Sincere Thank You

rprachun

I am always pleased to see Aerosoft's response to forum issues for a product release...but...there is never enough just plain thank you messages. Just purchased and flew my first sorties with the Catalina. This is the finest and most realistic plane I have ever had the pleasure to fly in FSX. The engine management; the power response; the feeling of mass; the quality of the build detail and even the documentation...wow!

Please extend my sincere thank you to all of the Catalina team at Aerosoft for an incredible job. You have made me very happy. :D

Ray

Well said Ray!

I heartily agree with your comments, and I add my sincere thanks to all involved with this incredible project.

As I said in another thread my father was in the RAAF in the Pacific during WWII and was associated with the Cats, so this aircraft is rather special to me. It is my birthday present, bought early, but won't be flown till the day on Saturday (9th), which is what everyone is calling a significant birthday as I turn 60 years young.

The Cat in all it's forms looks incredible and my favourites will be the Military variants. Can't wait to fly her!

Congratulations Aerosoft, you have again set the standard for others to (try and) follow.

Malcolm

I'd like to add my thanks too for this excellent aircraft. Its one of the best available IMO.

The sounds are incredible. When I started the engine for the first time it blew me away! B)

Yes - I agree - Its so good to buy and fly one that is well made and has obviously been well beta tested as well. They must have worked hard to get this so good.

Well done all.

• Aerosoft
I'd like to add my thanks too for this excellent aircraft. Its one of the best available IMO.

The sounds are incredible. When I started the engine for the first time it blew me away! B)

Ahhh yeah, Nick "Meatwater' Schreger is very good with these kinds of engines. He knows exactly I want those sounds to be very strong in effects.

Well said Ray!

I heartily agree with your comments, and I add my sincere thanks to all involved with this incredible project.

As I said in another thread my father was in the RAAF in the Pacific during WWII and was associated with the Cats, so this aircraft is rather special to me. It is my birthday present, bought early, but won't be flown till the day on Saturday (9th), which is what everyone is calling a significant birthday as I turn 60 years young.

The Cat in all it's forms looks incredible and my favourites will be the Military variants. Can't wait to fly her!

Congratulations Aerosoft, you have again set the standard for others to (try and) follow.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm. Happy birthday!! :) 60 eh! I have a couple of years to catch up to you! You will not be disappointed by this bird. Also fascinating about your dad. It always amazes me how we so often forget about the incredible sacrifices others have made in the past so we can enjoy the present. I swear I can smell the petrol fumes when I fly this one. Not only a great plane but a wealth of history and nostalgia. What a deal!

Check out the U Tube history video referred to in the forum...excellent way to appreciate the historical significance of this aircraft.

Ray

Indeed, a wonderful master piece of design, and I especially registered just to say thank and Bravo! Despite my very low abilities in flying with fsx, I took an immediate pleasure, and continuing ;).

I can only echo the sentiments expressed in this thread so far. To my mind, there are certain vintage aircraft that can be considered almost essential for MSFS. The DC3 is one of the obvious ones, as is the DHC-2 Beaver. Add to that list the Catalina, in all its variations. Its ability to go anywhere, the number of potential repaints borne of its wide and varied operational history...and most of all that purposeful beauty, with bags of character. Its a plane that FSX needed and Aerosoft deserves massive success with it.

A huge well done to everyone who was involved, and heart-felt thanks from this flight simming Catalina lover. :)

Thanks, thanks and thanks,

the best plane yet I bought for FSX.

OK; now that the PBY is done, put the designer on chains, water and bread (sorry I meant "haute cuisine" and a first class hotel) and let him make the Bushhawk XP Ver. 2.0! :rolleyes:

Hi Malcolm. Happy birthday!! :) 60 eh! I have a couple of years to catch up to you! You will not be disappointed by this bird. Also fascinating about your dad. It always amazes me how we so often forget about the incredible sacrifices others have made in the past so we can enjoy the present. I swear I can smell the petrol fumes when I fly this one. Not only a great plane but a wealth of history and nostalgia. What a deal!

Check out the U Tube history video referred to in the forum...excellent way to appreciate the historical significance of this aircraft.

Ray

Thanks for your kind wishes Ray.

I am in the process of working through the wonderful U Tube history video thread, I agree it is excellent.

And after a second look around this wonderful aircraft inside and out, I agree with everyone else that this is by far the best VC ever produced, and yes Ray, you are right, that is petrol fumes you can smell, especially when you open the top window!

Even more congratulations to Aerosoft!

Malcolm

:rolleyes: I agree 100% this is a great sim and everyone is to be congratulated. I also have a link to the Cat. During the war my dad ferried many of them across the Pacific while he was attached to the RAF Ferry Command. I don't agree that it is the best FSX simulator B) as there are some pretty good ones out there but it is in the top 5 for sure.