Bush Hawk Troubles

Prof

Hi, new to the forum and have a few problems with my new Bush Hawk, which in general I love.

Firstly, is there a planned fix for those of us without the Acceleration pack, in order to be able to fly the Introductory and other missions?

Secondly, there was mention of a choice of texture quality, but I can't find where this is, or how to enable the options.

Thirdly, I notice on the screenshots a variety of different cockpit panel materials (plain white, metal, carbon fibre) but I can't find where to initiate these options. I loaded many of the different liveries thinking I would find they were there, but I couldn't find them there either.

Many thanks for your help.

Prof

Hi, new to the forum and have a few problems with my new Bush Hawk, which in general I love.

Firstly, is there a planned fix for those of us without the Acceleration pack, in order to be able to fly the Introductory and other missions?

Secondly, there was mention of a choice of texture quality, but I can't find where this is, or how to enable the options.

Thirdly, I notice on the screenshots a variety of different cockpit panel materials (plain white, metal, carbon fibre) but I can't find where to initiate these options. I loaded many of the different liveries thinking I would find they were there, but I couldn't find them there either.

Many thanks for your help.

Prof

Hi,

From what I can tell you from the user-end:

- Getting and installing Acceleration pack fixed my mission woes. Now all missions work like a charm.

- As I can recall, the option for low/high res texture quality is asked before install.

- AFAICS, the different cockpits are in the different liveries in your aircraft list in FSX.

There will be a fix for those Assisted Flights that don't work with SP2.

If you've flown all different variations you should've found all panels and interiors as well. For example the OE-FBA features the carbon panel, the N899WT shows the aluminium panel. If this should not be the case, please attach screenshots of those panels.

If you have downloaded the Hawk lately you should have a file called bushhawk.exe in your fsx/simobjects/airplanes/Bushhawk XP - General folder. Use this to switch between the texture resolution and different polycount models. If you do not have download the update from the update section of the aerosoft website.

Thorsten,

I bought the plane through an Australian retailer, so I wasn't aware of the update. I have installed it, and I have installed the Expansion pack. Now very happily flying the Introduction Mission. Thanks for your help, and for a great plane for exploring FTX and OZx airstrips :)

cheers

John Hockings (Prof)

Hello Thorsten,

There will be a fix for those Assisted Flights that don't work with SP2.

I am happy to hear that :)

Any estimate when this fix will be out, so I know when to come back to look for it?

Regards,

Andreas

Hello Thorsten

That depends on how long it takes to include the new Sound System in the Bush Hawk. We want to make it an update that is worthy.

Oh, that sounds even better :)

I have no problem to wait as long as it takes, as the missions were not a major issue for me - nice to have though, as I love flying "with a purpose". Initially I was worried that something might be actually wrong with my installation, but now that it seems to be confirmed that it is just another of those pesky version problems in FSX, I can easily live with it for the time being.

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Andreas