Product Registration..

yago9

Ok. How do I register a product bought from a third party like simmarket ? I need some files like paint kits, and are so well guarded I can,t see them in FAQ option until I register .

Why a paint kit has to be so secretive beats me. Thank you.

• Aerosoft
Ok. How do I register a product bought from a third party like simmarket ? I need some files like paint kits, and are so well guarded I can,t see them in FAQ option until I register .

Why a paint kit has to be so secretive beats me. Thank you.

Not secret but it is a service file intended for customers. And we only provide service to paying customers, so it is a very low level way of making sure buying software really does any good.

You should be able to register the product via the 'register' link on our main page (or click here to go there directly). Takes a minute.

Thx for the link....Why would someone get a paint kit if it doesn,t have the aircraft ? I don,t see the kit as an incentive to buy a model.It,s used by repainters only and they could boost your sales using it..An easy acces kit could help more. I,m looking for 10 minutes now to see it in the product registrartion list and I just can,t see it ..I give up....

Mathijs, clicked on that link in your post, but I can't see the Catalina in the list of products to register either under the Aerosoft Online Registration option or the Aerosoft FAQ & Support Database option. :huh:

i don't kow if they fixed the link or what but it works for me, i just tried it although i have no products to register...it's 11:10pm eastern standard time USA.

Realy ? Glad to hear that ..you found it under what name ..? How is it listed as ? cause I still don,t see it listed..

Hello Folks,

It should be under the product named PBY Catalina X in the product drop down menu.

You need to register the product first to get access if purchased anywhere other than www.aerosoft.com those that purchase directly from us should have it automatically registered if its a download version.

I am really sorry Yago9, I was reading casablanca as catalina, what can i do, i'm dyslexic....after your inquiry i went back to check and i couldn't find your aircraft either, maybe it's the catalina listed as the casablanca? maybe another case like mine in aerosoft? :lol: .can someone from aerosoft check on that please! there really is no PBY Catalina X in the drop down menu

• Aerosoft
I am really sorry Yago9, I was reading casablanca as catalina, what can i do, i'm dyslexic....after your inquiry i went back to check and i couldn't find your aircraft either, maybe it's the catalina listed as the casablanca? maybe another case like mine in aerosoft? :lol: .can someone from aerosoft check on that please! there really is no PBY Catalina X in the drop down menu

There will be a PBY Catalina in the download list after you register the product.

post-43-1241849889_thumb.jpg

There will be a PBY Catalina in the download list after you register the product.

thank you Mr. Mathjis Kok,

maybe I am venturing into areas best left alone as I don't have the Catalina myself, but he wants to register the PBY bought somewhere else. when we go through the link you provided and get to the drop down menu for the 'product to register' NOT 'register to download', there is no listing for PBY Catalina and that is what we are puzzled about. again if I'v missed anything or am totally missing the mark then i apologize.

• Aerosoft
thank you Mr. Mathjis Kok,

maybe I am venturing into areas best left alone as I don't have the Catalina myself, but he wants to register the PBY bought somewhere else. when we go through the link you provided and get to the drop down menu for the 'product to register' NOT 'register to download', there is no listing for PBY Catalina and that is what we are puzzled about. again if I'v missed anything or am totally missing the mark then i apologize.

No need to apologize. But the product WILL be shown when it is registered. And registration is done totally independent on where it is bought. In fact the site simply does not know where it is bought, it just checks the serial code entered.

So the right procedure is:

1. Log on (1.jpg)
  2. Register the product (2 and 3.jpg)
  3. and only then the product will appear on your support list. The reason is simple, we don't want to support people who don't actually bought the product. I know this works fine because we have over 200 registrations and over 100 paint kit downloads from customers from external shops.

It's a miracle to us why this is an issue for this product. The procedure has not changed in the last year and it simply has hardly been an issue before. We can only suspect that the first doubts caused other people to be reinforced in their ideas something was wrong.

However we will check if this whole procedure can be changed. We will not make support or downloads available to non registered customers however. We got a strict idea on that.

post-43-1241892721_thumb.jpg

post-43-1241892728_thumb.jpg

post-43-1241892736_thumb.jpg

No need to apologize. But the product WILL be shown when it is registered. And registration is done totally independent on where it is bought. In fact the site simply does not know where it is bought, it just checks the serial code entered.

So the right procedure is:

1. Log on (1.jpg)
  2. Register the product (2 and 3.jpg)
  3. and only then the product will appear on your support list. The reason is simple, we don't want to support people who don't actually bought the product. I know this works fine because we have over 200 registrations and over 100 paint kit downloads from customers from external shops.

It's a miracle to us why this is an issue for this product. The procedure has not changed in the last year and it simply has hardly been an issue before. We can only suspect that the first doubts caused other people to be reinforced in their ideas something was wrong.

However we will check if this whole procedure can be changed. We will not make support or downloads available to non registered customers however. We got a strict idea on that.

ah! thank you Mr. Mathijs Kok, this is another case of curiosity not killing the cat, this only happens at aerosoft...i'd probably have been punted out of any other forum for being too curious of products that i don't own but now i know what i will need to do if i decide to get any of your products elsewhere.