Avsim Hacked

Kosta

Hopefully, they have good backups somewhere offsite.

I'm afraid not! Server A was used to backup server B and vice versa. Both servers were hacked. If they cannot recover the data off the disks then there is no data. You can be sure that AVSIM will not be using the same backup procedures again... what a mess!

Hi all,

is it just me or does anyone find it strange that this is the 3rd flightsim site to be hacked in the last 6 weeks.

1st. Vatsim about 6 weeks ago, three servers were out for a week.

2nd. I've just read on the flightsim.com forums that another flightsim site was hacked a couple of weeks ago, a software company i believe.

3rd. AVSIM, completely ruined.

It sounds to me that there is someone out there with a serious grudge against flightsimmers, I hope they catch whoever it is quickly and 1: cut their internet & 2: take a sledgehammer to their equipment.

My best friend, who is a scot has a great saying for these idiots. "They need hitting around the head with a sock filled with their own S***e"!

good luck AVSIM hope you get back online soon, we need you

all the best Mark :angry: