Problem With Mfd/hud

knife94

Hi other f-16 pilots,

i have a problem wich is weird. First I had no problems at all but no i can't start up the mfd's and hud, specially in the AM display. In the others I can only turn on the Hud. I tried many things, updates and much more.

Regards,

Knife94

Have you tried a cold start and followed the checklist on page 46 of the manual step-by-step?

Once or twice I have been without power (and thereby without HUD and MFD) and I think it was after not following the checklist properly. The kicker was that even after doing that and re-selecting the cold start through the Shift+2 menu, it wouldn't work. I reloaded the flight, did the checklist and then it worked.

Have you tried a cold start and followed the checklist on page 46 of the manual step-by-step?

Once or twice I have been without power (and thereby without HUD and MFD) and I think it was after not following the checklist properly. The kicker was that even after doing that and re-selecting the cold start through the Shift+2 menu, it wouldn't work. I reloaded the flight, did the checklist and then it worked.

I will give it a try, but I can't select in the shift+2 Menu.. I havce v1.10.

Tnx by the way.

Knife94

I will give it a try, but I can't select in the shift+2 Menu.. I havce v1.10.

Tnx by the way.

Knife94

Make sure there's a "Window01=Engine_state" line under the "[Window Titles]" section of the panel.cfg file in the "...\Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel" folder. If not, you may have to reinstall the update.

I would also recommend updating to the latest version, which is 1.20 at the moment.

Hello knife94,

If you have installed V1.20 of the Falcon X and the MFDs do not display then please un-install the Falcon, then un-install SP2 from FSX and then Re-install SP2 and then the Falcon. A corrupted SP2 installation is being known to cause this issue.

Hello knife94,

If you have installed V1.20 of the Falcon X and the MFDs do not display then please un-install the Falcon, then un-install SP2 from FSX and then Re-install SP2 and then the Falcon. A corrupted SP2 installation is being known to cause this issue.

Tnx mr. Fletcher, i'll try now!

It doesn't work, only in the AM there is no hud and mfd. In the other types, I have everything except the mfd's. It's very confusing because I have to make movies with the f-16...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
For anyone who has the same problem: Delete al your partitions and install windows -> fsx -> aerosoft f-16 again;)

What??? Delete all my partitions and reinstall windows, then FSX and then the F16?  I don't think that is the best advice to fix a game issue. I have the same problem but that won't be the fix. Any *other* tips welcome :-)

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE (knife94 @ May 24 2009, 13:59 ) For anyone who has the same problem: Delete al your partitions and install windows -> fsx -> aerosoft f-16 again;)

What??? Delete all my partitions and reinstall windows, then FSX and then the F16? I don't think that is the best advice to fix a game issue. I have the same problem but that won't be the fix. Any *other* tips welcome :-)

Guys

I'm new to this so bear with me.

I have installed Version 1.11 and also have no HUD or MFDs.

I am happy to uninstall the F-16 and re-install but would be concerned if I have to start ininstalling either windows or FSX.

Anyone any other thoughts?

Guys

I'm new to this so bear with me.

I have installed Version 1.11 and also have no HUD or MFDs.

I am happy to uninstall the F-16 and re-install but would be concerned if I have to start ininstalling either windows or FSX.

Anyone any other thoughts?

I am operating Version 1.1 as it came on CD. Without Update

To see HUD and MFDs the engine must be running .

Familiarise with the cockpit.

Find out how to start (and stop:) the engine

Find the switch HUD ON/OFF. Find the switch MFD ON/OFF

Continue cockpit familiarisation - there is much more to find out.

Thereafter start flying. The aerosoft f-16 is no toy - she is a wonderfull toy

Hello Folks,

Please download and install the V1.20 update and then try the HUD/MFDs. You must also have FSX Service Pack 2 installed if you dont already.

Once installed load the default Cessna then load the Falcon and select the "Ready to ffy" option, then check everything.

Hello Folks,

Please download and install the V1.20 update and then try the HUD/MFDs. You must also have FSX Service Pack 2 installed if you dont already.

Once installed load the default Cessna then load the Falcon and select the "Ready to ffy" option, then check everything.

I have downloaded and saved V1.20.

The instructions say " unzip this file to the main FSX Folder and overwrite all the existing files"

1. Do I need to uninstall V1.11 first?

2. Do I just go into the main folder or do I actually go into Sim Objects/Airplanes and open there?

3. Do I have to manually overwrite the files or will this be achieved automatically?

Sorry if this sounds a bit simple but I would like to get it right first time.

Hello BobM,

Please dont un-install anything.

This is what I normally do.

Unzip the file to a temp location.

Open the folder and you should then find 3 folders named Aerosoft, Missions, and simobjects.

Copy these to the root folder of FSX and allow to overwrite.

The root folder being.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.

Hello BobM,

Please dont un-install anything.

This is what I normally do.

Unzip the file to a temp location.

Open the folder and you should then find 3 folders named Aerosoft, Missions, and simobjects.

Copy these to the root folder of FSX and allow to overwrite.

The root folder being.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.

Thank you for that.

However, please may I run this past you.

1. The V1.11 Aerosoft folder contains a scenery folder, the V1.20 does not appear to. If I over-write will I be losing anything?

2. I went to put "missions" into the FSX folder and it appeared to be wanting to overwrite the existing folder "missions" but that contains all the FSX missions not just F16, so a bit worried about that. I am presuming I should copy into the existing "missions" folder and try to overwrite the folder in there called "aerosoft missions"?

3. Likewise with simobjects. Surely I cannot just allow it to overwrite the existing simobjects folder, this is full of aircraft.

Please note that all other aircraft have all models contained in single folder, not so F16 which has an individual folder for each model. I guess I may have to copy over each one individually, or perhaps move them into a single folder.

Sorry if my questions appear a bit basic but I have not had to do this before.

It may be that the software is clever enough to recognise what it has to overwrite and what to leave

• Upvote 1