Paint Kit Available

• Aerosoft

In the FAQ/Support section you can now find the paint kits for the Catalina. There are two files, one for the 1.00 release and a second for the models added with SP1 (1.10 version)

Please note that you have to have the product registered before you can see it in the FAQ/Support section.

Guest Dag

Yeah well.... I guess I missed you by a few hours....they are available for you now at least Mathijs.

Out of curiosity what are the two models not covered by the paint kit? There is one particular model that I want to paint, I'm just wondering if I should save myself the download.

Guest Dag
Out of curiosity what are the two models not covered by the paint kit? There is one particular model that I want to paint, I'm just wondering if I should save myself the download.

I have no problems seeing the repaint kit download here, a 575MB download, without mine two I think.

My two kits are:

- B64 Black Cat (late radar equipped PBY-5A)

- Vingtor, RAF Catalina Mk.I, PBY-5 with disruptive Extra Dark Sea Grey/Dark Slate Grey over Sky lower sufaces.

I uploaded mine to the developer FTP yesterday, 4 hrs after Mathijs published Stefan's stuff. I hope they are see there now to ba made public.

Thanks

I had that problem, it's actually quite a way down the list as it's "PBY Catalina X", not just "Catalina X".

Not for me, Chris. If its PBY, then alphabetically, it should be between Paris and Pilatus...and it ain't!

• Aerosoft
Gotta say I cannot find it either :blink:

But it is on the list for sure under the actual product name. Let me post three images that show the way to get to the registration. This is 100% the same for products bought on our shop or on any other shop.

post-43-1241772484_thumb.jpg

post-43-1241772490_thumb.jpg

post-43-1241772495_thumb.jpg

I have no problems seeing the repaint kit download here, a 575MB download, without mine two I think.

My two kits are:

- B64 Black Cat (late radar equipped PBY-5A)

- Vingtor, RAF Catalina Mk.I, PBY-5 with disruptive Extra Dark Sea Grey/Dark Slate Grey over Sky lower sufaces.

I uploaded mine to the developer FTP yesterday, 4 hrs after Mathijs published Stefan's stuff. I hope they are see there now to ba made public.

Thanks

Excellent news, Vingtor was the one I was particularly keen on getting my hands on. B)

Guest Dag
Excellent news, Vingtor was the one I was particularly keen on getting my hands on. B)

And I just downloaded the repaint kit as a test and they have not included the two kits yet......... :unsure:

Guest Dag
Going up now but it's a big file in a big FTP queue. Will take another few hours. Will report here when it is up.

Good stuff :rolleyes:

Thanks for your hard work Mathijs !

• Aerosoft
Good stuff :rolleyes:

Thanks for your hard work Mathijs !

Now available in the 101 format that includes the two paints Dag was so kind to add to the released product. I choose a new exe compressed (7zip) because it made the huge file smaller (even with the new 100Mb added).

As far as paintkits go, this one is number 1!

It even beats the detaile used by the OzX guys who create the HD textures.

Number 1!!!!!!

Well done guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

from the download link for Paintkit 1.10 (three new models) I can only obtain

AS_PBY-CATALINA_FSX_PAINTKIT_V101.exe

Is this the correct one?

Thanks

Hi

from the download link for Paintkit 1.10 (three new models) I can only obtain

AS_PBY-CATALINA_FSX_PAINTKIT_V101.exe

Is this the correct one?

Thanks

No.... I thought so but the old stuff is what's in that download... I am seriously getting tired of this. It looks like I need to reinstate it on my own site... :blink::angry:

Attached are images of the new kits and I have also attached a screenie of where the files can be found. For the ones that are supposed to make this happen....

post-36-1243092485_thumb.jpg

post-36-1243092552_thumb.jpg

In the FAQ/Support section you can now find the paint kits for the Catalina. There are two files, one for the 1.00 release and a second for the models added with SP1 (1.10 version)

Please note that you have to have the product registered before you can see it in the FAQ/Support section.

The download does not contain any of the new stuff from 1.10.

• Aerosoft
Wow!! Now that's impressive... So called "smart servers" I imagine..

Not smart servers but a faulty caching mechanism I think. It was the English section that was feeding the wrong file name, the German (the other main one) was sending out the right name.

Hey Guys

I really enjoy this plane, and it looks like a very thorough paintkit, I just dont have any idea how to use it.

Is there a "for Dummys guide" somewhere? I have managed to open the files in photoshop and I figured out how to select/deselct layers. But then I'm more or less stuck.

I have tried to play around with the Calypso, once I'm done painting, then what do I do with the files?

Thanks for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...