Landing Sound Effects

FSXaddict

I tell you what, this airplane is remarkable. I'm positive this will win numerous awards and set the standard for graphics, quality and fps that can be achieved in aircraft creation.

Not a big issue, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing when I've touched down. It may be my sound settings, but right now I can't hear anything or notice anything that lets me know my wheels are on the deck. Now, I know I'm highly skilled with touchdown vertical speed and ground effects :P , joking. I'm used to hearing some sort of squeel from the rubber, and shaking of the airplane components, but nothing from the Cat. Anyone else having this problem?

Same here - please note, I've only done one water landing and one runway landing as the real world gets in the way of proper fun things, but I saw the post and have responded. Using Surround 7.1 - and Vista 32.

Having bought the CAT and installed it on Vista, I've only just see the advice not to!!! :-O

Can I just add to everyone else's comments, but this is a superb add-on. I love the feel and look of this addon - all I need is the smell of an oily rag to breathe the fumes from and it's complete!!

ps. the author of this post does not actually endorse inhaling carcenogenic oil vapours from old rags....

Same here--no Touchdown-Sound.

Michael

I am not sure, but I think I heard a touchdown sound when landing on the runway.

It was very quiet (almost not audible) compared to the engine.

By the way, is it possible to get the copilots voice responding to the checklist a bit louder?

• 3 weeks later...

Splash down sound? Not getting any. A monohull flying boat with the bilge right aft, exposed, will be very noisy on touchdown on the water, and also on the step. Think speedboat sounds. Even in a conventional seaplane, the water sound is quite pronounced.

Cheers: tom

• 5 months later...

I also Have a problem with no wheel landing sound(s), no touchdown sound.

Water landings are ok, water wash, water sloshing, bird sounds etc are present.

I have the CD version 1.10 of PBY Cat, the upgrade to version 1.11 made no improvement regarding wheel touchdown.

Hoping for some help to solve this problem.

Regards, Ian

Hi all,

Just to let you know I have fixed the sound problem when landing and hope this helps all or some of you with the same problem.

First of all fire up FSX then go to SOUND and make sure your ENVIROMENT slider is set to 100%

Good luck Kevin.

Hello Kevin,

Prior to your post above and after reading through some other topics on the forum, I decided to reload the C++ runtime library 2008.

During the re-installation a dialogue box did pop-up stating that the runtime library needed to be repaired!

Following your input I checked my sounds environment slider and it was set to 90%, now changed to 100%.

Went for a fly and my lack of touchdown sound(s)is now ok. (My problem was for wheels only landing, wet landing was ok)

Not sure what solved the problem, perhaps a combination of both changes, but very happy now.

Thanks, Ian