Problem With Florence X

Andrea Guagnelli

Hallo, i try to install this scenery several time but everytime I dont see the buildings (remain only dark shadow on the terrain).

The airport the city of Florence are not present only one church and the dom are present.

All I can see are dark shadow

I dont know but also the Virtuali software is not present up in the bar.

I try also to install separately the newest Addon manager virtuali because I have the fsxaccelerator inside but nothing to do.

I'm disperate :( Florence is my favorite city where i was when was little, please try to suggest me something.

Thanks in advance Andrea.

Hello Andrea,

Please check the scenery library to make sure that there aren't 2 entries for Florence.

If there is delete one of them as 2 entries can cancel the scenery out.

Made, there is only one entry but the problem remain.

I have made all the possible i'm desperate. :o

I want to inform that up in the bar there is a voice "moduli aggiuntivi" where inside is present fsuipc and the 757 captain sim and all of that works fine.

The problem seems to be addon manager, when i install it (the newest version 2.42) i can see it in programs but is not present in the bar of fsx.

I also inform you that i'm under Vista 32 very good updated, for example the microsoft visual c ++ redistributable 2005 and 2008 are all there, also the newest m.v.c. 2008 ver x86 9021022.

Made, there is only one entry but the problem remain.

I have made all the possible i'm desperate. :o

I want to inform that up in the bar there is a voice "moduli aggiuntivi" where inside is present fsuipc and the 757 captain sim and both are working fine.

The problem seems to be addon manager, when i install it (the newest version 2.42) i can see it in programs but is not present in the bar of fsx.

I also inform you that i'm under Vista 32 very good updated, for example the microsoft visual c ++ redistributable 2005 and 2008 are all there, also the newest m.v.c. 2008 ver x86 9021022.

inside is present fsuipc and the 757 captain sim and all of that works fine.

Your Addon Manager is not the current version. The current version is 2.7.0.0, please download the stand-alone Addon Manager from our web site (FSDT).

If this still doesn't work, it might be your Simconnect is broken. The fact you see other modules working, doesn't mean much, because those modules might be programmed to use the older Simconnect, while the Addon Manager requires the SP2/Acceleration so, if your SP2/Acceleration Simconnect is broken, the Addon Manager might not work, but other modules might.

Try first with the current Addon Manager version and, if it doesn't work, I'll tell you how to diagnose Simconnect problems.

Your Addon Manager is not the current version. The current version is 2.7.0.0, please download the stand-alone Addon Manager from our web site (FSDT).

If this still doesn't work, it might be your Simconnect is broken. The fact you see other modules working, doesn't mean much, because those modules might be programmed to use the older Simconnect, while the Addon Manager requires the SP2/Acceleration so, if your SP2/Acceleration Simconnect is broken, the Addon Manager might not work, but other modules might.

Try first with the current Addon Manager version and, if it doesn't work, I'll tell you how to diagnose Simconnect problems.

I think my Simconnect is not broken, my FSX version is the gold edition (that's mean accelereation pack and SDK are inside and all work very fine).

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I've got the very same problem. I tried all kinds of things, de-activate the exclude bgl's, turning on/off the ground scenery shadows, setting the autogen and scenery complexity slider, everything with no result.

I've got WinXP and FSX SP1

Does anyone have a solution for this? Many thanks in advance!