Bush Hawk X Missions

Tobus

In the most excellent Bush Hawk X, the missions don't seem to be working.

When opening them from the FSX main menu, all is laid out. But once in the cockpit, there are no marks where to go and the mission tab on the kneeboard is empty. Also on "completing" (seems impossible since in the cockpit there is no feedback on the mission) a reward isn't given, nor is there a rundown of objectives done vs. pending.

Is this normal, or can something be wrong with my install?

Hello Tobus,

I'll check to see if everything is in order here.

Shaun,

I read the manual for the bushhawk but can't find any comments (Q&A) in it about the missions.

I also read the manual for the Twotter missionpack, which I also own.

This states:

Q: after loading a mission i cannot see the mission compass or hear a dialogue. After I press ESC I cannot see the mission goals window. What's wrong?

A: There seems to be something wrong with the mission folder. Maybe you have altered files or deleted something by accident. Try to reinstall the application or contact Aerosoft Support.

Since this is exactly what my problem is with the bushhawk missions, I'll look into the missions folder and maybe try to reinstall.

Edit: I uninstalled Bushhawk X, checked if missionfolders were gone, reinstalled Bushhawk X--> same problem. Updated Bushhawk X to v1.10, still same problem.

I'm sorry to read this. We didn't have any issues of that kind before. Seems like the mission you tried did not load correct. Did you try several of the Assisted Flights? Do you have Acceleration or SP2?

I'm out of office this week but will be looking into it asap. ;)

I'm sorry to read this. We didn't have any issues of that kind before. Seems like the mission you tried did not load correct. Did you try several of the Assisted Flights? Do you have Acceleration or SP2?

I'm out of office this week but will be looking into it asap. ;)

It is strange indeed. I have yet again uninstalled my version (v1.00 + v1.10 patch), then reinstalled the complete v1.10. But still no go. I have tried several bushhawk missions, all seemingly giving me the same flaw: no missionpointer, a blank mission tab in the kneeboard, and no mission status screen after pressing ESC. Effectively, the mission becomes a free flight directly after loading.

I have Win XP SP3 and FSX SP2, no accelerationpack (but am looking to get it, hard when all you can find is the FSX gold package).

All other missions, including several also from Aerosoft, are giving me no such trouble.

Shall I also mail this problem to support?

It is strange indeed. I have yet again uninstalled my version (v1.00 + v1.10 patch), then reinstalled the complete v1.10. But still no go. I have tried several bushhawk missions, all seemingly giving me the same flaw: no missionpointer, a blank mission tab in the kneeboard, and no mission status screen after pressing ESC. Effectively, the mission becomes a free flight directly after loading.

I have Win XP SP3 and FSX SP2, no accelerationpack (but am looking to get it, hard when all you can find is the FSX gold package).

All other missions, including several also from Aerosoft, are giving me no such trouble.

Shall I also mail this problem to support?

Shaun, Horst.

I found a copy of Acceleration today and bought it. Installed it (after first having to uninstall SP2) and guess what?

The Bush Hawk missions work. The Mt Edgecombe mission starting directly off with having the option to change passengers and/or cargo. After landing I got the "mission completed" and after completion I got my merit.

From what I can tell, the missions are "bugged" with regards to FSX SP2, but work fine with FSX Acceleration pack.

Anyway, my problem is gone! :D

Sorry to hear you had to fix the problem yourself - and glad to hear it's working now. ;)

I don't recall having any reports of those missions not working with SP2, but if somebody else should have this problem, please tell me and I'll take a closer look at it.

Hi Horst...

Sorry to hear you had to fix the problem yourself - and glad to hear it's working now. ;)

I don't recall having any reports of those missions not working with SP2, but if somebody else should have this problem, please tell me and I'll take a closer look at it.

Well, I have the same problem - FSX with SP2 (no acceleration pack) and the Bushhawk missions don't work. I get the exact same symptoms as posted above by Tobus. All mission I tried so far are without compass, pointers and merits, almost resembling a free flight. I say almost, because unlike a true free flight, a lot of options (like aircraft selection, weather, airports, etc...) are locked.

It would be great if you could look into this problem further, as for the moment I have no intentions of upgrading to acceleration pack :)

Btw, I have one other mission that shows a similar behaviour, it is from the Aerosoft TwinOtter mission pack (flying some RCMP guys back to Canada - "Northwest Cargo"). I don't know if this has been solved by now, or if it is/was caused by the same root problem - but it has been discussed in this forum, so perhaps you might also want to contact the guys who have been dealing with that problem.

Best regards

Andreas

Edit: Insert a mission name

If the realism options are locked, then the mission is working. ;)

What screen do you get when you hit ESC? The small free flight screen or the mission screen with the goal and potential rewards?

Maybe you just have to press shift+u to show the compass.

First of all, thank you for your quick reply :)

If the realism options are locked, then the mission is working. ;)

Ha, you are an optimist... ;)

What screen do you get when you hit ESC? The small free flight screen or the mission screen with the goal and potential rewards?

Maybe you just have to press shift+u to show the compass.

I get the small free flight screen upon pressing ESC. No goals, no potential rewards.

