The Perfect Addon

• Aerosoft

One of the products the lab deep in our basement is working on. The first prototypes now work but we got to find a nice way to refill the thing. Estimated price is $24.95 and it should be available a year from now. When you plug it into your USB port it will detect when a simulator is running and will start to spread the lovely smell of half burned avgas.

girostick.jpg

• Upvote 5

One of the products the lab deep in our basement is working on. The first prototypes now work but we got to find a nice way to refill the thing. Estimated price is $24.95 and it should be available a year from now. When you plug it into your USB port it will detect when a simulator is running and will start to spread the lovely smell of half burned avgas.

girostick.jpg

Shucks, a year is a long time to wait! Will it be available to download? :lol:

• Upvote 1

Shucks, a year is a long time to wait! Will it be available to download? :lol:

hahaha, that was good! Still think its a joke! ;)

It´s not a joke.

I have a prototype here.

Smells good, but now my house is gone up in smoke.

Better wait for the final production model.

If the girlfriend/wife knocks it out while cleaning, does that constitute a "bird strike"? :D

(Not being sexist, slang doesn't work otherwise ;))

If the girlfriend/wife knocks it out while cleaning, does that constitute a "bird strike"? :D

(Not being sexist, slang doesn't work otherwise ;))

:lol::lol::lol:

Good one Nick!

and in answer to your question, Yes I think it would! ;)

Have you decided to sell a legal form of "Drug sniffing" (like hair spray) to pay the bills ... ??? ? :P

They must be real hard up for cash; after MS' ACES went bust. :lol:

PS: Nice one Nick! LMAO ;)

Does it actually make noise or just do odor? Just curious; not really interested.

• Upvote 3

James, not wanting to spoil it for you or others, but you do realise Mathijs started this thread on April 1st... ;)

YOU GOT ME. :P:blush::blush::blush:

:lol:

PS: Where does he keep finding stuff like this? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

James, not wanting to spoil it for you or others, but you do realise Mathijs started this thread on April 1st... ;)

Did you really believe that I thought it was possible to download a USB stick??? Yeh, I was aware of the date and thought mine was

a fun reply - Ah well, another joke goes flat <_<

Yes but the smell only stays around on April 1st, so the danger is not too big.

I supose the next thing you'll be saying is that this project might never get completed? Mind you, from some of the comments above, I wouldn't mind betting that some people have been getting affected by the dodgy levels of smell produced during early beta testing :lol:

could you please accomplish it anyway?

All you need is a flame resistant container, couple drops of Jet-A, and some matches. :lol:

Seriously, folks... don't try this for real unless you're looking to rebuild your house.

• 2 weeks later...

although this was an April 1st joke. Those would be some ultra cool USB storage devices. The design is great :)

Ditch the Avgas and release them as usb storage devices :D

Move to a home near an airport...

Nice one Mathijs! Could be a good device to really go and invent. Paraffin wax might do the trick - if you don't mind imagining the "Coconut Airways" home base...

• 2 months later...