Switzerland Pro X Problem With Fs9

Woodman

I have Switzerland Pro X (the FS9 version) installed. I just got the PMDG MD-11 aircraft for FS9, and to try it out, I followed the Tutorial flight from EGLL to LSZH. All went well until I was within 13nm of BLM on the descent when the screen went black, and FS9 stopped responding. I tried this several times, and each time FS9 crashed in the same location. I tried deactivating the 10 entries for Switzerland Pro X in scenery.cfg, and then I was able to complete the tutorial. I'm sure this must mean that there is a problem with the Switzerland Pro installation. Has anybody else seen a similar problem? Any idea how to fix it?

Hello Woodman,

Can you do the same flight at midnight without a crash!

If theres a Landclass entry for Switzerland Pro can you try disabling that one alone and try the flight in the day.

I too experience CTDs with Switzerland Pro X every time I go to any place (in FS9 menu or using the map) inside the SE area in spring only. It happens too, there and then only, if I change the season choosing spring with any aircraft. So I wonder if the problem is not corrupted or missing texture related.

Iouri

Hello Woodman,

Can you do the same flight at midnight without a crash!

If theres a Landclass entry for Switzerland Pro can you try disabling that one alone and try the flight in the day.

I tried the same flight at night, and no problem. I then tried isolating the problem. It looks like the duff file is CHPRO9_NW2_VTPH.BGL in CHPRO\CHPRO9_BD\scenery. If this file is there, I get the crash, if I rename the file to CHPRO9_NW2_VTPH.XGL say, then no problem. I don't know what this file does, but I guess I can live without it.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem around BLM. I contacted FlyLogic directly and they say they have not seen the scenery crash and say it is probably related to another addon.