Additionally, there is just a blank (gray, actually) space in the kneeboard's "mission goals" section.

Pressing "shift+u" does not bring forward a compass.

Pressing simply "u" does not work (thats how "show/hide compass" is mapped on my system).

Enabling the compass + pointer directly in the settings menu does not display a compass.

I have FSX + SP2 (no acceleration pack!) running on a Vista system.

Ultimate Terrain X Canada is installed.

I hope you find the time to look into this problem, because without the mission compass the "assisted flights" become pretty pointless - I like the airplane a lot and would really love to be able to go flying and exploring your scenarios.

Btw, as mentioned in my post above, there was a mission in the Aerosoft TwinOtter mission pack ("NorthWest Cargo") showing the same behaviour. Apparently it got fixed by the developper in patch v1.04 (downloaded from http://www.combatplanes.ca/fsx_support.htm - the latest patch v1.03 from the aerosoft support database did NOT fix the problem).

So maybe it could help to ask Leonard Hjalmarson ( http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...st&p=113038 ) what he changed to get it working, or where the problem was.

Best regards and have a nice weekend

Andreas

Horst,

I have the same problem as Andreas. I, too, have SP2, no Acceleration, and run on Vista 32 Home Premium. Until I read this thread, I tought they were just pointless missions.

Bump

So maybe it could help to ask Leonard Hjalmarson ... what he changed to get it working, or where the problem was...

No offense to anybody, but it'd rather be the other way round. B)

Now, back to the problem. The realism options being grey'ed out even though the mission does not seem to load correctly is weird, but if you got the free flight menu after ESC the mission did not load indeed.

Sorry for that problem, I'll be trying to fix it asap.

Could you please also take a look which of the Assisted Flights work and which not? Does the Introduction mission work?

There just does not seem to be anything in it that prevents the mission from working on either standard, SP1, SP2 or Acceleration. :unsure:

Could you please also take a look which of the Assisted Flights work and which not? Does the Introduction mission work?

There just does not seem to be anything in it that prevents the mission from working on either standard, SP1, SP2 or Acceleration. :unsure:

Yeah, sure...

Ok, I see the following 12 BHXP Assisted Flight missions under "Aerosoft Flights", all categorized as "Beginner":

FlyIn Fishing -> did not load

Flightseeing at Mt Edgecombe -> did not load

Flightseeing Blue Mountains -> WORKS

Columbia Spring -> did not load

Along the Cascades -> WORKS

Alpine Canoeing -> WORKS

Aleutian Supply I -> WORKS

Aleutian Supply II -> WORKS

Aleutian Supply III -> WORKS

Aleutian Supply IV -> WORKS

Flightseeing Mount Rushmore -> WORKS

Salmon Air - did not load

Hmm, I am surprised myself how many missions actually work - but out of sheer bad luck I had tried FlyIn Fishing, Salmon Air and Flighseeing at Mt Edgecombe before I gave up and came to the forum to cry for help... :blush:

Looks like all non-working missions are in (or at least nearby) Canada... hmmm...

I disabled UT Canada in the scenery settings, did a restart of FSX and tried to load some of the non-working missions, but to no avail. :(

I hope this new information helps in any way...

Oh, and just out of curiosity, which of those missions is the Introduction mission you mentioned above?

Best regards

Andreas

It's called "Bushhawk XP - Introduction" and located just above the Assisted Flights.

Oh - I am sorry, I think we just found another glitch. :blink:

This mission is not visible at all in the list of missions when I am inside FSX.

But I just checked, when I go into explorer and look at the FSX mission folder itself (Missions\Aerosoft Missions\), it sits right there (right next to all the other Bushhawk missions). The folder is called "Bushhawk XP - Introduction", and it contains a .FLT, a .WX, and a .xml file with the same name, as well as two bitmap files and a folder labeled "Sound" that is full of .wav files. So I guess the files are there - does the mission perhaps need to get registered in FSX somewhere?

Best regards

Andreas

No, it should be there. Very sorry to read that, I really wonder why we did not have any error reports in beta testing. Maybe we put too much effort in testing the aircraft and not the missions. :blush:

I do not see the Introductory mission either.

For the ones I have:

FlyIn Fishing - No Compass

Flightseeing at Mt Edgecombe - No and the title of the briefing reads "Salmon Air"

Flightseeing Blue Mountains - Has mission compass

Columbia Spring - No compass

Along the Cascades - Yes, has mission compass

Alpine Canoeing - No and the title of the briefing reads "Salmon Air"

Aleutian Supply I - Yes

Aleutian Supply II - Yes

Aleutian Supply III - Yes

Aleutian Supply IV - Yes

Flightseeing Mount Rushmore - No and the title of the briefing reads "Salmon Air"

Salmon Air - No mission compass

BR

Well, I see I started up quite the hornet's nest. :lol:

From what I can recall, none of the missions worked for me, but I didn't test the 4 Aleutian missions so can't comment on those.

Also, I didn't have the introductionmission in the list in FSX.

As said, I had SP2, after going to AccPack everything is well.

Also, when looking at the missions through FSAddon's MissionEditor, I can't really see anything wrong in the coding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...