London City Airport X

London City Airport X (FSX only)

Up to this moment we only had London City Airport X as part of the our bigger VFR London X

package. But now it can be bought separately as a simple and cheap FSX add-on . The

airport has been enhanced with 30 cm textures and an extensive traffic file (we even

include the aircraft that will look best). So as long as you can handle the non standard 5,5

degree ILS approaches and the short runway you will have a blast with this product.

londoncityairport_1.jpg

londoncityairport_7.jpg

londoncityairport_6.jpg

londoncityairport_4.jpg

londoncityairport_12.jpg

londoncityairport_8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Shaun :)

First let me say that releasing this airport only is a great idea, because not everyone is interested to see the heart of London itself, but this airport is still very interesting to fly at. Moreover it's a great compromize for FPS.

So I really want to buy it. But I have one question first ;)

Am I correct in assuming the screens you show us here come from the VFR London package ? Because all the buildings surrounding the airport looks the same (and I assume "London City X" is an airport-only scenery ?)

If I am, does the installer come with an "exclude file" to prevent FS X to show the two ugly buildings it places on short final of runway 10 ? (you know, the two white buildings left and right of short final depicted below in the default scenery)

eglc.jpg

If not, would it be possible to have an exclude file which erase them ? :) Because they really ruin the approach for this airport...

Thanks in advance for your answer !!

Deniz

Thanks for your answer Shaun

In that case, would it be possible for Aerosoft to provide an exclude file juste for these 2 buildings in order to prevent FS from showing them ? :)

A big thank you from a potential buyer ;)

Deniz

Converting LCY to FS9 (FSDT needs just a couple of Days to do this with their sceneries) would even bring more customers for that beauty :) ...

Okay try to add this file to the FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\London City Airport X\scenery directory, overwriting the one that's there. Should solve the problem.

Hello Mathijs,

Thank you for the exclude file.

But unfortunatelly with me it does not work. Do you have feedback from other users? (I see - for the moment - just five downloads)

Thank you

Milan

• Aerosoft
Converting LCY to FS9 (FSDT needs just a couple of Days to do this with their sceneries) would even bring more customers for that beauty :) ...

But perhaps FSDT did not start this project as a full FSX project. It's a lot easier to go from FS2004 to FSX then the other way around. Sorry at this moment we got no plans for this.

Guest Paul D.

Hi,

@apollon01: try to reduce your scenery objects - did you replace the file?

@Olaf B.: increase the the mesh-complexity & mesh resolution and wait a little bit (FSX has to load the changes ingame) - some PCs need a while...

Greetz Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Please, Please, Please,

EGLC for FS9 also.

I work there and would love to fly in.

ps. Tomorrow we change to 27/09

I wonder how many times I am going to clear aircraft to land on 10 tomorrow afternoon.

After 11 years of 28/10 it will be fun :P

Neil

• Aerosoft
It is? :blink:

I would've thought making the X version first and porting it down for FS9 would be easier.

No, there is very little in FS2004 scenery that will not work in FSX, but there is a lot in FSX scenery that will not work in FS2004.

Btw the developer is on vacation at this moment, but when he is back we'll change the runway numbers.

Hi, I have VFR London X and London City Airport came with that. When I go to check the FAQ/Updates (after registering the product) under VFR London X all the shows for updates is v1.10 & v1.20. Will the update be made available to that package as well. Also I have not checked the current 0907 AIRAC at this airport but next time flying in would like for everyting to be sycned up. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Hi, I have VFR London X and London City Airport came with that. When I go to check the FAQ/Updates (after registering the product) under VFR London X all the shows for updates is v1.10 & v1.20. Will the update be made available to that package as well. Also I have not checked the current 0907 AIRAC at this airport but next time flying in would like for everyting to be sycned up. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Hi Stick,

Mathijs answered this one in another thread but I can't find it at present.

The person(s) involved with the update to this is on vacation, therefore it will be done on his/their return.

Hi Stick,

Mathijs answered this one in another thread but I can't find it at present.

The person(s) involved with the update to this is on vacation, therefore it will be done on his/their return.

Thanks, I was sure it was here somewhere, but was unable to find. Thanks again for the reply.

Oh, also like this new forum style!

Btw the developer is on vacation at this moment, but when he is back we'll change the runway numbers.

The developer is on vacation ?!?! Developers don't go on holidays...

You mean he's working hard to convert EGLC to FS9 :lol::lol: :lol:

Egbert

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I dont need AS EGLC in FS9...cause I have a very nice freeware for the City Airport;)

Just search on fsnordic.net->File library->Flightsim Software->Sceneries->Great Britain, and scroll down a bit. It´s the Scenery by Matt Ministry, and there was an Update i think. Also on fsnordic.