Aes Problem...

Hi guys,

I just bought ten credits for AES and so i downloaded flytampa boston off avsim. After i finished downloading i hit the sync button and it says next time you open up fs it will work or whatever.So I rebooted fs and did all the things to put in the boston scenery.But there was still the red thing saying off.So i rebooted the AEs help thing and it said this exactly, "No scenery.cfg found,check Insatllation Path of AES.So i was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit and help me get this running and working properly.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I just bought ten credits for AES and so i downloaded flytampa boston off avsim. After i finished downloading i hit the sync button and it says next time you open up fs it will work or whatever.So I rebooted fs and did all the things to put in the boston scenery.But there was still the red thing saying off.So i rebooted the AEs help thing and it said this exactly, "No scenery.cfg found,check Insatllation Path of AES.So i was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit and help me get this running and working properly.

Thanks!

Hi,

Maybe you should start reading the manual first!?

Did you install the Boston scenery at all?

And then you have to choose the Boston Airport from the list inside AEShelp - Activation of Airports. A little help might be to check the mark in the upper left corner saying "only show installed addons" or something like that. If Boston is not found on that list, you have not installed the scenery correctly. If Boston appears, click it and activate it.

Okay thanks! Now my problem is the AEShelp thing wont even start up.As I said before it said like check path of scenery.cfg not installed or located on AES or something like that.But thanks for the help!

• Developer

Did you maybe copy/move AESHelp to the desktop? The exe must be started (maybe by shortcut) from the directory <FS9>\Aerosoft\AES and no where else.

Oh so i shouildnt have the AEShelp on the desktop?(aNd i just tried reinastalling by deleting all of the files and it still said the same scenery.cfg thing.)

• Developer

You should not move the EXE to the desktop. The installer will place a shortcut Icon on the desktop, but the programm will be executed from the AES directory.

Did AESHelp starts the first time, after you run the installer?

Please also check, if you have a file named scenery.cfg in your FS9 Main directory.

Did you FS starts correct?

Yeah the installer works and everything but once its finshed installing and i hit finsh it says No scenery.cfg found,check Insatllation Path of AES. But I will look at the things you said to do. I just want this to get up and running : ) (oh and one thing this only happened after i downloaded the flytampa boston scenery...

• Developer

But you are talking about FS9 (FS2004)? Then there must be a scenery.cfg file (or minimum a newscenery.cfg until FS was started once).

If you are talking about FSX, then its different, but there AES is not compatible yet.

sorry for triple post but i have the project rome scenery istalled and i hit resync repair and it said next boot up of fs AES should work on the airport but i rebooted FS and it still say Rome is off.Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.

• Developer

Sorry, but you dont read the manuel, you dont know how to install a scenery. The resync Button has no function for you, as long as the scenery is not correct installed and you activate the airport to "FS9" instead of "off" in AESHelp before.

Read or get infos how to handle you FS first, before you don't see the rome airport addon scenery in your FS, don't try to add AES there.

I can not give you any support how to handle the basics around the FS here, therefore you find other public sources in the internet.

When you have understand how to handle the addon sceneries and you have read the AES manual and AESHelp shows you the airport not anymore red, then we can talk about AES issues you have.

At the moment, your problem is FS basics, not AES.

Okay well one more question the red bar at the top of the AEShelp it always says red and disconnected.But when i look at the screenshots it is yello wna d say local.What does that mean?

• Developer

1.) The Connect is only green when the FS is running in the background and AES can see the FS. Is not important for the activation, only needed to modify Aircraftparameters or programm setting, but you are not at this point now

2.) When you have installed the FS on Vista and you use the default Install directory C:\program files\... then you will only get the connect, when the FS is started in Admin compatible mode, or you wait for AES 2.0, there a special separate Programm for the config is included.

For the moment, this red bar is not you problem.

yeah i saw that but like when i click on it i cant use my credits on it.... like were the thing should be that says use credits on that it disapears. Or should i just go to nurenberg and play and the thing will already be there?

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I would suggest that you read the manual that comes with the product.

AES is a very easy program to operate and the manual explains everything.

I promise you that if you take the time, which doesn’t take long, to go over the instructions, all of your questions will be answered! ;)

ok i have read it like 5 times lol. But like what would be an easy freeware airport to download?

Something like GAP's Skiathos would be a good start as it has an automated installer.

I also recommend you read this tutorial, although the first 3 steps don't apply when extracting scenery using an exe file.

Matthew

Okay so now when i start it up theres a popup that says AES has detected a SCENERY.CFG in the Virtual Store! This can generate problems With Sceneries! SHould AES Copy this file to the main path? THen it syas yes or no what should i choose?Cuase i dont want to mess it up again so i thought I would ask you guys so what should I do?