Scenery - Missing People

mercury2

There are many scenerys from all over the world to buy. But one thing I`m missing: peopel, going around, passengers waiting for the flight or working at the ramp and so on ...

It seamed it is to difficult for the developers to get them into the scenery-detals. Why? The hardware of the pc`s is strong enough ...

Hope, the criticue will provocate sth.

There is one big problem: how to do it?

In lots of FS9 and older sceneries we had 2D people, some of them not even rotated to the user. I think we can agree that this is not the way to go anymore. Tha means you have to model 3D people. Aerosoft does this in the German Airfields series for example. Problem: impact on performance (they have a couple of thousand polys and 2+ draw calls each) and still looking static.

Of course it would be cool to have something like Emma Field, but animated 3D people, who have routes they follow, are so difficult to code and high impact on fps that this is no option for medium and big airports at the moment.

Maybe FS11 brings us something like GTA, where AI people walk around and interact, but who knows if FS11 comes at all, so for now you'll just have to accept that we save FS resources for more important features like buildings, aircraft and vehicles. ;)

mercury, you are right, but as horst says, there are some attempts, and some are ok and most are not. But when you come to think of it: FS is all about flying really. I would rather see the majority of development efforts, and code writing etc., put into programming decent AI handling, and proper ATC. AES has brought us a lot in terms of animation - now let's continue with even better ground and building textures, AI improvement, recognition of SIDS/STARs etc. everywhere, etc...