2 Possible Items That Are Realistic And Not A Bug

Nathan Palmer

So far and loving the new bird but found two items that seem to be wrong.

In the interactive check list on the before taxi for fuel pressure the word check is mispelled like chekc.

Next thing that seems odd is when you push the brakes (using CH Products pedal) the left seat side seems to work correctly in the 3d moving part where they move back but the right seat (co-pilot side) the brakes move forward?!

Lastly, it would be nice if we could get a recommends sound setting level for the sliders in FSX based on the real life Cat owners who helped build and test this bird. The engine and enviroment levels that best match the real thing along with the other sliders.

Thank you.

Nathan

• Aerosoft
So far and loving the new bird but found two items that seem to be wrong.

In the interactive check list on the before taxi for fuel pressure the word check is mispelled like chekc.

Next thing that seems odd is when you push the brakes (using CH Products pedal) the left seat side seems to work correctly in the 3d moving part where they move back but the right seat (co-pilot side) the brakes move forward?!

Lastly, it would be nice if we could get a recommends sound setting level for the sliders in FSX based on the real life Cat owners who helped build and test this bird. The engine and enviroment levels that best match the real thing along with the other sliders.

Thank you.

Nathan

1) There are more typos, lol. But everyone of them was copied from a real checklist. I hoped it would give a more realistic idea.

2) Yep it is weird but that is how the brakes were explained to us. If you check the manual you will see it very clearly outlines the idea only one of the pilots should handle the brakes as both acting at the same time will counteract each other.

3) Complex as the FSX sounds and the Aerosoft Sound Control sounds do not use the same volume control. Not sure how to handle this. Personally I leave the FSX sound settings at the default settings.

We know about those misspellings, but they are part of the real checklist, used ny the Dutch "Stichting Catalina" stationed at Lelystad.

I knew that the toebrakes would come up - reported as an issue....

But it is not !!

The way it is animated now, is how the toe brakes move when the Captain is depressing his set - thus making the first officers move like they does.

Infact the Captain and the first Officer had to decide who where supposed to use them, cause they couldnĀ“t be applied at the same time by both pilots.

On some Catalinas - later in their carriere, the first officer toebrakes where removed.

Finn

1) There are more typos, lol. But everyone of them was copied from a real checklist. I hoped it would give a more realistic idea.

2) Yep it is weird but that is how the brakes were explained to us. If you check the manual you will see it very clearly outlines the idea only one of the pilots should handle the brakes as both acting at the same time will counteract each other.

3) Complex as the FSX sounds and the Aerosoft Sound Control sounds do not use the same volume control. Not sure how to handle this. Personally I leave the FSX sound settings at the default settings.

Thanks for the info. All makes sense and enjoy the fact that you kept the realism even though it looks wrong. Gives the Cat more of a personality. Now if we could just model all those new features into your Beaver *wink* *wink*

We know about those misspellings, but they are part of the real checklist, used ny the Dutch "Stichting Catalina" stationed at Lelystad.

I knew that the toebrakes would come up - reported as an issue....

But it is not !!

The way it is animated now, is how the toe brakes move when the Captain is depressing his set - thus making the first officers move like they does.

Infact the Captain and the first Officer had to decide who where supposed to use them, cause they couldnĀ“t be applied at the same time by both pilots.

On some Catalinas - later in their carriere, the first officer toebrakes where removed.

Finn

Thanks Finn I updated the OP header to reflect Aerosofts intense desire to provide the most realistic plane to date!

I know, I know... the spell check errors are real...

There was a time when I would have made my techs re-type the whole page if they had spelt something wrong. But it just goes to show how much the NL operators care about their quality :lol:

a. I am an aerospace quality engineer - British

b. my dad wrote aircraft manuals for Fokker.

c. if the Stichting don't care that much about standards, I'd not fly as a pax in their real Cat

BUT... I think it's lovely to see these quaint typos in a sim. I agree with Aerosoft - it does add feel...

...now please correct the Brit, Oz, US checklists :lol: :lol: :lol: as I am sure the English speaking crew chiefs would be having fits :mad:

Just kidding...