Vfr Germany

Jens Peter

Hej All

I have a problem with The VFR serie, wich are indeed beautifull, and i have purchased all 3 avail.

Before i was running XP with 32 bit and all possible RAM, and i was continuously hit by the "Blue screen - out of memory mess" with PC crash to follow.

THEN, i decided to upgrade to VISTA 64bit, i changed my RAM to DDR2/8 GB, and finally i was ready to enjoy VFR Germany fully (I have Nividia 8800GTX videocard and a Intel dualcore processor).

But,but,but..after flying from Arlanda appoaching the Northern area my PC crashed again, now with VISTA telling a serious failure had accured.

I de-installed the nothern scenery, but when flying into the West area, same result. Deinstalling all 3 made the difference, no crash.

Does anyone have a clue to solve the problem, my machine should have plenty of power, and its a sad storry no to be able to use these fantastic sceneries.

Thanks in advance for all Help :blink:

JP

Hej Shaun

Thanks for Reply. I have studied the thread, but i am running a VISTA x64 and the tweak should (as i understand) not be applied for that, i anyhow tried when running my XP 32 rig, but still had to delete the 3 sceneries.

Hej Again

This was a hard nut to crack, but i manage at last, and aersofts VFR Germany was not the cause of the crash.

I did update all drivers, but still had crash entering "German Airspace", but when starting from one of the airports in the VFR covered area did not cause any CTD. Then i uninstalled all other sceneries (not Aerosofts) and finally i targeted the crook in the candystore = DAN-VFR/Danish Photo scenery.

When removed no more problems :rolleyes: life is easy and sunny again. So now you know, delete button if you encounter same probs.

Reg. VFR Germany i travel now with great ease, fps running 20-50, Great scenery, Great job done Aerosoft.

Take Care

JP

Hello Jens,

Can you try the fixes for Out of Memory errors on this page here to see if that helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem, but have for the moment no other sceneries than those of Aerosoft installed like VFR Germany West and Nord as well as Megascenery Hawaii X.

I also installed lately German airfields 1,2 and 3 as well as German Airports 2X together with Airports of Mexico City & Central X.

Beside all this is also Austria X installed and UTX Europe & Canada as well as GEX USA/Canada/Alaska and FS Altitude Western Europe.

When I wanted to do some flying in the Inselhüpfen area starting at Sylt, I constantly ran into an FSX freeze with the settings advised in the manual. I had also installed TrackIR 5 and seem to wrongly have thought that it was the cause of the problem.

But after uninstalling it and go for a flight in FSX starting always in Sylt, then FSX frooze too and thus TrackIR couldn't be the problem. So did a few changes in the Library settings and unchecked also FS altitude, but to no avail.

Yes, it went better in a first flight test after the Library settings change. Instead of flying just for about 10 to 15 minutes, I was able to fly from Sylt almost to Bremen Harbor till FSX said no more. I dunno know if this is due to that I had passed perhaps the problems in the scenery whereas I the other time flew right over it.

What I do notice however is that the fps jumps like crazy between 10 to even a maximum of 80 sometimes in. And it even over just water scenery can drop sometimes to below 10 fps with the camera view pointed top-down to the water. How strange can that be because such a view creates normally one of the biggest and stable fps hits you can get in FSX?

Another guess is to uninstall VFR Germany Nord, as I hadn't had none of these problems with VFR Germany West installed when it was installed together with Austria X, UTX, GEX, Hawaii X. I don't know if it will help.

My idea is that if I let the scenery of the German Airfields as well as German Airports 2 X installed and reinstall VFR Germany Nord that it maybe could solve the problem due to the automatic updating vis-à-vis the airfields installed already within the region. But it's just a wild guess and if it doesn't, then I will be at a total loss in how to solve this issue here, as it's for the moment my last hope.

So I would be very glad if someone has encountered the same situation without the Dan scenery present on his/her system and found a way to solve it.

Thanks.

P.S. I also have Traffic X installed.

Hi,

I have a similar problem, but have for the moment no other sceneries than those of Aerosoft installed like VFR Germany West and Nord as well as Megascenery Hawaii X.

I also installed lately German airfields 1,2 and 3 as well as German Airports 2X together with Airports of Mexico City & Central X.

Beside all this is also Austria X installed and UTX Europe & Canada as well as GEX USA/Canada/Alaska and FS Altitude Western Europe.

When I wanted to do some flying in the Inselhüpfen area starting at Sylt, I constantly ran into an FSX freeze with the settings advised in the manual. I had also installed TrackIR 5 and seem to wrongly have thought that it was the cause of the problem.

But after uninstalling it and go for a flight in FSX starting always in Sylt, then FSX frooze too and thus TrackIR couldn't be the problem. So did a few changes in the Library settings and unchecked also FS altitude, but to no avail.

Yes, it went better in a first flight test after the Library settings change. Instead of flying just for about 10 to 15 minutes, I was able to fly from Sylt almost to Bremen Harbor till FSX said no more. I dunno know if this is due to that I had passed perhaps the problems in the scenery whereas I the other time flew right over it.

What I do notice however is that the fps jumps like crazy between 10 to even a maximum of 80 sometimes in. And it even over just water scenery can drop sometimes to below 10 fps with the camera view pointed top-down to the water. How strange can that be because such a view creates normally one of the biggest and stable fps hits you can get in FSX?

Another guess is to uninstall VFR Germany Nord, as I hadn't had none of these problems with VFR Germany West installed when it was installed together with Austria X, UTX, GEX, Hawaii X. I don't know if it will help.

My idea is that if I let the scenery of the German Airfields as well as German Airports 2 X installed and reinstall VFR Germany Nord that it maybe could solve the problem due to the automatic updating vis-à-vis the airfields installed already within the region. But it's just a wild guess and if it doesn't, then I will be at a total loss in how to solve this issue here, as it's for the moment my last hope.

So I would be very glad if someone has encountered the same situation without the Dan scenery present on his/her system and found a way to solve it.

Thanks.

I bernabie

I have the same problem, but i do not have germany VFR. Every time i departure Sylt i get a CTD. Shaun and horst (developer) help me in this matter you can see the post in the below link.

Forum entry

Something related about the combination of Airfields 2 and Helgoland and ship traffic. I do not see in your software Helgoland. So could be another isue. I have to make some more tries but look like if you disable the maritim traffic could be OK. Horst told me that they were working in an update that might help in this matter.

Best regards

Hi,

Thanks.

by the way i have

German Airfields 1, 2 and 3

German airports 2

Helogoland

Mytraffic

Vista 64 home premium - FSX acceleration

Hi Guys,

We recently experienced some crash problems caused by AI traffic ships in German Airfields 2. The developer is still working on it but it looks like that the problem is something within FSX itself we can´t do much about. Meaning: The more AI files are active, the more likely it is that FSX will crash.

If you experience this problem we advise to deactivate the traffic of German Airfields 2 by going to

FSX\Aerosoft\German Airfields 2\Scenery

looking for files contain ing "traffic" in their name and removing them from this directory (backup recommended).

Bests,

Sascha

Thanks Sascha for the info on this problem. ;):)

Will try to do as you advice and see what happens when I will have more time to go for a very long flight.