Raf No. 210 Sqn Repaint Uploaded

Guest Dag

Its fantastic Dag - tx for sharing and congratuations for what looks like the first available repaint!!

Well done

Regards

GJ

Top paint job once again Dag. Now I really need to get my hand on this Cat, I've been drooling too long at all those nice pictures. If I only could buy some time with that as well.... :rolleyes:

Top paint job once again Dag. Now I really need to get my hand on this Cat, I've been drooling too long at all those nice pictures. If I only could buy some time with that as well.... :rolleyes:

Get it. install it and it will be ready when you have the time!! This aircraft is Stefan at his best... amazing work. 3 more models and one updated to come i SP :rolleyes:

Thanks for att the kind words everyone, makes it all worthwhile.

I will make some more RAF jobs and some Brazilian ones too. This weekend and next week I'm too busy at work/the cottage we are building/at home so there'll be little Catalinaria work.... Catalina work :D

Get it. install it and it will be ready when you have the time!! This aircraft is Stefan at his best... amazing work. 3 more models and one updated to come i SP :rolleyes:

Thanks for att the kind words everyone, makes it all worthwhile.

I will make some more RAF jobs and some Brazilian ones too. This weekend and next week I'm too busy at work/the cottage we are building/at home so there'll be little Catalinaria work.... Catalina work :D

Can someone let me know where I find the Aerosoft_PBY-5_MIL folder referred to in the download instructions for this repaint. I have gone to \Progam Files(x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\PBY_Catalina but find only a scenery file. I searched for it and nothing came up - must be doing something wrong - so all help appreciated.

Can someone let me know where I find the Aerosoft_PBY-5_MIL folder referred to in the download instructions for this repaint. I have gone to \Progam Files(x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\PBY_Catalina but find only a scenery file. I searched for it and nothing came up - must be doing something wrong - so all help appreciated.

In the airplanes folder....

In the airplanes folder....

I must be going stupid - can you please give me the full routing to the airplanes folder as there is not one showing in my FSX folder (I remember having one in FS9). If I go to c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

the first 3 folders are Add on Scenery, Aerosoft and Autogen - no airplane folder

• Aerosoft
Get it from the below link:

http://www.dagrs.net/files/Cat_210sq_RAF.zip

I had resort to my own site as I was unable to get to the SOH upload section and the AVSIM file library was down as well. Should be a fast download this

Have fun

Thanks

Grrrreat!

I must be going stupid - can you please give me the full routing to the airplanes folder as there is not one showing in my FSX folder (I remember having one in FS9). If I go to c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

the first 3 folders are Add on Scenery, Aerosoft and Autogen - no airplane folder

c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sim Objects\Airplanes\Aersoft_PBY-5_mil

I am at work now with no FSX available but the above should be your path to the PBY folders.

Thanks

A curiosity of FSX is that it no longer follows the file conventions of FS9 - or at least sometimes - so aircraft folders are no located differently under `simobjects` which is directly available from the main FSX folder.

c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sim Objects\Airplanes\Aersoft_PBY-5_mil

I am at work now with no FSX available but the above should be your path to the PBY folders.

Thanks

Many thanks guys

Got it! :) And glad that I have, damn what a great plane. And the sounds :blink: something you couldn't get from the screenshots. My compliments to the Cat-team :D

Very nice textures Dag.

Any thoughts of civilian liveries, im a complete retard when it comes to photoshop, and some more civilian liveries would be great(not a request just a question).

here's a nice one

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Forest-Serv...ecb189701a9b2a6

regards

mikael

sweden

Thanks,

Ehh... I don't do civilian stuff very well but I'm sure there would be others out there doing it for you. The scheme is nice, that I must admit.

Thanks

I have some questions about the repaint kit. I have made my own paint kit using the ausblackcat livery. So far so good i guess. But when i am ready with my paint and want to do it to one layer and save it as DDS there's some questions and dontknows. first: there's a lot of options coming up when i save as DDS (DXT 1 no alpha or DXT3 explicit alpha and lots of other options) what should i choose?

second: If i look inside the ausblackcat livery there's two files of each external one C and B (alpha channel and the "normal") i dont know. How to i do?

best regards

mikael

sweden

Dag,

I´m from Brazil and i´d like to thank you for the excelent work in the Brazilian Repaint of the PBY. Suddenly, it´s my favorite bird now.

Amazing!

Ahh... Thanks to the airplane designers too. Very nice job.

Thank you all !!!!!! :D

I have some questions about the repaint kit. I have made my own paint kit using the ausblackcat livery. So far so good i guess. But when i am ready with my paint and want to do it to one layer and save it as DDS there's some questions and dontknows. first: there's a lot of options coming up when i save as DDS (DXT 1 no alpha or DXT3 explicit alpha and lots of other options) what should i choose?

second: If i look inside the ausblackcat livery there's two files of each external one C and B (alpha channel and the "normal") i dont know. How to i do?

best regards

mikael

sweden

Hi,

When saving to DDS, use DXT5 with alpha and no mip maps. The _C one are the diffuse maps (where you save your paint) and the _B are the Bump maps/Normal maps, these are not to be edited.

Thanks

Dag,

I´m from Brazil and i´d like to thank you for the excelent work in the Brazilian Repaint of the PBY. Suddenly, it´s my favorite bird now.

Amazing!

Ahh... Thanks to the airplane designers too. Very nice job.

Thank you all !!!!!! :D

Thank you very much Flavio, I will probably paint more Brazilian aircraft.