpg

Again thank you, I tried with photoshop but I started and I do not use layers

Marty

Don,t have to thank me for the paint.I won,t finish it without a better look at those markings.I can,t read them.You have Photoshop and the kit ? Then it,s all yours . Choose model and correct paint kit for it.Uncheck (make invisible) all layers except the main color and the wire frame...Choose three colors for this aircraft..light blue,dark blue and white...paint the main layer quided by wire frame.place markings..Make the other layer visible one at the time and chose to use what you like , rivets, dirt,lines (adjust blending for those) etc Make invisible the wire frame layer before saving...Rename and save as PSD file..and again as DDS..Try it on in the game , then go back at the PSD file ,make modification, save again as DDS ,try it on again...Repeat the process for the rest of the texture files. Ain,t that fun ?..Good luck! Seems more complicated than realy is..Post some shots with the progress.

54325.jpg

Don,t have to thank me for the paint.I won,t finish it without a better look at those markings.I can,t read them.You have Photoshop and the kit ? Then it,s all yours . Choose model and correct paint kit for it.Uncheck (make invisible) all layers except the main color and the wire frame...Choose three colors for this aircraft..light blue,dark blue and white...paint the main layer quided by wire frame.place markings..Make the other layer visible one at the time and chose to use what you like , rivets, dirt,lines (adjust blending for those) etc Make invisible the wire frame layer before saving...Rename and save as PSD file..and again as DDS..Try it on in the game , then go back at the PSD file ,make modification, save again as DDS ,try it on again...Repeat the process for the rest of the texture files. Ain,t that fun ?..Good luck! Seems more complicated than realy is..Post some shots with the progress.

54325.jpg

I will try

Hello Vago9,

I have some question:

1 how to make invisivle layers

2 how to find the main color and wire frame

3 how to on the colors chosen

4 The setting of the blending

5 to make the invisible wire frame?

I saw that there were icons with an eye that is to make it invisible

Thank you

Marty

Hello,

This is my first repaint in the colors catalina french j'aimerai get help for how to import images such as roundels in photoshop?

thank you

Marty

screen83.jpg

screen84.jpg

screen85.jpg

screen86.jpg

Sry for the late response..Wow ..holly mother of god you are very talented Marty..Looks awesome..much better than mine, i,m serious..Send me a PM with your mail and i,ll send you all the markings I got for this one..Or get it from here..

post-9654-1243240818_thumb.jpg

post-9654-1243240827_thumb.jpg

post-9654-1243240835_thumb.jpg

Sry for the late response..Wow ..holly mother of god you are very talented Marty..Looks awesome..much better than mine, i,m serious..Send me a PM with your mail and i,ll send you all the markings I got for this one..Or get it from here..

hello,

here following my progress

hello,

here following my progress

screen90.jpg

screen91.jpg

screen92.jpg

screen93.jpg

screen94.jpg

screen95.jpg

screen96.jpg

screen97.jpg

screen98.jpg

screen99.jpg

scree100.jpg

scree101.jpg

scree102.jpg

I just question why the propeller cones are not black when the propeller turns when the engine stopped they are black?

Thank

Marty

Looking good Marty. Very good for a first repaint. On your last question, probably there are two textures for the propeller cones, one for when it's static and one for when it's running. So you need to paint them both. I'm not familiar with the paintkit yet so I can't point them out to you but I think Dag or Yago can :)

Looking good Marty. Very good for a first repaint. On your last question, probably there are two textures for the propeller cones, one for when it's static and one for when it's running. So you need to paint them both. I'm not familiar with the paintkit yet so I can't point them out to you but I think Dag or Yago can :)

vinflyer thank you!

I will seek

I wish I could imagine how it could look better like Vin here but I can,t..Your first repaint or not, it looks excellent to me. I can,t help you on the prop cones cause I never repainted those yet..If I do came across with that texture part i,ll let you know where is located.

• 2 weeks later...
cool! Where can I download it?

scree122.jpg

scree123.jpg

scree124.jpg

scree125.jpg

scree126.jpg

scree127.jpg

Hello Vago and Dag,

I have some question for my repaints, now I removed the alpha on my models

1) I want to create alpha channels with the correct placement of badges and insignia to go out mate, but I do not know how.

2) The Civil Protection should be a PBY6A with a shiny aluminum fuselage, but again I do not know how bright aluminum color and the paint kit that does not exist. Can you help me do that.

Thank you

Best regards

Marty

Salut Marty

Ton travail est vraiment de toute beauté, en plus j'ai toujours trouvé cette livrée vraiment belle sur cet avion.

Je me doute bien que tout le monde te pose la même question, je sais aussi que créer une skin d'un tel niveau de beauté demande du temps mais est-ce que tu pourrais nous dire si tu va sortir un pack de skins ou est-ce que tu va sortir les deux livrées que tu nous présente les unes après les autres ?

Encore un grand merci pour ton travail et j'ai vraiment hâte de pouvoir piloter mon PBY avec ces deux livrées.

@++ Skulleader.

PS: For the English I'm sorry but for me it's more easy to speak French, Marty great work !!!!

Salut Marty

Ton travail est vraiment de toute beauté, en plus j'ai toujours trouvé cette livrée vraiment belle sur cet avion.

Je me doute bien que tout le monde te pose la même question, je sais aussi que créer une skin d'un tel niveau de beauté demande du temps mais est-ce que tu pourrais nous dire si tu va sortir un pack de skins ou est-ce que tu va sortir les deux livrées que tu nous présente les unes après les autres ?

Encore un grand merci pour ton travail et j'ai vraiment hâte de pouvoir piloter mon PBY avec ces deux livrées.

@++ Skulleader.

PS: For the English I'm sorry but for me it's more easy to speak French, Marty great work !!!!

Bonsoir Skulleader,

Merci pour les encouragements!

J'ai encore quelques petit détails à régler mais dès que mes textures sont terminer, je préviend pour la release.

Cdlt

Marty

Bonsoir Skulleader,

Merci pour les encouragements!

J'ai encore quelques petit détails à régler mais dès que mes textures sont terminer, je préviend pour la release.

Cdlt

Marty

Salut Marty,

Encore un grand merci pour la rapidité de ta réponse, j'ai vraiment hâte de voir le resultat final (quoi que je pense que tu n'est pas loin du but final).

En tout cas je suis très exité à l'idée de voler avec ces deux livrées qui sont de vrai petits bijoux.

Encore toutes mes felicitations pour ton admirable travail.

Amitié, Skull Aka Olivier.

PS: Je suis aussi membre de Pilote-virtuel sour le nom de skulleader.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Marty, very nice repaint. I hardly can believe this is your first one :lol:

I confirm this is my first repaint but to be more precise with my first repaint photoshop that I did not know well and with some advice yago9 I better understood the system of layers.

Thank you for the encouragement

Best regards

Marty