Pby Mission Not Working

schnurps1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was resolved today, attached is the replacement SPB file.

Very sorry for the problem. It was the addition of a Greek fishing boat (scenery) only used in Acceleration.

Darn those Greeks! Always causing trouble!!

;)

Vic

Still no Catalina Mission.

Back to the drawing board..

When selecting the mission, the mission does not load, pictures below:

fsscr054.jpg

and no Messages:

fsscr058.jpg

Also when ending the flight, I get "END FLIGHT" in lieu of "END MISSION"

fsscr063-1.jpg

Also if I try to decompile the comox.spb file, I get an error.

fsscr055.jpg

Now, I have 20 missions from Aerosoft, like the Beaver and DH6 Twin Otter, and they are all OK.

Regards

Gilles Dubois

FSX SP2 ONLY

Hi,

I can confirm Gilles' observations - the mission is still not loading in my FSX SP2 installation.

Specifically, I renamed the old spb file and copied the new version into the folder, but I do not see any difference in behaviour.

Regards,

Andreas

Interesting. You guys who still can't run it.. are you using FSX Deluxe or Standard? I notice we used some aircraft that may not appear in the Std version.

Deluxe has six additional aircraft. I know the Goose is one of them, can anyone tell me the other five?

Next I'll ensure that the SPB attached above is actually the fixed file. If so, we'll send it back for more QA. Also I'll try it on my SP2 machine at home. Does it now work for anyone who it wasn't working before?

I am using FSX Deluxe Edition.

The 24 airplaines that came with it are all installed.

I don't know which are the 6 extra airplaines with the Deluxe Edition.

Regards

Gilles Dubois

FSX SP2 ONLY

Hi Leonard,

Hmm.. what regional settings are you using? We know that if settings are non USA some missions will not load..

I am running a German FSX version that calls itself "Professional Edition" and has, among other stuff, some extra aircraft - I assume this is identical with the "Deluxe Edition".

More information on the available aircraft can be found here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...ult_Types_(FSX)

What do you mean by regional setting? The setting made in Windows, or the selection of units inside FS? The latter I always have set to "US system - feet/inches"

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Leonard,

I am running a German FSX version that calls itself "Professional Edition" and has, among other stuff, some extra aircraft - ...

Best regards

Andreas

I use an US FSX Pro + Acc. with hybrid- system settings on a german VISTA Pro 32.

I never had problems with missions.

Maybe it is the old "scenery.cfg- bug" with "Default Terrain" vs. "Standardgelände" as it occurs on the "Fullterrain X Series"?

By "Regional Setting" I am referring to unicode..

I loaded the mission on my home system (SP2) and it loads correctly.

Here is a version with NO scenery and new FLT.. we'll see how that goes.

Finn, does this new version load properly for you?

Hi Leonard

I´m currently working out of town (as usual), but will test when I come home wednesday.

Finn

just installed the service pack, mission still not loading.

winxp home 32bit sp3. fsx delux sp1 and sp2 no acceleration.

Richard

Hi Leonard,

I tested this new version, but alas - still no joy.

Same symptoms as before.

Very strange :blink:

If by unicode you refer to the general regional setting of Windows - this is set to "German (Germany)". If this is not what you are referring to, please explain where to find the information you need.

Regards,

Andreas

Just fyi, something I find a bit strange, the Comox mission in the Beaver mission pack is running fine - as well as all the other missions in the pack (and all those from Twin Otter mission pack as well as Flight Tales I). Is there such a big difference between the Beaver Comox mission and that for the PBY?

Didn't work for me, either. Same symptoms -- opens up as free flight, but without access to the flight planner.

Neiteher the comox.zip nor v 1.10 have been effective in allowing the mission to work on my system either.

The same to me! Sometimes the whole FSX crashes or the Cat splashes only into Water like seen above pictures ( and I think that's not the mission).

My Config: XP SP2, FS SP2 no acceleration

>>If by unicode you refer to the general regional setting of Windows - this is set to "German (Germany)". If this is not what you are referring to, please explain where to find the information you need.

Yes, that's it. If someone could try switching to USA (English) who is flying with German settings to see if that makes a difference?

But first try this. I'm hoping we found the problem...

Hi Leonard,

>>If by unicode you refer to the general regional setting of Windows - this is set to "German (Germany)". If this is not what you are referring to, please explain where to find the information you need.

Yes, that's it. If someone could try switching to USA (English) who is flying with German settings to see if that makes a difference?

But first try this. I'm hoping we found the problem...

Well, I tried the Aerosoft update to v1.10, as well as the latest version of your comox.zip file - unfortunately neither did solve the problem.

I also tried switching my regional settings to "English (USA)" in both cases, but it didn't make any difference as well.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Leonard,

You said that it is OK on your computer witn FSX and SP2 only.

If you had installed Acceleraion at any time on this computer and deinstalled it, it could have some file remaining that belong to Acceleration. Maybe some .dll files belonging to Acceleration in the propdefs folder.

The reason I say that, is that I tried to decompile the comox.spb file using spb2xml.exe, and it gives me an error, it will not decompile, likely because there is some .dll file or files missing in the propdefs folder.

It still does not work with SP 110 update or your latest comox.spb and comox.flt files.

Regards

Gilles Dubois

FSX SP2 ONLY

I'm not so sure, Gilles. There's something else going on.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've also installed and uninstalled Acceleration on my machine, and the mission doesn't work for me, either.