Pby Mission Not Working

schnurps1

Hi Leonard,

It's very puzzling. What we have occasionally seen is that a proximity trigger will look find and read fine on Acceleration systems, but not load on SP2.

But the only way to test is to remove each Proximity Trigger one at a time. And we can't do that when all three machines we are using (SP2) are loading the mission...

Hmmm..

Well, I don't mind testing out all the different mission files that are necessary to solve this riddle... so in case you want to try out some more things, just upload away! :)

Just an idea though - I assume the PBY Comox mission is (at least to some degree) derived from the Beaver Comox mission? If that's the case, why not start with checking all the things that are different between these two mission, because the Beaver Comox mission works fine on my system - just successfully flew it half an hour ago. That is assuming the PBY mission was not completely redesigned from scratch and there are not too many differences. Just my two cents, though... :blush:

Regards,

Andreas

PS: Just saw your new file... will test it at once and report back..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heureka!

I think you were spot on this time - the mission loads like a charm! :D

I have radio contact with Comox tower - now all I have to do is get these engines up and running in a halfway decent timeframe :P

Everything seems fine so far - thank you very much for your time and patience in figuring this one out, Leonard

Best regards,

Andreas

At last. It works on my system as well. Is there something you have learned here which may be applied to the Bush Hawk missions which do not work?

Thank you,

SW

Thanks Leonard

It works.It works....it works...

This explain why I could not decompile it.

It does decompile now and really looking forward to fly this mission.

Being retired and served in the RCAF (this is what it was called then), we had a Canso at Trenton for Search and Rescue.

I see that there is a repaint coming up with the Canadian Search and Rescue, looking forward to it.

A lovely bird to fly.

Again Thanks Leonard and the Aerosoft Team.

Regards

Gilles Dubois

Well Folks, the update may have fixed the problems for SP1-SP2 users ,but not for aceleration.Still no joy with Mission, and my Beaver wan't Fly the Comox run nolonger either.Have all your update fixes tryed out and nothing doing!

Some one have sugestion!

Thanks

Frank Reinhold aka VE7RFA

Add me to the list of those who still can't get the mission to work. :unsure:

Running XP and FSX with SP2(no acceleration)

I replaced the old FLT and SPB files with the ones modified on 5/18 and 5/19

Here's what I get,

The mission briefing comes up OK and I click FLY

The mission seems to be loading

I get an outside view of the Catalina with the floats up but they are lowereing.

I get a small message in the upper left corner something to the effect of "engine

not running......press CTRL E etc.

Nothing else happens.

I hit escape and get an "End flight" not an "End Mission" screen.

When I end the flight it goes back to the mission select screen.

The sound of the Cat in the water does not stop though. Weird.

Hope this helps some.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Add me to the list of those who still can't get the mission to work. :unsure:

Running XP and FSX with SP2(no acceleration)

I replaced the old FLT and SPB files with the ones modified on 5/18 and 5/19

Here's what I get,

The mission briefing comes up OK and I click FLY

The mission seems to be loading

I get an outside view of the Catalina with the floats up but they are lowereing.

I get a small message in the upper left corner something to the effect of "engine

not running......press CTRL E etc.

Nothing else happens.

I hit escape and get an "End flight" not an "End Mission" screen.

When I end the flight it goes back to the mission select screen.

The sound of the Cat in the water does not stop though. Weird.

Hope this helps some.

Steve

Strange indeed... well, you don't need the files from 5/18 imho... the ones found here in this thread from 5/19, named comox101.zip should be sufficient. (The things you are describing are the same ones I encountered before applying the files from comox101.zip)

Are you sure those were the last ones you copied into the mission folder? Because for me (Vista, FSX SP2) this solved the issue.

If that is the case and you still have the issue, you will have to wait and see what Leonard has to say about that...

EDIT: Just realized you were probably referring to the dates of the two files INSIDE comox101.zip... sorry, in this case unfortunately I have no further idea apart from waiting for Leonard's reply...

Best regards

Andreas