Katana And Dx10 Preview

Psybear

I remember some talk of a DX10 fix for the Katana DA-20 in Acceleration. Did that ever happen or is it still incompatible with DX10?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi, this issue has never been solved yet. I downloaded the patch AS_KATANAX_UPD_SP2 yesterday, but that still didn't fix the problem. Still white textures for the otherwise enjoyable Katana when on dx10. I wished Aerosoft would be honest about this and NOT sell this as a fsx product. I remember very well Microsofts presentation in 2006 at the flight simulator weekend in Lelystad, with them showing the wonders of dx10! So the fsx plane developers should make there planes dx10 compatible. Anything not compatible with dx10 should NEVER be sold as a fsx product. Did you hear this, Aerosoft?

Greetings, Jeanco

• Aerosoft

Hi, this issue has never been solved yet. I downloaded the patch AS_KATANAX_UPD_SP2 yesterday, but that still didn't fix the problem. Still white textures for the otherwise enjoyable Katana when on dx10. I wished Aerosoft would be honest about this and NOT sell this as a fsx product. I remember very well Microsofts presentation in 2006 at the flight simulator weekend in Lelystad, with them showing the wonders of dx10! So the fsx plane developers should make there planes dx10 compatible. Anything not compatible with dx10 should NEVER be sold as a fsx product. Did you hear this, Aerosoft?

Greetings, Jeanco

Jeanco, even Microsoft calls the DX10 mode a demo and a preview. It has advantages (it's a bit faster and there are some water reflections that are better) but it has major problems. For starters it is not documented at all in the SDK, it can't handle detailed textures (when a scenery is sold as DX10 compatible that is a BAD sign) and there are problems with lights that we (and all other devs) can simply not solve. Now if that means you feel we can't sell it as an FSX product that's fine for us. If you only want to buy products intended for what MS itself called a PREVIEW that's fine for us. I am sorry you will not like all ours products, but as Shaun said, you are misguided by what even MS people are now embarrassed about.

And yes we did hear you.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks lads, I can understand it a bit better now and I will not complaint about this any longer. And thanks for hearing my suggestion Mathijs, je bent een kei!