Us Cities X - 'the Next One'

Guys, to calm this down a bit: We've been quite busy the last days and didn't have time to announce the winner. To stop the speculation at this point:

The right city has been guessed with the first guess, first post and after 7 (!!!) Minutes:

San Francisco?

Congratulations, Bruce! In case you don't get an e-mail after release please remind us about your free copy with a short e-mail to support@aerosoft.com and you will get some instructions on how to collect your free copy. Heck... as you were that fast I'll add a free copy of Helgoland X as well!

One more thing:

We are looking for beta testers for San Francisco and other upcoming cities. If you think you are a reliable person and should be just the right one joining our illustrious beta team, please send an e-mail to support@aerosoft.com. Please let us know if you have any other experiences with beta testing as yet or if there is another good reason why you should join our team. Most preferred are Americans (yes, that does include Canadians ;)) and other who know the US pretty well.

Bests,

Sascha

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ToniJH80

Sasa, Can you tell me what tool you using to convert MSN Live maps 3d cities to FSX?

I model all my cities by my self, but i would like to know the tool so i can convert some of those Live cities to FSX.

Sasa, Can you tell me what tool you using to convert MSN Live maps 3d cities to FSX?

I model all my cities by my self, but i would like to know the tool so i can convert some of those Live cities to FSX.

Can't tell you because we do not use the models from MS Live Map, although they look similar and may have a similar source.

Which, as Mathijs said, is a very good way for everyone to get an impression of how a scenery looks like before we even release it.

Bests,

Sascha

Guest ToniJH80

Here is little comparison from MS Live 3d maps and Usa Cities X.

Totally same models/textures, only difference between these screenshots are that the first is from FSX and secon is from MS Live 3d.

quiz01.jpg

MS Live

38080009.jpg

But keep up the good work, i hope you will make Chicago and other big cities for FSX.

• Aerosoft
Can't tell you because we do not use the models from MS Live Map, although they look similar and may have a similar source.

Which, as Mathijs said, is a very good way for everyone to get an impression of how a scenery looks like before we even release it.

Bests,

Sascha

Like Sascha said, these are not the MS Live Map files, but FSX files created from the same source. We just bought these files so we can use them.

They've got Germany covered with three different tiles of VFR Germany X, probably wouldn't be beneficial to release scaled down versions, but we never know what Mathijs and company have up their sleeves these days. :lol:

• Aerosoft
They've got Germany covered with three different tiles of VFR Germany X, probably wouldn't be beneficial to release scaled down versions, but we never know what Mathijs and company have up their sleeves these days. :lol:

Honestly, there is just no source material of this magnitude for German cities.

This is not a project we build from the bottom up, this is material we buy in and massage into FSX scenery. Now that sounds easy, but it is not. You need a whopping lot of experience, tools and knowledge and that does not include the hundreds of hours to make the suburbs look nice with autogen. Because we do not make the full scenery we can sell it as a reasonable price. For a project like Venice we need to sell thousands of copies to make money, for this we need a lot less.

Can we look forward to Pittsburgh? It's never been done as an addon that I"m aware of...

Could be possible. Just subscribe to the newsletter to be notified when new cities are coming and don't forget to check the forum announcements and previews regularly.

Bests,

Sascha

What do you guys think about Las Vegas, Mathijs?

Well, I'm not Matijs, but I love the idea. The only thing I don't love is that if these don't have night textures, that would be a big loss for Vegas.

Well, I'm not Matijs, but I love the idea. The only thing I don't love is that if these don't have night textures, that would be a big loss for Vegas.

Not a bad idea, considered that I get Las Vegas running performance friendly together with FSDreamteam's airport. Problem is that the airport is so close to the strip and both together would have a heavy impact on frames.

Bests,

Sascha

... Your vote for Cincinnati is logged.
Mr. Kok / Developers,

If Aerosoft decides to do Cincinnati, Ohio at some later date, here is some fotoage a friend took while I flew him over downtown Cincinnati (around 6-8 years ago). I can always get you new photographic info. too if you would need it (at NO $$$ Charge). :D

First of all, Mathijs, thank you for resolving my membership privileges problem as was brought to your attention by Mr Churchill on SOH.

I have the Indianapolis scenery and enjoy it very much despite not having night textures and the occurence of OOM problems when using complicated aircraft and high textured clouds. I'm perfectly willing to work thru those difficulties and look forward to the release of San Francisco.

I don't know if your agreement with the company that models your scenery allows it, but OOM problems for less capable computers might be somewhat reduced if complexity triggers at different levels could be incorporated. This would allow the user to select a complexity level suitable for their computer and flight conditions.

But OOM problems for less capable computers might be somewhat reduced if complexity triggers at different levels could be incorporated. This would allow the user to select a complexity level suitable for their computer and flight conditions.

There already are some options as mentioned in the manual. Just set the Global Texture Resolution slider lower or use the additional texture set.

For SFO we have also inserted different scenery complexity levels.

Bests,

Sascha

Whatever city its going to be, my preference is cities adjacent to an airport. A City that is not close to an airport does not get used much in my Sim.

San Diego is one of those cities that is badly needed since its very close to KSAN and it matters when you are in approach to land. I am sure there are plenty of airports like that. IMO, I hope preference would be given to those cities and those airports. I love London city just because of London city airport. Manhattan is awesome because of three airports that are close by.

Chicago would be awesome along with the old Meigs airport.

Phoenix is a good candidate also.

Manny

Whatever city its going to be, my preference is cities adjacent to an airport. A City that is not close to an airport does not get used much in my Sim.

San Diego is one of those cities that is badly needed since its very close to KSAN and it matters when you are in approach to land. I am sure there are plenty of airports like that. IMO, I hope preference would be given to those cities and those airports. I love London city just because of London city airport. Manhattan is awesome because of three airports that are close by.

Phoenix is a good candidate also.

Manny

along with KSAN, BOS needs a nice update to the city. I can provide pictures etc. if needed

Manny

would be great!

A switchable extra for FS-"Veterans"!

Servus

Remark

I don't know about Las Vegas, but there is already a Megascenery Las Vegas X available, and one that is also distributed by Aerosoft as well if I am not mistaken.

Orbx is also starting to make a lot of progress with work on the north American continent the same was as what they've done with Australia. So I think that it would be great based on their experience in releasing additional especially australian airport sceneries that Aerosoft gradually goes from one interesting US city to the next one.

When you combine that with the Rex weather engine software that is much more than just about weather and clouds, then you will have over time together with an up-to-date PC one heck of a flightsim, one that won't need another next FS, as I certainly don't know what more you can have than the very high amount of reality already available.

Just more very good add-ons will certainly be more than enough, and it will give every developer of state of the art FSX add-ons and especially the end-user the opportunity to almost cover the entire globe over the years to come and eventually with even better PC's.

I only hope that they keep the add-ons in stock as long as it takes because it then would become a hobby of years like the ancient old train model hobby with Marklin as the most known of it. It would be sad if we wouldn't be able to buy a certain scenery anymore just because it has been made years ago while there isn't a next FS than still just FSX.

I don't know what others think of it, but from what I can already witness on my PC, then I can't see how FSX can be made better than just with the right add-ons and a stronger PC, especially the graphics and speed as well as Ram (they now have already DDR3 Ram memory chips available which is much faster than their DDR2 predecessor), but not with another FS which would cause developers to redo everything again and simmers pulling all their hair out of their body due to that they once again have to buy everything anew.

And I think we can agree that most simmers are not that wealthy to go for it once again!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Okay first to guess the next city in the series US Cities X gets it for free;

quiz01.jpg

As you will understand this next one is a bit harder on FPS.

I haven't heard anything about the next US city.(after San Francisco) Will there be more?

I haven't heard anything about the next US city.(after San Francisco) Will there be more?

Yes, working on it right now. Will be there by end of this month or so...

Bests,

Sascha